The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New: A Haunting Encounter Contest

[DE]Megan

PGI2GkL.jpg

He’s always been there watching, waiting for the right moment. He’s the brander of Death and the darkness from which you run from. The Stalker has never been an easy foe, and he’s about to strike again. You’ve got him cornered with your Twin Vipers ready to fire, and just as he’s about to flee he utters a last taunt. Are they words of forgiveness? Or do they numb your body with their sinister demeanor?

Submit a screenshot of your Warframe challenging the Stalker and record your own interpretation of what his last taunt would be.

Need an example?

k42LnPq.jpg -Image provided by Savengunner.

Last Taunt: https://soundcloud.com/coolnamehere-1/stalker

(If you can't hear this link please try using Google Chrome. Firefox has some issues with Soundcloud, sorry!)

How to enter:

Take a screenshot of your Warframe battling the Stalker.

Record your voice impersonation of his last taunt.

Submit both the Screenshot and the voice clip here for judging!

Tips:

Upload your voice clip to a site like Soundcloud, or Youtube and post the link with your submission.

Upload your Screenshot to imgur.com, copy the BBCode, and paste it right into your submission post.

Rules:

Submissions must include both Screenshot and Voice clip

Voice clip must not exceed 20 seconds

Screenshot must include the Stalker

One submission per user

You may edit/add sound effects to your voice clip

No joint submissions. (Other players in your Screenshot/voice clip will not be eligible)

Voice clips can be in your native language

Do not reserve posts in this thread

Prizes:

Top 3 winners will be selected based on creativity.

2nd and 3rd place will receive 1000 Platinum.

1st place will receive 1000 Platinum and have their submission played on the next episode of Warframe Prime time!

The contest starts today, Friday February 28 at 12PM EST and closes Thursday March 6 at 12PM EST.

PC AND PS4 PLAYERS CAN BOTH PARTICIPATE!

Channel your inner rogue, Tenno. Good luck!

Edited by [DE]Megan
Google chrome suggestion

Now I know what I'll be spending my weekend on.

Question: Planning on reading a line at the exact same time with a few friends and editing it to create a "hivemind" effect. If I use their voice for the clip but they also submit their own submission containing only their own voice, is this valid?

Edited by Nitresco

Now I know what I'll be spending my weekend on.

Question: Planning on reading a line at the exact same time with a few friends and editing it to create a "hivemind" effect. If I use their voice for the clip but they also submit their own submission containing only their own voice, is this valid?

Yes you can have friends help make your voice clip, but if you have multiple people in your voice clip they will not win if your submission is chosen.

As long as your friend who is helping you has a different voice clip for their submission then it's not a problem.

Good luck!

can you use vocaroo? and this would have been useful to know yesterday when the sucker decided to appear mid-defense mission!

i'm leaving for four days to an internetless place however, so i guess i' out

Yes you can use Vocaroo.

Can I use a video from a video on YouTube to express the taunt?

The voice clip must be your own voice interpretation. Using a random Youtube video will not be excepted, sorry!

I don't have a particularly easy way to record my voice... and being female, reading stalker dialogue in my own voice isn't going to sound right.

Instead of a recording, can we simply use a line of text to express our Stalker's last words? Or do I need to learn how to record, edit, and upload my own voice for this contest?

I don't have a particularly easy way to record my voice... and being female, reading stalker dialogue in my own voice isn't going to sound right.

Instead of a recording, can we simply use a line of text to express our Stalker's last words? Or do I need to learn how to record, edit, and upload my own voice for this contest?

Audacity is a free sound program that you can easily mess with the filters to get echo and other stuff.

Plus no one said that the Stalker was just a dude.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

It must be a recording of your voice, sorry!

So the voice impression is of what HE says, not our own take on what he MIGHT say?

It's your take on what he MIGHT say. 

Does the voice have to be yours?

Like can I edit multiple clips from thing Morgan Freemans saying, and put it? (Because Morgan Freeman has the sexyest voice alive)

Yes the voice must be yours, no Morgan Freeman Stalker! 

Yeah actually that's a very good question! Can i record my stalker interpretation saying something like "Remember to preheat the oven to 350 degrees before baking your cookies" or something? or do i have to copy what he says?

Your Stalker interpretation can be anything you choose. If he warns you about burning cookies then that's your interpretation!