Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host Rights.

R3leaZ

This game needs host rights. Hosts should be able to kick at will. Almost every game with party features has that. The host hosts the party sacrificing his PC's performance/connection/etc. just so he can run a party around so he should also have the option to remove party members or lock the party so no one else can join not even friends who come without permission.

Also there should be an option whether you want to host or join a party if this would be implemented and an option to "go solo" if you are inside a party so you can migrate the game to your own PC making yourself the host in your own party (For if the host or party members are extremely annoying/trolling/etc). Kicked party members should also automatically "go solo" hosting the mission themselves so they can still finish them or invite friends to help them out.

Edited by R3leaZ

and what is the host is a troll? lol

massive amount of trolling, so no

This system has been implemented in a large amount of games which uses a party system with hosts.

Also. Implying you want to play together with a host that wants to troll people. Like I said, there will be a "Go solo" feature included for if they kick you, the game will migrate and create an own party that continues from the location you were at during that moment and you would be able to invite your friends to help you out.

It's just it's still a host, it's the host's PC and his/her internet connection where you are standing on. Currently if someone is trolling (or anything that is unacceptable) me while Im the host I just block my connection temporarily which will "kick" him out. I just wish performing this action would have been a lot more user friendly though..

Edited by R3leaZ

Hmm, how about no. It is same S#&$ as vote kick, and vote kick is lesser evil of those 2.

Giving one person option to get rid of people just because he is the host is bullS#&$, it is self centered and selfish.

Lets say host is that kind of person that must have most of the kills or any other max stats at the end of the game. He could kick anything that could be threat to his achievements. Or lets say host is simple troll, kicking people before extraction or for some other unknown reason.

"Oh, you helped me with that potato alert, i will just kick you before extraction because i can."

We all know this will happen if DE implements it.

Hmm, how about no. It is same S#&$ as vote kick, and vote kick is lesser evil of those 2.

Giving one person option to get rid of people just because he is the host is bullS#&$, it is self centered and selfish.

Lets say host is that kind of person that must have most of the kills or any other max stats at the end of the game. He could kick anything that could be threat to his achievements. Or lets say host is simple troll, kicking people before extraction or for some other unknown reason.

"Oh, you helped me with that potato alert, i will just kick you before extraction because i can."

Quoted for Truth my friends. +1 to you my friend

So my internet bandwidth is public property then? OK, remind me to unplug my router next time we're in a game together, and we'll see how far that claim goes.

And again, do you really want to play with a guy who dislikes you enough to forcibly remove you? If he can't remove you, he's going to try his best to 'encourage' you to leave.

"Oh well, I got kicked. Luckily getting kicked just puts me in my own instance! And I'm right next to extraction!"

Because, the OP never suggested that you just get left in the cold, merely separated and running your own instance.

I'm still advocating a proper mission lobby.

Doesn't have to be a whole new window. Just a popup indicating p2p latencies, loadout and host functions, like changing of host, invitations, setting ping limit, etc with chat defaulting to the squad. Only in the lobby can the host and/or players vote to drop other players.

Of course there would also be an "open" mode if the player just want to play without going through squad setup.

i.e. the modes

solo - solo duh

open - joins any open squad, allows anyone to join too if hosting

lobby - proper squad setup with full options. players may join or leave only before the mission

invite - full options + invite only

I'd like a better host selection and matchmaking system as a whole.

I'd get behind being able to choose if you wanted to host your own or join someone elses game.

Everyones just going to stop reading at "hosts should be able to kick at will" and rage at that btw. 

Instead of public games, run private games and invite whomever you want. If you join public games, you know you'll find anything.

And since host selection is finally randomly decided on publics (I click a mission and can't know if I'll be host or no) , I don't see why host should have privileges.

The other idea, select if you want to be hosting or not, seems more interesting.

Also there should be an option whether you want to host or join a party if this would be implemented and an option to "go solo" if you are inside a party so you can migrate the game to your own PC making yourself the host in your own party (For if the host or party members are extremely annoying/trolling/etc). Kicked party members should also automatically "go solo" hosting the mission themselves so they can still finish them or invite friends to help them out.

Like I said, there will be a "Go solo" feature included for if they kick you, the game will migrate and create an own party that continues from the location you were at during that moment and you would be able to invite your friends to help you out.

Do I need to say it again?

I'd  still prefer a vote kick system. I mean why give the rights to a single person?

Also, as someone else mentioned: we need a way to change hosts in a group much more so than kick rights. I have tons of Void keys sitting around in my inventory because my upload rate is damn awful for any manner of hosting outside of my own country.

Never mind open pugs where i randomly get to be the host and then apologize all mission long for the lags, or just leave...

Or we could just get a black list that prevents us from random joining another black listed player and vice versa.  Problem solved.  No trolling capable with this.  No hurt feelings.  Time to lock the thread since this is about the 100th thread about this.

I agree with both points, however you can always use the invite function to lock in the people that you have in your group so that no one else can join.  THere's a grand amount of things that need to be changed with mission lobbies since they're laughable at best.  I kinda miss the old nodes that you didn't have to scroll over to see where people were so you could join up quicker.  Maybe have a lobby for each planet?  that way people could find groups much quicker and it would reduce the spam in different chats.  but that's just an idea.  I think that there should be a penalty system.  as in you and your team get to make marks against a certain player for bad conduct etc, 3 strikes and you're out.  but you can't do it straight way.  make it like every 2 mins or so since missions generally don't last very long.  that way if someone is trolling then you've atleast got time to finish the mission, and if not then you can get rid of him before the mission ends.  not super thought out, but it could work

and what is the host is a troll? lol

this is my biggest concern, i fear some people will host matches all day and just kick people as they matchmake in. which would be... annoying, even if we just drop back into the match alone, it's more loading screens all the time, nobody likes those.

a blacklisting system would fix this over time, but the damage would be done anyways.

however, i've actually encountered my first AFK'ing $#*(@ in a Mobile Defense, so if hosts could just kick people like that, :D

Instead of the host choosing, there should be a vote to kick people.

this is just as big a problem, players could lie in wait in open matches and votekick everyone they don't think is OP enough to carry their sorry butts.

Edited by taiiat