Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Colour blind People & Relics

WeoroldWuldor

Colour blind people can't understand the rarity level of items, as their colours are very similar to each other. This is a problem while we're at the reward select screen. As their colour look very similar to each other's, they can't understand which one is the most rare one.

Edited by -_-DaRXoS-_-
Clarification

6 minutes ago, -Virtuoso- said:

Are you a color blind? Im not 100% sure but im pretty sure you can read the relic names and in the names it says if its refined or not. But i may be wrong.

I think OP is talking about the reward select screen, where uncommon items are coloured silver and rare items coloured gold (but that's the only indicator, beyond just knowing what's rare and what's not).

EDIT: Also, I know people playing who aren't colourblind and can find it hard to tell between gold and bronze (contrast settings on monitors, maybe), so adding a suffix onto reward names doesn't seem like a bad idea regardless.

Edited by Tyreaus

2 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

I think OP is talking about the reward select screen, where uncommon items are coloured silver and rare items coloured gold (but that's the only indicator, beyond just knowing what's rare and what's not).

oh i've totally misunderstood the post then. Sorry OP.

12 minutes ago, -_-DaRXoS-_- said:

they can't understand which one is the most rare one.

I mean... I can, so?

I'm not saying that additional identifiers would be a bad thing, I'm just confused by your wording. This is not an issue for every single person with a form of colourblindness.

I'd just add a small icon like a star below, a bronze star for a common drop, two silver stars for an uncommon and 3 gold stars for a rare or something along those lines.

I will say that i am colourblind and i cannot tell the rarites apart unless it's the mid tier white one. The other two, common and rare, are both Reddish Brownish? Either way, i try to do my best to read and remember each relics rare reward, but for the most part i just pick whichever one the most party members are going for. If the colours were the exact same as mods i could probably tell the difference? But who knows? I've always had this issue and i've kind of just dealt with it.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the type of colourblindess i have is Deuteranomaly.

Edited by Nubcrawler
Type of Colourblindess

2 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

I think OP is talking about the reward select screen, where uncommon items are coloured silver and rare items coloured gold

Yes, this is what I meant to say.

--

Updated the topic in order to clarify the subject.

Edited by -_-DaRXoS-_-

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm not saying that additional identifiers would be a bad thing, I'm just confused by your wording. This is not an issue for every single person with a form of colourblindness.

I'd just add a small icon like a star below, a bronze star for a common drop, two silver stars for an uncommon and 3 gold stars for a rare or something along those lines.

This is what I was told. A guy who is a colour blind told me that he can't distinguish between them, ever. There can be so many factors that affect this. For example, the type of your colour blindness or even the monitor you use. And even though it is not the same for everybody with colour blindness, the DE has to do something about it.

Edited by -_-DaRXoS-_-

2 hours ago, -_-DaRXoS-_- said:

Colour blind people can't understand the rarity level of items, as their colours are very similar to each other. This is a problem while we're at the reward select screen. As their colour look very similar to each other's, they can't understand which one is the most rare one.

When I am modding my equipment and i get a negative its nearly impossible for me to see the red text. I can say +90% of red colors but small text and light colors become a nuisance. 

Cant even picture someone who is fully colorblind.