Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is De Ignoring Literally Everything About Volt?

WondahBoah

is DE ignoring literally everything about Volt?

"BUT they usually state that they are going to address something. Don't you think of what you'll get next when at a buffet? Similar principle. At every turn they've either given horridly vague answers to questions, or completely ignored questions about his fix, his place in the game, and, at this point, whether or not he'll be accessible anymore (See Necro). The only other frames to receive a fragment of the attention from the player base that Volt gets now are Rhino and Mag, both of which have received numerous fixes and tweaks, all within a rather short time frame. There's something they aren't telling us." ~later in the thread

"They've addressed these things though! That's my point. They refuse to acknowledge that Volt exists! I know it's a small team, I know there's more important things. But in the past, and recently they've made a (rather nice) habit of responding to massive outbursts from the players, at least saying that they hear us, and will put it on the list." ~later still

I'm bringing up my quotes because they counter arguments that will most likely be made at first glance.

Edited by WondahBoah

You should use more words, young man. Make'em listen to you and avoid the "trolls".

I would, but that question is all I want to know at this point. Just why. Then I can be at peace.

To many things need work, not enough devs. Order is arbitrary at times. You work whats on the plate then go get more.

BUT they usually state that they are going to address something. Don't you think of what you'll get next when at a buffet? Similar principle. At every turn they've either given horridly vague answers to questions, or completely ignored questions about his fix, his place in the game, and, at this point, whether or not he'll be accessible anymore (See Necro). The only other frames to receive a fragment of the attention from the player base that Volt gets now are Rhino and Mag, both of which have received numerous fixes and tweaks, all within a rather short time frame. There's something they aren't telling us.

I would, but that question is all I want to know at this point. Just why. Then I can be at peace.

BUT they usually state that they are going to address something. Don't you think of what you'll get next when at a buffet? Similar principle. At every turn they've either given horridly vague answers to questions, or completely ignored questions about his fix, his place in the game, and, at this point, whether or not he'll be accessible anymore (See Necro). The only other frames to receive a fragment of the attention from the player base that Volt gets now are Rhino and Mag, both of which have received numerous fixes and tweaks, all within a rather short time frame. There's something they aren't telling us.

Its like trading. they want to do it, everyone wants them to do it. they talk about it for months. They have yet made a viable plan. Or grapple ropes, here is a really neat idea with play testing video. Now its on the back burner. They made a small game into a really big thing in a short matter of time and are rushing to get an unlimited number of things reworked and changed. Some things slip off the plate. U10 is around the bend and I doubt they will stray from what they are currently working on. Expect more frame changes after U10.

The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few.

Edited by Firetempest

I think you're right. I may just suspect its

Its masons, 9/11 conspiracy, and probably caused by marry, the one eyed prostitute who fought colossal squid with us on high seas and saved us from certain death.

God bless her one eyed soul.

Its like trading. they want to do it, everyone wants them to do it. they talk about it for months. They have yet made a viable plan. Or grapple ropes, here is a really neat idea with play testing video. Now its on the back burner. They made a small game into a really big thing in a short matter of time and are rushing to get an unlimited number of things reworked and changed. Some things slip off the plate. U10 is around the bend and I doubt they will stray from what they are currently working on. Expect more frame changes after U10.

They've addressed these things though! That's my point. They refuse to acknowledge that Volt exists! I know it's a small team, I know there's more important things. But in the past, and recently they've made a (rather nice) habit of responding to massive outbursts from the players, at least saying that they hear us, and will put it on the list.

They've addressed these things though! That's my point. They refuse to acknowledge that Volt exists! I know it's a small team, I know there's more important things. But in the past, and recently they've made a (rather nice) habit of responding to massive outbursts from the players, at least saying that they hear us, and will put it on the list.

Well maybe message Rebecca. She forgot to mention in the latest live stream the new player experience was definitely being looked over in another topic. I'm sure they have trouble keeping track of the mess of topics after events or livestreams. Maybe volt is being worked on but nothing finalized for the stream...

Edited by Firetempest

They ignore it because they have no idea on how to balance their game.

*playerbase asking to nerf nova* -------------[ result ]---------------- *DE nerfs trinity, ember and vauban.*

Keep asking for a fix for volt and all you'll get is him getting nerfed and renamed lightbulb.

Edited by Eisen

*playerbase asking to nerf nova* -------------[ result ]---------------- *DE nerfs trinity, ember and vauban.*

Keep asking for a fix for volt and all you'll get is him getting nerfed and renamed lightbulb.

3qjq0r.jpg

I wanna love volt... i just can't.. i only use him if i'm farming with people. If i am alone i just use loki, the boss will die before invis runs out lol. sucks with the inc trinity nerf i might not be able to kill ruk via link and shooting myself when he puts bullet attractor on me

Just as long as we know about it

• 3 weeks later...

First off, I want to apologize for resurrecting this thread, because I really am sorry. But the way I see it, when the devs made Volt, they likely added him before making up their minds about how they really felt about his concept. They were probably extremely disappointed with their work once they saw it in action, so they tried some nerfs. They still weren't happy with him. So they tried a number of different fixes for him, and still, they weren't satisfied. They couldn't make him work, no matter what they did, and by the time they were done fussing about with him, it was too late to take him out of the game, so they just gave up on him--nerfed him to the point where he's so utterly useless that no one actually wants to play him, effectively removing their embarrassing early work from the game without actually having to decommission him as a Warframe. From there, all they had to do was completely ignore his existence, stop all support for him, and bam. No more Volt, no more problem.

Volt would've been one of my favorite frames, had he been made useful, but even I've given up on him. I've given up hope on ever seeing him balanced. Because I think if they did have anything planned for him, even if it was way, way out there "on the backburner," they would tell us about it, or at least mention that they're going to address some problems. But they've said a whole lot of nothing.

Please understand--this is just a theory of mine, based on my observations of how the devs are handling--or rather not handling--the situation with Volt. I in no way mean to insult them, and I wouldn't blame them at all if I found out my theory was true; sometimes stuff like this just has to be done. I just wish they'd be a little more open about it, and just come clean and say, "We don't care about Volt. If you don't like how he is now, stop playing him. He's not going to change."

is DE ignoring literally everything about Volt?

"BUT they usually state that they are going to address something. Don't you think of what you'll get next when at a buffet? Similar principle. At every turn they've either given horridly vague answers to questions, or completely ignored questions about his fix, his place in the game, and, at this point, whether or not he'll be accessible anymore (See Necro). The only other frames to receive a fragment of the attention from the player base that Volt gets now are Rhino and Mag, both of which have received numerous fixes and tweaks, all within a rather short time frame. There's something they aren't telling us." ~later in the thread

"They've addressed these things though! That's my point. They refuse to acknowledge that Volt exists! I know it's a small team, I know there's more important things. But in the past, and recently they've made a (rather nice) habit of responding to massive outbursts from the players, at least saying that they hear us, and will put it on the list." ~later still

I'm bringing up my quotes because they counter arguments that will most likely be made at first glance.

Let's suppose you have a fractured tibia with exposed bone, a concussion, a pierced liver (which hurts a lot by the way), a person scratching their month old fingernails on a chalkboard, seven teeth choking you, a scratch in your back and a slightly broken finger. Which problem would you want to fix first?

(And saying the finger because you would want to scratch your back doesn't count. The itch is in the blind-spot of your back. The area you can't possibly reach)

Why

Do people still make annoying non-descriptive titles or even worse, 1-word titles?

forgive me, this was a while back. there's an arrow next to the title in the forum list for previewing threads, use that before coming to get mad

Edited by WondahBoah

Let's suppose you have a fractured tibia with exposed bone, a concussion, a pierced liver (which hurts a lot by the way), a person scratching their month old fingernails on a chalkboard, seven teeth choking you, a scratch in your back and a slightly broken finger. Which problem would you want to fix first?

(And saying the finger because you would want to scratch your back doesn't count. The itch is in the blind-spot of your back. The area you can't possibly reach)

sadly this is a really good point

First off, I want to apologize for resurrecting this thread, because I really am sorry. But the way I see it, when the devs made Volt, they likely added him before making up their minds about how they really felt about his concept. They were probably extremely disappointed with their work once they saw it in action, so they tried some nerfs. They still weren't happy with him. So they tried a number of different fixes for him, and still, they weren't satisfied. They couldn't make him work, no matter what they did, and by the time they were done fussing about with him, it was too late to take him out of the game, so they just gave up on him--nerfed him to the point where he's so utterly useless that no one actually wants to play him, effectively removing their embarrassing early work from the game without actually having to decommission him as a Warframe. From there, all they had to do was completely ignore his existence, stop all support for him, and bam. No more Volt, no more problem.

Volt would've been one of my favorite frames, had he been made useful, but even I've given up on him. I've given up hope on ever seeing him balanced. Because I think if they did have anything planned for him, even if it was way, way out there "on the backburner," they would tell us about it, or at least mention that they're going to address some problems. But they've said a whole lot of nothing.

Please understand--this is just a theory of mine, based on my observations of how the devs are handling--or rather not handling--the situation with Volt. I in no way mean to insult them, and I wouldn't blame them at all if I found out my theory was true; sometimes stuff like this just has to be done. I just wish they'd be a little more open about it, and just come clean and say, "We don't care about Volt. If you don't like how he is now, stop playing him. He's not going to change."

This guy has it so right. I'm right there with you sir, have a +1.

When I picked Excalibur, I immediately regretted not picking Volt. Then I spent some plat to buy him, and I put everything I had into enjoying playing as him.

But he's just not... quite... all there. Electric damage just isn't a very useful damage type. Ever. Even against corpus, it's just too situational. I love Speed, but the most I ever use it for is trolling my clanmates. Their graphics settings, combined with the unexpected change in movement speed throws them for a loop. It's funny, and lets me be a jerk and get across half the map without them, but I'm too squishy to hold out in high-level missions on my own. His focus on shields makes him weak to electricity and lasers, which is kind of ironic. The electric shield would be useful, if it weren't for the fact that it's small and stationary. Hardly any help in a game about mobility, with highly mobile enemies. That only leaves the damage-dealers, which got nerfed and buffed so many times I've lost track of whether they're even worth using.

I still run Volt on occasion, but only when I'm messing around or I know I want to speedrun. Maybe someday he'll really come into his own. As is, I wouldn't recommend him right away.