Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe.Market Used to Dictate Prices

LightsFrame

29 minutes ago, Croise said:

And another One about the Market.........why is it when ever a site comes out for trading someone  wanna stop ppl from using it just becus the dont like the prices???

Simple solution:dont use it or wait for better price

Might want to actually read the thread. There's literally nothing in it about wanting to stop people from using Warframe Market.

On 2018-08-15 at 1:47 PM, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I always sell (and also buy) stuff at how much I consider a decent price. I don't care what some kind of website says, I HAVE farmed for this, or that, so.. take it or leave it.

Likewise. I'm incredibly thankful that warframe.market hasn't gunned down Warframe's trade economy like backpack.tf did to TF2's.

On 2018-08-15 at 11:40 AM, LightsFrame said:

I know that there have already been complaints concerning the topic, but I hope this doesn't come across as one of them. I just want to hear some opinions so I can form my own and answer the following question: Should I stick to my own prices or get in line?

For context, I've been selling (slowly but successfully) prime sets at MUCH higher prices than what Warframe.Market lists because I feel they should be higher. And since Warframe.Market is often used to price check I've been called a scammer a few times. I obviously don't like being known as "that guy" but at the same time I'm making more platinum per set than I would otherwise.

So, should I continue at risk of being seen as a scumbag or change to what's generally accepted?

The developers allow this in their game.

Scumbag away imo

I love reading these posts and the ones about Plat scams. I truly detest the trading system in this game and hearing about its shortcomings on a more frequent basis makes me happy.

More exploits, more scum baggery, more abuse and more cons will just force DE to finally do something. 

Carry on sir! Hoard your digital currency. Hopefully it's all legit.

1 minute ago, IIDMOII said:

The developers allow this in their game.

Scumbag away imo

I love reading these posts and the ones about Plat scams. I truly detest the trading system in this game and hearing about its shortcomings on a more frequent basis makes me happy.

More exploits, more scum baggery, more abuse and more cons will just force DE to finally do something. 

Carry on sir! Hoard your digital currency. Hopefully it's all legit.

Wishful thinking TM

The way I see it is, you can usually sell things for more through trade chat, but it takes longer. On the other hand, if you sell through warframe.market and sell at the lowest listed price, almost no matter what you are selling, it will sell almost immediately.

It's up to you to decide, you want to hang around in trade chat for hours to get the best price possible, or you want to sell quick but at the lowest going rate? 

Time spend does matter, in the long run. Maybe you can farm and sell something in trade chat for 200p in two hours. But if I can farm and sell it through warframe.market for 50p in 20 minutes, then I still made the better deal (since I could make 300p in the 2 hours it took you to make 200p)

1 minute ago, Croise said:

I have read it!......you 2?

Well yes, and you got it completely backwards. It's about people in trade chat not liking the prices set by people who don't use Warframe Market. The obvious solution is that those people should just use Warframe Market if they like the prices there better. Once again there's no one here that doesn't want other people using Warframe Market.

There are absolutely other threads with the mindset that you accused this one of, but it's not this one.