Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Do Not Host in Public" should be an option

SeekerErebus

All of us have had a game where the host has terrible internet, and the ping fluctuates from 100 to 1500. It's never fun, but you can't particularly blame the host for it; internet isn't always their fault, and especially in random pub games, the system decides the host. Well, it would be nice if, much like deciding a matchmaking ping limit, you could opt out of being the host in matchmaking, when you know that you really shouldn't be. The matchmaker simply wouldn't choose you as host, and if all lobby members have opted out, it would look for a new lobby. Most people would never need the option, but it could help with those more unpleasant experiences.

I surely needed that as an option when I started with Warframe, and before my internet problems were fixed. First time I hosted I got messages (not very polite ones) about my ping, and they were right. It was then when I realized the problem. From then, when I was chosen as the host I had to abort, usually sending a message of "oops, I shouldn't be hosting". I wish there was a button for that in the options.

I no longer have that problem.

Well it is a good idea to opt out of becoming the host, If everyone opts out then the system should check everyone's connection and then choose whoever has the best 1 out of the group, would be a real shame if everyone just ran a 40+min survival only to be kicked out because everyone else has a poor connection and opted out of becoming the host.