Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DOOM - The Doomguy warframe.

Yuzuki-Prime

Preface:

Obviously a joke concept; I liked the kit concept, but I am aware unless DE wants to work with Zenimax, the design is not only lore unfriendly but entirely not legally possible. I'm not stupid. I know. Read on with a hint of self awareness and learn to take a joke.

X6nro6n.jpg

Description:

DOOM is the embodiment of fear, brutality, and savagery. Hell itself fears the DOOM walker, for he himself harbors a cruelty incomprehensible to the foul and the forsaken. Plated in armor, shelled in lust for vengeance, unforgiving, unrelenting.

Health: slightly above average

Armor: incredibly above average

Shield: slightly below average

Sprint Speed: Usain Bolt

PASSIVE:

Savagery

DOOM can use any blade and whip weapon as a grappling hook to swiftly close gaps between him and his prey. In addition to this, DOOM has a native immunity to self damage and an increased weapon swap time.

ABILITIES:

1: RIP

DOOM will viciously rip apart a single enemy with his bare hands. Each time the skill is cast, DOOM will savagely dismember a part of the enemy dealing 1/5 of the enemies health. Each limb removed will drop viscera and a minor healing orb. If the enemy is killed by Rip, DOOM will be showered in viscera and health orbs. DOOM will drop any ANNIHILATED weapon when he rips his prey apart.

2: TEAR

DOOM will use his melee weapon to tear his prey in half. Effectiveness of TEAR is based on how many limbs have been removed. Killing an enemy with TEAR will shower DOOM in ammo drops.

3: ANNIHILATE

DOOM will open his weapon wheel where he can select 1 of any 8 (defined before mission) weapon equipped to the weapon wheel and equip it with a single magazine. Ammo drops will refill the magazine but will not refill a weapon-wheel's ammo reserves. While the weapon-wheel weapon is equipped, the team will have increased weapon damage output, with increased weapon stats across the board and immunity to self-damage. The effectiveness of the weapon stat buff is based on the health of DOOM, where if DOOM has 100% health the buff is noticeable but marginal, where if DOOM has 25% health, the buff is eradicating. If Annihilate is activated again OR DOOM changes to a different weapon, the weapon-wheel weapon will be dropped and the remaining ammo inside the clip can be collected by a squad mate to refill their own weapon. Weapons equipped to the weapon-wheel and are depleted of ammo must have their ammo refilled before being able to be re-equipped. Should a weapon-wheel weapon become depleted, so long as DOOM has enough energy, at a, increasingly reduced energy cost, DOOM will cycle to the next weapon in the weapon-wheel.

Excessive ammo drops that cannot be used to refill the MAIN load out equipment will be distributed evenly across all depleted weapons equipped to the weapon-wheel.

4: CRUELTY

DOOM will equip his signature weapon; the B.F.G.

The BFG is not the ability. The ability is to simply wield the BFG. The BFG is a gun. The BFG will kill all enemies within it's range in a slow and agonizing death, incapacitating them and leaving them vulnerable as they wither and rot back to their forsaken realm. The BFG has limited ammo. To regain a single munition a large number of ammunition drops must be collected. No corpse nor barrier shall stop the dread summoned forth from the chamber of the BFG.

EXPLANATION OF KIT:

The idea is to have a constantly shifting a moving structure to the use of his kit. RIP obviously keeps him alive, but can benefit Tear. Tear is utility for the squad, but also helps restore Annihilate and Cruelty, but to prevent players cheesing Annihilate with a single weapon, tear is not very effective without using Rip, but rip will make you drop your Annilated weapon, so you can either drop it to regain health and ammo, or you can continue to cycle through your weapon wheel. Cruelty is to bring everything back around again by incapacitating the enemies to prepare them for your ripping and tearing.

The passive I guess would be considered a bit "OP" since it's effectively 2 (or 3, depending on how you want to break it down) passives, but the initial passive with the blade and whip weapons seemed so limited in use, I figured it was fair to add a secondary passive to his kit. But, there was no way I could go without the blade and whip grappling hook idea because I think it increases the savagery of the kit; allowing DOOM to very quickly close gaps between enemies to continue and onslaught of ripping and tearing. I suppose "grapple" could be it's own ability and Rip and Tear could be combined into a single ability, but I personally liked the player-choice created by having to decide between health or ammo; plus it gives more purpose to the player to return to a neutral state by rewarding the player health by giving up their weapon-wheel gun.

Effectively, I wanted high momentum, high risk gameplay; between shifting weapons, grappling hooks, and getting up close and personal with single target enemies, gameplay is hectic and risky.

MODDING:

Ideally, DOOM should be modded with either Power Strength or Power Efficiency in mind, or a balance of both.

RIP and TEAR

Since both operate similarly I'm explaining modding them together. Power strength would be used NOT to determine the damage of the attack as the damage of the attack scales equally with the enemies. Instead power strength would determine the amount of utility the skill has (as in; how much health or ammo is dropped). For duration, I would imagine this could effect the length of the rip or tear animation (similar to what natural talent might do). Since you are targeting a single enemy and left vulnerable, it might be ideal for some to reduce the animation time so that they can get in and out of danger quickly. Range would have 2 uses here; range will increase the range at which you will snap to an enemy and rip or tear them apart, meanwhile also increasing the distance at which drops and viscera are expelled from the body. I'm sure some of you are saying "Well...that's weird, why would you want ammo and health drops flying distances away from the enemy. Sounds useless." And...you're mostly right. But, in that rare instance where DOOM is in the moshpit of enemies, maybe the squish frames don't want to lunge head first into it just for some health or ammo pick ups.

ANNIHILATE

Power Strength will obviously effect the buff given; I would imagine it would effect the multiplier of effectiveness based on DOOM's health. Duration would effect the magazine size of the equipped weapon; where above 100% would be a larger magazine, 100% would be the normal magazine size (determined after the weapon's applied mods), and below 100% would be a smaller magazine size. Range I don't think should effect anything, imo. But I suppose it could potentially effect the range at which the buff is applied, but I don't necessarily like that because if the squad is PALS FOR LIFE, then DOOM is Leeroy Jenkins. DOOM should be the idiot leaving the group and running around. The squad should not have to follow his idiocy just to keep their buff applied.

CRUELTY

As I stated clearly; the BFG weapon is not the ability. The ability you cast is the ability to equip the BFG. I make this distinction because it means nullifiers are not immune to the BFG. So mods will effect the ability and not the gun. Power Strength does nothing. Power duration will act like natural talent. Power range will do nothing.

The BFG

The BFG is effectively a screen nuke. All enemies hit by the BFG WILL die over time, however, they will not die immediately to allow time for DOOM to rip and tear (plus they say swift deaths are more humane, and a humane death is not what I would define as "cruel"). Unlike the Dex Pixia and Diwata, the BFG cannot be modded. It's range is set. It's damage is set. It's ammo count is set. Speaking of ammo count; I'm aware a screen nuke is OP AF. Thus, the BFG has an AMMO count to prevent spamming. I would imagine this ammo count to be very low; possibly no more than 3. However, I hated the idea of effectively nullifying the use of the 4th ability once the ammo was depleted, so I wanted a way to restore the ammo. Cool down timers are boring, so I figured a large number of collected ammo will refill 1 munition for the BFG. Exactly what " a large number" is, I'm not sure. I didn't want to use hard numbers because I don't know what seems balanced; and why spend a lot of time thinking about what is balanced on a concept that won't see the light of day in game? It also synergizes well with his kit anyways.

THOUGHTS and SHORT COMINGS:

Although his skills are utility and/or scale with enemies, his health obviously doesn't. Late game, needing to get up close with a squad of enemies will just mean death. I don't think there is a lot that could be done about this.

DOOM will synergize very will with Nekros - finally a purpose for desecrate outside of just farming! Although I strived to reduce cheesing of Annihilate, a Nekros will prevent those measures from taking place. Regardless, a Nekros will also help increase the speed at which DOOM can recover ammo for his BFG.

DOOM will NOT synergize efficiently with Trinity or other frames that apply group healing. I'm not going to say he doesn't synergize at all, because that is impossible, but due to the multiplier being applied to Annihilate, it might not be ideal to have group healing happening willy-nilly as the squad might want to manipulate DOOM's health to reap the most benefits from the buff.

With the last concept I did (which was a concept rework of Octavia), again I looked for making more dynamic gameplay. My favorite frames to play are the ones where I get to run around like a fool, think about when to use my skills and how to use them, and try to be tactical but fast paced. Obviously I applied the same idea here to DOOM.

Finally: Holy S#&$ I can't #*!%ing wait for DOOM Eternal.

53 minutes ago, Yuzuki-Prime said:

Preface:

Obviously a joke concept; I liked the kit concept, but I am aware unless DE wants to work with Zenimax, the design is not only lore unfriendly but entirely not legally possible. I'm not stupid. I know. Read on with a hint of self awareness and learn to take a joke.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)TheRealTommo said:

Just play Doom.

4 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

No truer words could be spoken.  Especially when you consider the lawsuits this charlie-foxtrot would cause between DE and Id Software. 

Because it seems literacy isn't a thing anymore.

11 hours ago, (PS4)TheRealTommo said:

Just play Doom.

DOOM 2016 doesn't have a grappling hook...also, I already played the S#&$ out of it. DOOM the warframe recontextualizes some of the mechanics of DOOM 2016 into an entirely different environment, which would clearly lead to a very different experience than what is brought in DOOM 2016 and likely what will be brought in DOOM Eternal

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Where’s the Glory Kill Ability?

EDIT: also Berserk!?

Huh...I thought Rip and Tear were good analogues for glory kills and chain saw kills.

As for berserk; it didn't occur to me. What did occur was the possibility of a different fourth ability (which I suppose could be Berserk) and put the BFG at the end of the weapon wheel; so basically if you can cycle through all 8 weapons without needing to drop your annihilated weapon, then you are rewarded with the BFG. Which does sound interesting, but, still, I liked the active and hectic cycle created with the existing set up. (Believe it or not, I wrote a draft of his kit and made several revisions to the way the kit operated before posting it.)

2 hours ago, Yuzuki-Prime said:

Huh...I thought Rip and Tear were good analogues for glory kills and chain saw kills.

As for berserk; it didn't occur to me. What did occur was the possibility of a different fourth ability (which I suppose could be Berserk) and put the BFG at the end of the weapon wheel; so basically if you can cycle through all 8 weapons without needing to drop your annihilated weapon, then you are rewarded with the BFG. Which does sound interesting, but, still, I liked the active and hectic cycle created with the existing set up. (Believe it or not, I wrote a draft of his kit and made several revisions to the way the kit operated before posting it.)

Honestly I’d be satisfied if they just put the Doom Slayer into Warframe without him actually being a Warframe.

Running around Sortie 3 shooting blue energy balls everywhere while tearing Grineer heads from bodies in a first person perspective.

Too many issues though, but we can all dream. Ah well, an entertaining concept nonetheless!

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Honestly I’d be satisfied if they just put the Doom Slayer into Warframe without him actually being a Warframe.

Running around Sortie 3 shooting blue energy balls everywhere while tearing Grineer heads from bodies in a first person perspective.

Too many issues though, but we can all dream. Ah well, an entertaining concept nonetheless!

Honestly I don't think it should be in first-person...though the first person will give a good view of the brutality, but third person will give great situational awareness.

I assume by "blue energy balls" you mean the plasma gun, heh. I think Warframe already offers quite a nice array of diverse weapons that I don't think we need any DOOM 2016 weapons included. (But the super shotgun was my favorite, next to the Gauss cannon).

I would love to see a "mobile arsenal" frame at some point, though, unless it packs plenty of utility, I'm sure no matter the size of the arsenal, the frame wouldn't even come close to top tier.