Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Interface Bug

Elkyn

I tried to read through carefully--appologies if I missed something.  This is what I understand from what I've read as well as issues I ran into myself before mod stacking  (Thank you for that DE!)

If you own two of a type/rank of mod and are having trouble them to your sentinel and frame weapon simultaneously, then first make sure you're not using two different mods in your (frame's) weapon builds.  For instance: let's say I have two Serration mods at rank 8--let's call them Serration(a) and Serration(b).  If you have Serration(a) equipped to your PrimaryPresetA and Serration(b) equipped for your PrimaryPresetB, then you may run into trouble when trying to equip either Serration mod to your sentinel.  Make sure all frame weapon presets are using the same SerrationRank8 mod (all Serration(a) or all Serration(b) so that the other is available to your sentinel.

-- I think this is what BachThao was trying to demonstrate in the video.

Haven't taken the time yet to test for this bug, but I haven't had any trouble yet equipping maxed elemental mods to my Strun Wraith and Sweeper at the same time.  (To resolve this before mod stacking,  I unequipped EVERYTHING from ALL weapons, then installed one Serration to one Primary, then immediately installed the other serration to my sentinel weapon to guarantee Serration(a) was one my frame weapon presets and Serration(b) was on my sentinel weapons.  I haven't had any problems since.)

Hopefully this helps some of you experiencing this frustration.

It's a lot worst than this : i already have serration (a) on my primary weapon and serration (b) on my sentinel, now i can't use serration on an other weapon because it always use the serration (b) and auto resolve don't resole anything using a serration © not maxed (and i won't max an other serration).

DE should consider adding a mechanism to allow us to handle following situation:

-If I have one maxed serration (or any other mod on any higher rank than default), I should be able to put it in any lower rank to match my mod capacity well. We need something allowing us to select exactly which level of mod we need in exact item, as we cannot defuse mods to lower their rank. It would be very useful I think.

Edited by Dataz

and sadly i have to looking for split chamber again for my deth cube : \

so i need 2 split chamber.

one for my riffle

one for my deth cube riffle.

Second Split Chamber? Not a big deal. I have 4.

Second Hell's Chamber? BIG deal! I have only ever found one.

And I need a second Blaze.

But back to the issue at hand. While I have not personally experienced it, I believe the OP that it is there, as I knew something weird would come of the new feature of not balking as soon as you tried to use the same mod. In fact, after the update, I was under the mistaken belief that they had, in fact, fixed it, since I was able to have Hell's Chamber on both my Strun Wraith and Carrier's Sweeper. BUT... I did not keep that loadout and try to go back to the menu, so I did not get the "auto resolve" prompt. It was not until Thursday that I saw that prompt for the first time. Was majorly bummed out since I thought they had reverted the system.

As others have mentioned, the easiest, and correct fix (even for the old system) is to have a second "Equipped" icon in the UI, one that tells you that the mod is equipped on a Sentinel. That way you don't select it. And the system needs to consider an Equipped Mod to not be equivalent to a Non-Equipped Mod of the same rank.

Here's hoping a real fix gets instituted for this. I have faith, DE... don't let me down!  ;-)

I've got a partial workaround!

Equip the mod you want to load (the one that may also be in your sentinel), close the Upgrade screen. It will popup the "WRONG CONFIGURATION YOU WANT TO AUTORESOLVE F*** up even more?"

Then click NO, go again in the Upgrade screen, now since the sentinel mod is already loaded in the gun, in the mod choosing screen you see the second highest mod (possibly the one you want for your weapon, if you don't want the second higher, sorry man not possible, this is just a partial workaround).

Swap them and confirm.

That said, THIS IS A WORKAROUND. Don't you dare leave it this way.

It's actually easy to fix this, "stack" ONLY the rank 0 mods (It's not like I'm going to have a hundred copies of the same mod at various ranks), and hide the mods already in use by the Sentinel.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

ppl now days why you go to school if you cant even read ???

he said if you have 2 or more. so if you have 2 MODs 2-2-2-2-2<---- see number 2 or Two ????? so 2 Mods not 1 but 2 that are same type like Serration mod ( dmg rifle mod) and are max out ( fuison to max rank) stack on each other so you cant use 1 for rifle and other 1 for sentinel weapon.

They go to school so they could learn to read, obviously.

...while shade gun can use same mode as my hikou does....

I wasn't aware that there were any sentinel weapons that used pistol mods... that might be a mistake, but thank you for pointing it out. I have added a check to prevent you from using the same mod on your secondary weapon and your sentinel's weapon.

..."stack" ONLY the rank 0 mods (It's not like I'm going to have a hundred copies of the same mod at various ranks)...

I agree with this 100%, and have made the necessary changes.

U can equip both weapons at same time with the 2 different mods, but it is annoying cause u have to change and reapply mods up to 3 times for each mod u want to be in both weapons... Anyways i already presented the solution in my post either for us users while we wait for a fix and devs:

Stackable Mods And Modding Weapon + Sentinel Weapon Bug

Edited by Darksouls40k

It's actually easy to fix this, "stack" ONLY the rank 0 mods (It's not like I'm going to have a hundred copies of the same mod at various ranks), and hide the mods already in use by the Sentinel.

I agree with this 100%, and have made the necessary changes.

I have a much better and practical solution. Instead of going back to the clumsiness we had b4 stacking, of applying one of the 2 maxed mods just to annoyingly switch it again cause we don't know if it was the same we had on sentinel or not all u devs need to do is to hide the mods u are using on ur sentinel weapons when moding ur weapons and vice versa... a very easy and straightforward thing to program...

Edited by Darksouls40k

Milles excuses pour mon français mal.

Il y a du logique pour resoudre cette exacte situation. Je viens d'y essayer et il n'y avait pas de problème. Dans le video par BachThao, on voit la logique donc je parle. En français, c'est écrit "Impossible d'appliquer ce changement: |ARME1| et |ARME2| utilisent le même |MOD|. Résolution auto?". Si vous répondez "OUI" et vous avez un autre MOD de même type et de niveau égale ou moins, ce MOD est équippé sur l'arme du Sentinelle. Est-ce different pour vous?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English words now

There's some code to handle the exact situation described. Just to check that it wasn't broken, I tested it out on the build you guys are playing and it seemed to work fine. You can even see it briefly in BachThao's video; you'll get a prompt asking if you want to auto-resolve. If you answer yes to auto resolve, and you've got another mod of the same type of equal or lesser fusion level, then it will equip that other mod to your Sentinel's weapon.

So yes, initially you are stuck equipping the same mod to both, but either by re-entering the screen or by just using the auto-resolve feature, there shouldn't be any problems. Unless I've missed something?

You are wrong with your auto-resolve

plz check it closely @ my video

http://youtu.be/DBLwIHXyci8

This bug is still not fixed. I had point blank on my strun wrath and my vacummes shotty. It said i had a load out that it could not save even though they had two different point blanks due to the other update that prevented us from equipping the same mod on our weapons vs our pets weapons. Is really annoying that this new bug was over looked for the convenience of stacking the mods for easier location finding. Same mods that are stacked at same level should have a set number of how many you currently have near the top right of the cards or such. IE if you have 2 point blanks both maxed ranked you should have a 2 near the top right. Thus 1 can be set to your primaries and 2 can be set to your pets weapons.

Edited by Umie

You are wrong with your auto-resolve

plz check it closely @ my video

http://youtu.be/DBLwIHXyci8

Ah, ok that last video made it clear what's going on. The "auto-resolve" feature of the loadout screen will now equip "the best mod of equal or lesser fusion level", rather than "the first mod of equal or lesser fusion level it finds".

I dont see these changes or did you mean the changes are ready to be implemented within a future hotfix ?

Indeed, we didn't launch a hotfix just for those changes. They will likely be included in our next "regularly scheduled update".

This isn't a bug.

This is a feature.

The only reason you can use the same mods for every weapon because you have to switch each weapon out to use it.

Before, you could just remove all the mods from your primary and switch it over to the one you plan to use.

This is time consuming, so they added this system.

Using the same mod on 2 items at the same time is impossible.

its not his point and your wrong, i have serration on all of my rifles at the same time, but i cant put a damage mod onto my sobek and have my carrier with a sweeper shotgun also have that mod, which is annoying, but understandable, but now i cant even have a seperate mod card for each weapon, it reads as the ssame mod which is bullS#&amp;&#036;