Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick Thinking/rage Combo

Legion-Shields

Discuss .

I'll start off with this: it seems to work better now than before Damage 2.0. Valkyr's health perma tanks Corpus at 17 health on Outer terminus with no armor mods, but maxed vitality.

With Mag Prime it tends to leak health/energy points over time and she will eventually go down.

I'd say this combo was balanced before with the consistent stagger it dealt you when repleneshing health, but now I can just push on and on and never stop.

I supposed it's still balanced by how rare these two mods are?

Yes, I said perma-tank (no stagger):

Edited by Legion-Shields

K already wrong direction. I am not new to using this combo. And as stated in OP I can perma tank Outer Terminus.

Should that be fixed or does the rarity of these mods justify that? Should DE remove this combo from the game entirely or are there any alterations that could be made? Any suggestions?

you might think you can perma tank, but i very very very much doubt you can keep it up for all that long.

you will go down.

they are not 100% god mode like you seem to think.

higher level enemies will down you easy.

(playing off host is a real crap shoot btw)

Edited by alchemistjkt

K already wrong direction. I am not new to using this combo. And as stated in OP I can perma tank Outer Terminus.

Should that be fixed or does the rarity of these mods justify that? Should DE remove this combo from the game entirely or are there any alterations that could be made? Any suggestions?

I don't think it's rarity justifies it. 

I was playing Valkyr on T3 Defense, has three Fusion Moa's on me, and all that did was perma-stagger me till me friends got them the hell off me. Didn't go down though. Kind of made me not even care about taking cover anymore, as I could just run around at my own leisure as long as I didn't get a Fusion Moa to perma-stagger me. 

Discuss .

I'll start off with this: it seems to work better now than before Damage 2.0.  Valkyr's health perma tanks Corpus at 17 health on Outer terminus with no armor mods, but maxed vitality.

With Mag Prime it tends to leak health/energy points over time and she will eventually go down.

I'd say this combo was balanced before with the consistent stagger it dealt you when repleneshing health, but now I can just push on and on and never stop.

I supposed it's still balanced by how rare these two mods are?

Honestly, I expect it to be nerfed hardcore because so many people who claim to be killing the U11 stalker are mentioning them and oh-no heaven forbid DE's precious Creator's Pet the Stalker get defeated.

Or stalker's dispel removes energy on top of self buffs.

Then due to you being disrupted, you cannot get energy for the next 5 seconds.

Moar challenge for you.

So, what? We should just have the Stalker turn the game into a mediocre TPS whenever he appears?

you might think you can perma tank, but i very very very much doubt you can keep it up for all that long.

you will go down.

they are not 100% god mode like you seem to think.

higher level enemies will down you easy.

(playing off host is a real crap shoot btw)

I have one video in processing right now that demonstrates that i in fact can perma tank Outer Terminus. I do not contest your claim that this combo cannot perma tank high level enemies or any significant amount of burst DPS. I dont last a second in conclaves if i let all those soma-wielding rhinos get a clear shot at me. I only want to point out that at least in this instance, the combo will perma-tank.

I have been using this combo for a while now, my Mag Prime is literally forma'd around it.

Video coming soon.

Edited by Legion-Shields

I don't think it's rarity justifies it. 

I was playing Valkyr on T3 Defense, has three Fusion Moa's on me, and all that did was perma-stagger me till me friends got them the hell off me. Didn't go down though. Kind of made me not even care about taking cover anymore, as I could just run around at my own leisure as long as I didn't get a Fusion Moa to perma-stagger me. 

well you being staggered was one thing. I am glad to receive context in the form of you considering being perma'staggered a minor issue, although I for one thought that that particular issue might have been what had kept it balanced before, as now I can go what feels like 90% of the itme without being staggered.

Was that a recent occurence?

Edited by Legion-Shields

leave it. Warframe actually has build options right now. That combo isn't the be all end all mod. Some frames like nova and ember i run full spell caster mods. Some characters like necros i run full farm mods. Their different setups for different purposes. If you nerf the combo people will jsut default to the other ones and most likely caster set.

I have one video in processing right now that demonstrates that i in fact can perma tank Outer Terminus. I do not contest your claim that this combo cannot perma tank high level enemies or any significant amount of burst DPS. I dont last a second in conclaves if i let all those soma-wielding rhinos get a clear shot at me. I only want to point out that at least in this instance, the combo will perma-tank.

I have been using this combo for a while now, my Mag Prime is literally forma'd around it.

Video coming soon.

Here it is:

Honestly, I expect it to be nerfed hardcore because so many people who claim to be killing the U11 stalker are mentioning them and oh-no heaven forbid DE's precious Creator's Pet the Stalker get defeated.

Dat you Denzine? I suppose not. I've only ever seen you and one other person call the Stalker a pet.

Edited by Charismo

It's neat but essentially useless. Mobs should be dying, not being tanked, and you should not be in a position such that you need to be revived so many times.

exactly its effective for its strategy but its not the end all be all build. What if i wanted to go caster build to kill stuff?

with you bringing it up even more, the more attention this gets out to DE, I won't be surprised if this combo gets nerf'ed in the future. It is a bit over powered. Then you will have a bunch of angry people who paid a ton of platinums for it. Guess who they will blame it on?

You get 40% of your health in energy

You get 240% of your energy in health

Each cycle has a hypothetical decay of .4*2.4=96%, not including rounding and lag.

It's not perm invincibility. It was designed specifically to not give perm invincibility, and you do end up dying unless you consume a ton of health/energy drops to keep it up. I've tested it extensively and you always end up dying, more so when you use abilities (25 energy = -60hp from the cycle, faster death).

Edited by Trainer772

with you bringing it up even more, the more attention this gets out to DE, I won't be surprised if this combo gets nerf'ed in the future. It is a bit over powered. Then you will have a bunch of angry people who paid a ton of platinums for it. Guess who they will blame it on?

DE. Otherwise I don't care if they're mad. Tell them to HTFU I guess.

You get 40% of your health in energy

You get 240% of your energy in health

Each cycle has a hypothetical decay of .4*2.4=96%, not including rounding and lag.

It's not perm invincibility. It was designed specifically to not give perm invincibility, and you do end up dying unless you consume a ton of health/energy drops to keep it up. I've tested it extensively and you always end up dying, more so when you use abilities (25 energy = -60hp from the cycle, faster death).

In the vast majority of cases, yes. Im fully aware of that decay. Edited by Legion-Shields