Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies Need To Act More Dead When They're Dead

Justin_Case001

Especially infested.  It's often difficult to tell when they are actually dead.  I'm tired of chargers and ancients flapping and flailing and running amok for like 30 whole seconds after they die.  So much wasted ammo shooting enemies that are dead because they won't stop moving.  When they die, just lay down and look dead!

Maybe a white flag comes out of their hand, waving at a brisk pace would do the trick?

A "nice" feature would be to half the texture alpha of dead enemies, or, set the shader to a global "iam dead" texture.

Edited by Fourdee

I think Infested Ancients might just be bugged.

- If you shoot them with fire, they do their death animation and still slide around without moving their legs,

- their feet doesn't seem to have a hit-box if you shoot too low

- Can't seem to find the head-shot point. Shooting the tentacles does armored damage, shooting where the head connects with the tentacles when they are Bastille'd does armored damage

Funny tidbit: In extermination missions, enemies writhing in their death throws wont count as dead until they actually hit the ground.

It confused me a bit the first few times my counts seemed off.

Another fun fact.

Switch Teleporting enemies in the death animation does work. It will switch their flailing corpse.

And even when you DO know they're dead, they still absorb bullets meant for the guys behind them becuase they DON'T WANT TO FREAKING FALL DOWN.

Annoying as hell, you see a hallway full of guys, and you kill the first guy, they're able to shoot at you, but you can't shoot them because the guy in front is flailing his arms around blocking your fire.

I've got an extremely high-powered laser capable of mowing down robots... but this guy wearing a spacesuit is blocking the laser, which is normally capable of cutting people in half? yeah right, suuuuure.

And even when you DO know they're dead, they still absorb bullets meant for the guys behind them becuase they DON'T WANT TO FREAKING FALL DOWN.

Annoying as hell, you see a hallway full of guys, and you kill the first guy, they're able to shoot at you, but you can't shoot them because the guy in front is flailing his arms around blocking your fire.

I've got an extremely high-powered laser capable of mowing down robots... but this guy wearing a spacesuit is blocking the laser, which is normally capable of cutting people in half? yeah right, suuuuure.

Even worse is seeing a million chargers running your way, loading a whole modded clip of gorgon into them, and realizing you overkilled the first 4 because you had fire and frost as an element so they slowly died.

On second thought, they should make it that the 2nd shot knocks em flat on their butt since they have nothing left holding them straight up and down except for maybe muscle reflexes. And in the case of wepaons like the Spectra and Flux Rifle, the next incoming bit of damage cuts them in half instantly and sends the pieces flying.

Even worse is seeing a million chargers running your way, loading a whole modded clip of gorgon into them, and realizing you overkilled the first 4 because you had fire and frost as an element so they slowly died.

That too.

Shotguns SHOULD be good against Infested.... instead, they suck because you only end up killing the first few in front of you and they absorb all the pellets from the rest of your shots until the rest of them move past the wall of corpses.

On second thought, they should make it that the 2nd shot knocks em flat on their butt since they have nothing left holding them straight up and down except for maybe muscle reflexes. And in the case of wepaons like the Spectra and Flux Rifle, the next incoming bit of damage cuts them in half instantly and sends the pieces flying.

Yes!

Probably an odd suggestion but maybe DE could make corpses have 100% puncture?

And yes!!

I think Infested Ancients might just be bugged.

- If you shoot them with fire, they do their death animation and still slide around without moving their legs,

- their feet doesn't seem to have a hit-box if you shoot too low

- Can't seem to find the head-shot point. Shooting the tentacles does armored damage, shooting where the head connects with the tentacles when they are Bastille'd does armored damage

Ancients, somehow, have both armor in their body and heads, only their legs are unarmored. Even though with armor, a headshot stll does 2x damage. :3

And yes, they need to act more dead!