Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bolt Action Rifle?

LazerusKI

I have just noticed this...we have none.

All our current rifles are either Semi Auto (Snipetron, Vandal,  Vulkar) or Charge (Lanka, Paris, Dread)

but there is no Bolt Action...wouldnt it be an interesting kind of weapon?

A weapon where you have only one strong shot per clip, with short reload time after each?

Wouldn't it essentially be Latron with an animated downtime between shots to cycle the bolt, though?

Unless if you mean a single shot bolt action rifle... which IMHO there isn't much sense to add in outside of as a large-caliber sniper rifle.

(Bolt-action Lex (pistol), lol?)

And yeah, I'm starting to miss that vibe when you're cocking the bolt while there's a pink cloud, there where 'rineer's head was supposed to be...

However, I wouldn't want to add yet another gimmick-y weapon to here, atleast not in this state. Best I could think would be to refit current Corpus-forsaken Snip- (oh yeah, then people that was away/lazy starts to complain,) say, Grineer-issue Vulkar, to have a bolt-action mechanism? This would have few noticeable disadvantages, as well.

Although I would like to see "true iron sights" (as if you were looking through one) before true long-ranged sniping would reign. Oh, and did I mention we have no maps with such a huge scale to make it effective?

It's a long way ahead, before this could even be given thought. And, just expressing my opinion, as usual (unusual here, unfortunately)

Wouldn't it essentially be Latron with an animated downtime between shots to cycle the bolt, though?

Unless if you mean a single shot bolt action rifle... which IMHO there isn't much sense to add in outside of as a large-caliber sniper rifle.

While the idea of a ye-olde bolt action service rifle like the Lee-Enfield family or the Karabiner 98 isn't necessarily bad, the weapon, and the whole bolt-action concept simply wouldn't fit into Warframe's sci-fi nature... 

Which is sad, 'cause I want to blow my enemies away with schizo-tech weaponry like this bad boy:

Flintlock-Pistol-Tactical-Laser-Holograp

We have the Boltor... it has bolts and action.

giant picture

That's a Bolto.

Anyway I'd like a bolt action rifle as well. Somewhere between a Snipetron and Latron would be nice. Except make it shoot bolts or have something to allow multi-hit.

A single shot rifle and a bolt action are two different, but not necessarily mutually exclusive, things. I think the term you want is "breech loaded/loading". I think a weapon like a TC Contender would be cool though. 

Edited by Karma_Ghost

I made an old old thread involving making the Vulkar a single shot weapon (something akin to bolt actions in the warframe world.)

So yeah, I would like to see a single shot, or low fire rate sniper rifle in the game.

i would love for the Vulkar to just straight out be turned into a bolt-action. Increase clip size by 1-2, adjust reload speed and maybe add some innate AP.

i would love for the Vulkar to just straight out be turned into a bolt-action. Increase clip size by 1-2, adjust reload speed and maybe add some innate AP.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/75530-how-to-improve-the-vulkar/'>Here is my thread if you want to support it. That said, the topic was made ages ago, and new topics like the one we're speaking in right now deserve attention of their own.

That's a Bolto.

that sir, is not a Bolto, it's a Flintlock Musket.

(Boltor is always FAR from a bolt action rifle, it's an Assault Rifle)

anyways, if we can come up with a good unique feature a bolt action rifle could add to Warframe, i'm all for it. however, i have no real idea of what it would do that's unique. 

innate puncture wouldn't even be unique, there are other weapon(s) that should have that already. so a bolt action rifle is a challenge to find a unique feature for.

I have just noticed this...we have none.

All our current rifles are either Semi Auto (Snipetron, Vandal,  Vulkar) or Charge (Lanka, Paris, Dread)

but there is no Bolt Action...wouldnt it be an interesting kind of weapon?

A weapon where you have only one strong shot per clip, with short reload time after each?

english is not my native language so maybe im not getting this right, but isnt that boltor? and since when are paris dread and lanka rifles?

Oh you mean a sniper that shoots bolts? Thats not a bad idea

I would more say Armor Ignoring High Speed Bullet based weapon. (On short AIHSB weapon) This would be every battle warframe's favorite toy [To balance this weapon. Let it ignore armor ONLY when shot is 100% Head Shot] For my Loki and Vauban this weapon... Would be a gift from heaven and hell for an enemy.