Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would someone enlighten me on the riven subject?

Veridian

Question

Hello everyone,

I'm kind of new to the game, joined late may and so far I've been having a blast. I still haven't gotten into some parts of the game and one is rivens.

So far the only thing I know is that I can sell them for plat and not that I certainly decided to become a trader, but I capped the capacity, so I need to get rid of some of them.

What I can't understand is, how is a riven defined as good or bad, is it only by how applicable its bonuses are to the weapon?

Also, is there some code of conduct, which calls for selling them maxed out?

Lastly if someone could tell me how much those below go for I'll be forever grateful 🙂

https://imgur.com/a/nG0XfYO

Honestly, I haven even heard of some of the weapons for these rivens.

5 answers to this question

Rivens don't need to be maxed out to be sold, but it might make it "worth" more since the buyer doesn't have to use their own endo.

So basic way to judge rivens is to see the affected stats and how they benefit the weapon. 

For example if a riven mostly boosts crit stats but the base weapon only has a base chance to crit of 5, its not going to be very good. Conversly those stats would be phenomenal on something like say the soma. If you get a riven for a weapon you don't own, check out the stats in the market or on the wiki.

Damage and multishot are beneficial stats on almost any weapon so those are always welcome on a riven.

3 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Rivens don't need to be maxed out to be sold, but it might make it "worth" more since the buyer doesn't have to use their own endo.

So basic way to judge rivens is to see the affected stats and how they benefit the weapon. 

For example if a riven mostly boosts crit stats but the base weapon only has a base chance to crit of 5, its not going to be very good. Conversly those stats would be phenomenal on something like say the soma. If you get a riven for a weapon you don't own, check out the stats in the market or on the wiki.

Damage and multishot are beneficial stats on almost any weapon so those are always welcome on a riven.

this^^

also you should note that you can re-roll a riven for different stats if you dont like the onse you have.

RIvens are cancer.  Warframe is very fun.  Rivens are not.  They are disgusting.  Just watch trade chat and see people trading rivens for thousands of plat.  Completely gross.  Then add in chances of getting a decent riven to drop (almost non-existent) or farming a boatload of kuva to re roll the junk riven you have for a mediocre weapon.  Rivens are the worst thing to happen in Warframe.