Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Please Just Have Fun Events Again?

Brynslustafir

What happened to the days when the events introduced a new and interesting game mode or mechanic and didn't rely on cheap, annoying enemies to add padding and unnecessary difficulty?

What happened to events like the first introduction of the Survival game mode? It was short, sweet, and fun with just the right amount of challenge. 

What happened to events like Cryotic front that gave us a good amount of content to play with by expanding on some of the ideas used by previous events, giving us a new game mode to play around with without having to worry about cheap enemies and half-baked programming?

Lately almost every event has felt the same to me. Too drawn out, too repetitive, cheap in terms of difficulty, barely half-baked, and Boring.

I'm sorry to say that False Profit is no Exception. The Bursa Moas are an incredible pain to deal with, with the massively irritating abilities, broken hit detection, pointless wait times, and just plain bad AI pathing. 

If you only had to run the Mission a maximum of 3 times, if the transfer stage was totally removed and just happened instantaneosly, if they didn't have outrageous abilities like repeated knockdown waves, nullifier grenades, and almost guaranteed 1-hit kill missiles, maybe this event could have been fun. Maybe. 

I voted for the Riot Moa concept because I thought DE would turn it into an interesting enemy to fight that would encourage teamwork in a positive way, but sadly that does not appear to be the case. 

So please, DE, stop relying on pointless repetition and cheap difficulty to pad out events. It's totally OK to have the events be short. As long as they are fun, people will like them and actually WANT TO PLAY THEM

TL/DR: Short events are fine as long as they are fun and the enemies aren't cheap. 

Am I the only one that likes the new moas? lol, granted, they could use a bit of toning down here and there (which has already started), but still, the idea behind them are what I find a nice break in pace :3

They could use more than a bit of toning down. They're broken in a number of ways. 

Just because it's different doesn't mean it's good. 

They started as an interesting concept but wound up being a horrible mess. Maybe you can ignore their faults, but I cannot. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Am I the only one that likes the new moas? lol, granted, they could use a bit of toning down here and there (which has already started), but still, the idea behind them are what I find a nice break in pace :3

I'd be fine with seeing them spawn in normal high level missions where I can just kill them as soon as i see them and move on. It's within the context of the event that they were a problem.

Well, they aren't riot moas. They are rioting moas. There's a difference imo.

Well, they aren't riot moas. They are rioting moas. There's a difference imo.

These moas were a riot for sure. XD

Well about the events... Here's how. See it...

Each event introducing a new game mode has been fun. Each event introducing a new enemy alone has not been so much fun.

Warframe introduces new stuff via events.

What happened to events like Cryotic front that gave us a good amount of content to play with by expanding on some of the ideas used by previous events, giving us a new game mode to play around with without having to worry about cheap enemies and half-baked programming?

I assume you didn't go further than 3k score on that event? Past 10k, you had to pray to god every single time you went at an extractor because you had that risk of it never falling down, thus glitching the whole game and making you lose hours of work.

Players complained about it, a lot of them did, the issue was never fixed during the event.

Also, "without having to worry about cheap enemies" ? Because what do you call a level 100 Railgun Moa blessing you and the excavator with a one shot through Frost's Snow Globe? Because that's cheap, that's bullsh*t, that's anything but fair to me.

Now, I won't disagree, last Events were pretty awful for many different reasons. But it isn't a reason to idealize old events, they had their bugs as well:

- Breeding Grounds had the Mutalist Ospreys randomly attacking you during invisibility without you having done anything to them, resulting in a one shot.

- Gate Crash, at first, nerfed the damage of your weapons, and your frame in general as you kept going, which was fine since there was a cap, but at some point, DE just decided to remove that cap. That resulted in you dealing 0 damage to enemies, even with your strongest weapons.

- Cicero Crisis was a joke of an event, there wasn't anything hard about it...

You get my point..

Issues i faced seem to be different to others. I started running the event yesterday.

-wasteful spawn rates RNG for solo players

-Event instructions had errors and misinformation added to the complication from the scoring.

-lowest level 15 (needing europa unlocked) - really events like this should be open to much lower levels If i go to a level 15 mission i should be seeing level 15 enemies. ugh -.-

-having to equip the item to 'gear' to get the event enemy to spawn

-players had no control over how many points /difficulty they got. Difficulty did not equal the rewards gained.

-Extremely grindy with especially with the failure rates caused by the RNG/bugs

-In the patch notes i was supposed to be getting more points for facing higher levels. But i was'nt i waas still getting 8x-9x points each round. (I used over 11 keys for 7xx points =.=)

Im just disappointed the event has turned me off the whole game ~.~ which is not the effect a event should be having on players. DE are getting carried away with building the game and events for the highest tier of players. Who have all the best mods and every frame/weapon all maxed out.

I assume you didn't go further than 3k score on that event? Past 10k, you had to pray to god every single time you went at an extractor because you had that risk of it never falling down, thus glitching the whole game and making you lose hours of work.

Players complained about it, a lot of them did, the issue was never fixed during the event.

Also, "without having to worry about cheap enemies" ? Because what do you call a level 100 Railgun Moa blessing you and the excavator with a one shot through Frost's Snow Globe? Because that's cheap, that's bullsh*t, that's anything but fair to me.

Now, I won't disagree, last Events were pretty awful for many different reasons. But it isn't a reason to idealize old events, they had their bugs as well:

- Breeding Grounds had the Mutalist Ospreys randomly attacking you during invisibility without you having done anything to them, resulting in a one shot.

- Gate Crash, at first, nerfed the damage of your weapons, and your frame in general as you kept going, which was fine since there was a cap, but at some point, DE just decided to remove that cap. That resulted in you dealing 0 damage to enemies, even with your strongest weapons.

- Cicero Crisis was a joke of an event, there wasn't anything hard about it...

You get my point..

I went all the way, But I never hit the bugs. It was a lot of fun for me. 

See, that's an issue with Warframe itself.. Enemies continue to scale and get stronger BY LEVEL, while our vitals are all based on a mod, however we still have "ranks" which are supposed to translate to power but the power comes from the mods which require a totally different "XP" and also monetary commitment (for most of the "core" set at least)..

Screw Redirection, screw vitality, and screw steel fiber.. Those should ALL scale with our "rank" and our "rank" shouldn't be capped at 30.. The only things that should use mods are weapons and sentinels.. Our powers should be powered through a continuous scale like D3 Paragon levels with options for diversity..

Enemies scaling to 100 is BS when we have no chance to. Now if frames could be level 100 and our health, shields and armor all scale automatically to the specifications of the warframe then they wouldn't be a problem and that specific content could be labeled "for Lvl 100+ frames"..

I dunno.. I just don't see where this is going truthfully...

Because what do you call a level 100 Railgun Moa blessing you and the excavator with a one shot through Frost's Snow Globe? Because that's cheap, that's bullsh*t, that's anything but fair to me.

Last time I looked, if I walk into a game and try to take on an enemy who is OVER THREE TIMES my maximum level, they usually kill me pretty damn fast.

Either "level" means something, or you are playing Pac-Man. Would you have felt better if they had been level 200? 500? At what stage would you actually go "well, that's a high level, one-shot kills make sense" because if you don't start thinking that when the enemies are OVER THREE TIMES your maximum level, then you have zero common sense.

Last time I looked, if I walk into a game and try to take on an enemy who is OVER THREE TIMES my maximum level, they usually kill me pretty damn fast.

Either "level" means something, or you are playing Pac-Man. Would you have felt better if they had been level 200? 500? At what stage would you actually go "well, that's a high level, one-shot kills make sense" because if you don't start thinking that when the enemies are OVER THREE TIMES your maximum level, then you have zero common sense.

Check the quote below, this is what I was replying to :

What happened to the days when the events introduced a new and interesting game mode or mechanic and didn't rely on cheap, annoying enemies to add padding and unnecessary difficulty?

OP complained about cheap annoying enemies (aka the Bursa Moas), claiming that old events didn't rely on things like that.

But that isn't true, and I was giving the Railgun Moas as an example, they were a god damn plague during the Cryotic Front event. The simple fact they could bypass Frost's Snow Globe and simply insta kill you and the Excavator like that is just plain bullsh*t to me.

But you know what's even worse? The fact that if you stun them after they start charging their shot, and don't kill them before they finish charging it (2 seconds), they'll shoot it anyway. You can blind them, stun them, sh*t on them, they'll still freaking shoot you.

Now if that isn't cheap enough, I don't know what is.