Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Dumb Threads

eddy193

the threads you have been on that make you go BLARGASDAS

rules:

do not mention players

find things that are not common (we allredy know about the freaking nova nerf threads)

welp lets see some threads make it to the hall of shame

Edited by eddy193

That thread about selling potatoed gear to get platinum is one of the dumbest I've seen.

This one: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/99732-when-you-sell-something-that-is-level-30-with-a-potato-on-it-you-should-get-10-plat/

And this one is quite dumb too: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/99737-selling-framesweapons-with-catalystforma/

Also, this thread is most likely going to get locked, because it's purpose is just mean badmouthing

Edited by CubedOobleck

Every thread that one incredibly sexist guy made, where he always brought up irrelevant statistics from Mass Effect to prove that people don't want to play female avatars in video games.

Haven't seen him around in a while.

Ah him. And his alts.

Yeah you're right, haven't seen him for a looong while now.

Wouldn't it just contradict the rule of "not naming people" since you're linking to thread, telling the names of the ops

Currently I know every thread that has been mentioned here though.

It's most likely the same. Linking it just makes it faster.

Every thread that one incredibly sexist guy made, where he always brought up irrelevant statistics from Mass Effect to prove that people don't want to play female avatars in video games.

Haven't seen him around in a while.

Yes indeed, those are always terrible threads.  You know, I've been wanting to get this off my chest for awhile, and since we're in Off Topic, why not?  So here goes.  I've read these ridiculous complaints about gender in Frame and how people don't want to play as a girl and blah blah blah.  I will never in my life comprehend why some people have a hangup about playing as a different sex than they are in real life.  I'm a straight guy, and a huge gamer.  Every time I am ever given a choice of gender in a game, I choose female.  Why?  Because I'm a straight guy.  Sex appeal is a big selling point in games for me, and I want to be able to look at a character I'd be attracted to.  In this game, as soon as I started, I looked through the WF Wiki and picked which frames I thought were the sexiest, and those are the ones I made.  Luckily, they also happened to be really good.  Ember and Saryn.

Now, I'll be brutally honest here.  I'm a very loney guy.  You might say kind of pathetic.  I've never been on a date in my life.  For a variety of complex reasons (as well as some of the more usual ones), I've simply never meant anyone to go out with.  Ever seen the anime Welcome to the NHK?  That's kind of me right there.  Not that extreme, mind you.  In video games, I love to make the most attractive female avatar I can because it's fun to sort of create your ideal mate.  It's a nice fantasy, and a nice escape from real life.  I also like to play female characters because I'm a feminist.  I like to see women in the primary roles in games or movies.  Even though our society is relatively evolved, most fictional stories seem to have primarily male leads.  Or maybe it's just that the kinds of games and movies I'm drawn to are that way.  I took a look at my game and movie library, and, like, 80% of the characters are male.  I'm pro female empowerment, so I like to be progressive and bend the rules by playing female.  It's unexpected.  It shouldn't be, but it is.  People are always surprised that I choose female.  That's partly why I do it.  I want to open people's eyes and minds.  But the other half of it is just that I want a sexy avatar to look at while I play.  And I won't deny that there's also some psychological issues as well.  It's sort of a case of using the game to "become" the woman I'll never find in real life.

But my ultimate point is that whether you're like me, or you're gettin some every night, it's absolutely ludicrous to get all bent out of shape about playing the opposite sex in a game.  It makes no sense to me.  If you're a straight guy, why would you not want to play a female avatar?

I will never understand those people.

And they will never understand me.

But for now...

Silentium...

Yes indeed, those are always terrible threads.  You know, I've been wanting to get this off my chest for awhile, and since we're in Off Topic, why not?  So here goes.  I've read these ridiculous complaints about gender in Frame and how people don't want to play as a girl and blah blah blah.  I will never in my life comprehend why some people have a hangup about playing as a different sex than they are in real life.  I'm a straight guy, and a huge gamer.  Every time I am ever given a choice of gender in a game, I choose female.  Why?  Because I'm a straight guy.  Sex appeal is a big selling point in games for me, and I want to be able to look at a character I'd be attracted to.  In this game, as soon as I started, I looked through the WF Wiki and picked which frames I thought were the sexiest, and those are the ones I made.  Luckily, they also happened to be really good.  Ember and Saryn.

Now, I'll be brutally honest here.  I'm a very loney guy.  You might say kind of pathetic.  I've never been on a date in my life.  For a variety of complex reasons (as well as some of the more usual ones), I've simply never meant anyone to go out with.  Ever seen the anime Welcome to the NHK?  That's kind of me right there.  Not that extreme, mind you.  In video games, I love to make the most attractive female avatar I can because it's fun to sort of create your ideal mate.  It's a nice fantasy, and a nice escape from real life.  I also like to play female characters because I'm a feminist.  I like to see women in the primary roles in games or movies.  Even though our society is relatively evolved, most fictional stories seem to have primarily male leads.  Or maybe it's just that the kinds of games and movies I'm drawn to are that way.  I took a look at my game and movie library, and, like, 80% of the characters are male.  I'm pro female empowerment, so I like to be progressive and bend the rules by playing female.  It's unexpected.  It shouldn't be, but it is.  People are always surprised that I choose female.  That's partly why I do it.  I want to open people's eyes and minds.  But the other half of it is just that I want a sexy avatar to look at while I play.  And I won't deny that there's also some psychological issues as well.  It's sort of a case of using the game to "become" the woman I'll never find in real life.

But my ultimate point is that whether you're like me, or you're gettin some every night, it's absolutely ludicrous to get all bent out of shape about playing the opposite sex in a game.  It makes no sense to me.  If you're a straight guy, why would you not want to play a female avatar?

But for now...

Silentium...

k

That thread about selling potatoed gear to get platinum is one of the dumbest I've seen.

This one: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/99732-when-you-sell-something-that-is-level-30-with-a-potato-on-it-you-should-get-10-plat/

And this one is quite dumb too: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/99737-selling-framesweapons-with-catalystforma/

Also, this thread is most likely going to get locked, because it's purpose is just mean badmouthing

Since people are linking threads...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/99789-most-dumb-threads/#entry1135054

jk ;)

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

But for now...

Silentium...

I can see alot of myself in that. :o though i tend to stick to males. as i tend to create the guy i want to be. lol.  but lets be honest im sure everyone has made female chars once in a while.  and Not to you but who says men cant be feministic? Feministic means you fight for womens rights right? So in that case im a feminist aswell.