Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old content in need of a revisit

Talonflight

Let me be clear in the very first sentence of this post; this is NOT me saying "Look at everything DE hasn't done, <_insert complaint here_>." Warframe is a fun, engaging game that I enjoy a lot, and total respect to the Dev's. I've been playing it since back when I was too poor to afford a founder's pack, and I have no intention of leaving now.

I am compiling this list for my own reasons so that I can get a better sense of things.

Since I began playing this game way back in the founder days, I always thought it was odd that some things never got revisited that should have been. Sometimes I am salty about it, sometimes I'm indifferent to it, sometimes I enjoy a good laugh over it. 

But I'd like to compile a list of current content that needs to be revisited/reworked. I AM NOT DISCUSSING WEAPON BALANCE or upcoming things that have already been announced  like melee 3.0 or railjack. DO NOT POST WARFRAME REWORK.

- Nemesis System

- Morality System

- Operator Melee weapons/Secondary weapon

- Dark Sector (PvE Rework? Dev Unclear)

- Solar Rail/Alliance System (PvP Rework OR PvE Integration?)

- Conclave????

- Archwing Movement Rebalance

- Kubrow/Kavat AI and behavior update

- Sentinel Rework

- Enemy AI Improvements/More Mobile Enemies

- Infested visual update

- Damage Systems Rework/Integration

- Sanctuary Onslaught Spawn Rate

- Shield Gating??

Edited by Talonflight

Nemesis system is almost done, they just haven't focused on it. Edit: Focused on as in shown off progress. Last I heard they were planning out the rewards for it.

Dark sectors/ solar rails are a tricky subject. Originally Onslaught was meant to be the replacement but they instead decided it was better as a separate mode. I think they are still on the drawing board with that one.

Pet 2.0 is going to head our way in small updates.

What exactly about sentinels need a rework? I'd like more details.

Enemy AI just doesn't seem to be immediate priority, more mobile enemies are being made though. Those spiders in Fortuna are jumpers and movers.

Visual update for infested how? Phorid definitely needs a rework but not sure what else you mean.

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Nemesis system is almost done, they just haven't focused on it.

Dark sectors/ solar rails are a tricky subject. Originally Onslaught was meant to be the replacement but they instead decided it was better as a separate mode. I think they are still on the drawing board with that one.

Pet 2.0 is going to head our way in small updates.

What exactly about sentinels need a rework? I'd like more details.

Enemy AI just doesn't seem to be immediate priority, more mobile enemies are being made though. Those spiders in Fortuna are jumpers and movers.

Visual update for infested how? Phorid definitely needs a rework but not sure what else you mean.

Most of this list is just me spitballing to myself about things that haven't been touched in a while that we haven't gotten any information on in a long time. I'm not saying "DE Needs to do this!" as much as I'm saying "we haven't heard about these in a bit, I'm curious." 

I'd honestly like to see Dark Sector/Solar Rail combat return, I was a huge fan of it back in the day and yes, contrary to popular belief, PvP DID have a huge following in warframe back in those days (certain clans were TOO successful at dominating it with hundreds of players, which is why it was halted for 'rebalance' and never heard from again). But I'll be honest; I have no #*!%ing clue how DE can do it without running into the current Conclave issue. So I'll keep my mouth shut about it, for now, at least. You're entirely right, it is a tricky issue, and no matter what they do with it, someone will be pissed off.

The disparity between Sentinels and Pets is obvious and galling. I seem to recall one of the Dev's saying in a stream that they were thinking about having Sentinels hover and fly about like kubrows and kavats run around, so its not constantly on top of you, and also to bring them in line with Pet 2.0.

Enemy AI is absolutely necessary if the incessant cry of "Where is endgame?" will ever be answered. It is always more engaging to fight more-dangerous but less-numerous enemies; thats why bosses and minibosses are fun. Its not something that needs to be done right away, its just been a complaint of veterens for years. Something like the OG Stalker, but giving him bullet-jump AI and dodge awareness would be amazing as a rework of him and his acolytes, for starters, as well as the other Assassins. Unique assassins rather than Syndicate death squads could be interesting, as well, or even replacing the death squad Eximus units with, ya know, actual Operatives of the faction.

Back in the day it was teased that the Infested would eventually get a visual update for the chargers/runners, the jobbers of the faction. This is neither necessary or even important, its just something im curious about.

1 hour ago, Talonflight said:

Enemy AI is absolutely necessary if the incessant cry of "Where is endgame?" will ever be answered. It is always more engaging to fight more-dangerous but less-numerous enemies; thats why bosses and minibosses are fun. Its not something that needs to be done right away, its just been a complaint of veterens for years. Something like the OG Stalker, but giving him bullet-jump AI and dodge awareness would be amazing as a rework of him and his acolytes, for starters, as well as the other Assassins. Unique assassins rather than Syndicate death squads could be interesting, as well, or even replacing the death squad Eximus units with, ya know, actual Operatives of the faction.

Now see, for any different AI to actually MEAN anything for the masses of enemies, they'd have to first balance out player power level and energy economy. What use is more advance AI when we can make entire room dead/useless. But for the "special" enemies (Stalker, Zanuka, G3) making them a bit more challenging would be nice. Though I', not sure if stalker would be getting anything since he's about to become a playable mode with all our movement stuff

6 hours ago, Talonflight said:

OP post

- Infested visual update

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Finally I am not the only one who noticed.

Not many people care of how the infested look, but they seriously need a visual update. They look more like place holders than anything scary.

Did I mention the Lotus say: "These razor sharp quills will rip your warframe to shreds."

What? WHAT?!

NAZZMcd.png

What razor sharp quills? I see nothing sharp about this or even menacing.

This is what I see...

infestedchibi_zps504c1c6e.jpg~original

They could learn from BLIZZARD. Just look at the very first introduction to the zerg in Star Craft 2 they evolved to get a better visual look.