Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's Pull Poll Pool (Its A Poll For Mag's Pull)

ninosan

Since the forum does not allow You to post a poll, i'll start a new poll idea with this. Please bear with me and my spamming of the first view messages for the polling mechanism.

This poll is about Mag's first ability. PULL.

There will be 3 main category.
1. Damage
2. Pull Location.
3. Ragdoll.

I am aware the existence of the Mag feedback post, but it is hard to see the number that way unless you read all of them.

How to put your vote:
below, will be 6 post replies:
Damage
1. Current Pull damage is acceptable
2. Current Pull damage is too OP

Pull Location
3. Pull should throw all enemies randomly (just like our current pull)
4. Pull should pull all enemies to Mag's feet (just like the old pull)

Ragdoll
5. Ragdoll works completely fine and completely in synergy with pull
6. Ragdoll is not necessary

FOR EACH REPLIES, you can click on the GREEN UP ARROW on the bottom right of the replies to vote.
uf2g.png

Please be careful with your choice , since it cannot be undone.
comments are also welcome

May the community decide what will best for Mag !

Edit:

On the separate news, I have an idea for pulling mechanics:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/114260-idea-for-mag-pull/

in this post, i do put a damage suggestion, but please, FOCUS ON THE MECHANICS ONLY.

Edited by ninosan

in my opinion everytime you max out a skill you should be able to add an extra modification to the skill, for example mags pull, so you could for example pull everything to your spot if you use that as an option, or ragdoll everything. or simply more dmg etc something that makes maxing out a skill more interesting

uf2g.png

NO, Mag Pull is just fine the way it is. It doesn't need a nerf. Focus on buffing useless Frames like Loki instead. Mag pull doesn't harm anything the game has to offer because everyone can put on a Ulti pretty quickly due to Orikin Reactor and Polarity slot.

NO, Mag Pull is just fine the way it is. It doesn't need a nerf. Focus on buffing useless Frames like Loki instead. Mag pull doesn't harm anything the game has to offer because everyone can put on a Ulti pretty quickly due to Orikin Reactor and Polarity slot.

If you read the Mag ability feedback forum we actually point out as to how the current Pull is harmful to the current game.  The catch is that this knowledge has yet to filter out to the rest of the population as they still think that Nova is op.  Right now there is no reason to run any frame other than Mag.

ragdoll works counter productive giving enemies a short immunity to dmg...

the dmg is fine if ragdoll stays else not.

mobs at mag's feet HELL @(*()$ YES DO IT NOW! <- then mag will be my main again

The damage of Mag's pull is only fine if you look at it in a vacuum.  Once you start looking at team comps and how many enemies it can hit then you will notice as to how quickly things get out of hand.  One naked pull deals 300 armor ignoring damage for 25 energy.  This is about 1/4 of an Ulti.  So you could cast it 4 times for the same damage of an Ult.  This in a vacuum is fine as you will need to still gather four Energy Orbs to recover from it.  But what if you introduce multiple Mags to the group?  Remember Energy Orbs can be picked up by everyone.  If you have two Mags they can cast Pull twice each for the damage of one Ulti and only need two energy orbs to drop to recover from using it.  Not guaranteed but not uncommon.  Now, what if you have four Mags?  Each Mag can use Pull once for the damage of an Ulti and only one Energy Orb needs to drop to recover from it.  So, as a group you only need one Energy Orb to drop per pull round to do an "Ulti" again.  This is naked I remind you.  With Streamline the energy cost of Pull goes down to 17.5.  So if an Energy Orb drops after you do a Pull Ulti the group actually gains energy for doing the damage of an Ulti (17.5 cost vs the 25 regain from the orb).  This does not even account for the passive regain you can have with a group full of Energy Syphon.  Even if you run out of energy your downtime will not be long, and with the ragdoll effects your downtime is relatively safe.  With that kind of energy efficiency and the area Pull covers its damage is too high.  This does not even take into account the weird effect Ragdoll is reportedly having with aoe weapons allowing them to hit an enemy multiple times with one blast, effectively one shoting lv 100 enemies.  This is why the current Pull is bad and needs to be greatly toned down or be reverted back.  Until then there is literally no reason to run any frame other than Mag at the moment for group efficiency.

Pull should pull all enemies to Mag's feet (just like the old pull)

I have pointed out in the Mag feedback thread that right now the current Pull is the best aoe in the game and have cleared Cyath with just pull, no weapons or other powers.

Edited by Wynn

If you read the Mag ability feedback forum we actually point out as to how the current Pull is harmful to the current game.  The catch is that this knowledge has yet to filter out to the rest of the population as they still think that Nova is op.  Right now there is no reason to run any frame other than Mag.

If you pull everything towards you, you have the opportunity to kill them all so either way you get the same result, but with less effort and more energy with current rather than just 15 energy to kill everything or 30 if your guns are decent.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

If you pull everything towards you, you have the opportunity to kill them all so either way you get the same result, but with less effort and more energy with current rather than just 15 energy to kill everything or 30 if your guns are decent.

Key phrase there, more effort.  There was also the added risk with the Pullv2 with toxics, rollers staggering you and enemies with a knockdown.  If you did not kill the enemies fast enough you could of found yourself in a pickle.  You also needed the correct loadout between teammates and yourself to make full use of the pile-o-enemies.  Pullv3 has none of those drawbacks, it is just spam Pull to win.  This is where the key difference is.

Key phrase there, more effort.  There was also the added risk with the Pullv2 with toxics, rollers staggering you and enemies with a knockdown.  If you did not kill the enemies fast enough you could of found yourself in a pickle.  You also needed the correct loadout between teammates and yourself to make full use of the pile-o-enemies.  Pullv3 has none of those drawbacks, it is just spam Pull to win.  This is where the key difference is.

You just pull them again...

Enemies have about a second or so of immunity to the knockdown before being able to be knocked down again with Pull.  This was usually enough time for a knock down aoe from Heavies.  This is important because if you could not kill Grineer heavies or Shockwave Moa's in time they would get a aoe knockdown before the knockdown immunity faded from them.  While you can Pull them again, they will just slide on the ground on their feet and not interrupt their knockdown animation and effect.

Yes, this is what I love about the old pull. Skill with risk. Use it wisely.

Just like any other skill with long cast animation. 

On the other hand, because alot of people are concerned about the pulling hazards, i developed separate ideas:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/114260-idea-for-mag-pull/

I hope to see Master Kesella to comment on that ^_^

I just love Mag !

Kesella and I have been trying are damnest to get the old pull back. I was very dishearten with the last stream how the dev's talk about liking this magical pull that is not what's in game. They said they love using the "pull" to pull enemies over railing which it isn't even doing right now.

Edited by Wynn

Enemies have about a second or so of immunity to the knockdown before being able to be knocked down again with Pull.  This was usually enough time for a knock down aoe from Heavies.  This is important because if you could not kill Grineer heavies or Shockwave Moa's in time they would get a aoe knockdown before the knockdown immunity faded from them.  While you can Pull them again, they will just slide on the ground on their feet and not interrupt their knockdown animation and effect.

And this what was stupid about the last Pull, pulling targets w/o knocking them down rather than not pulling them at all. And ancients don't get pulled anymore so pull is safer in that aspect.

If the old Pull returns, ragdolling must stay to prevent this or a 1 second immunity to pull. Need to give people a reason to like pull not hate it.