Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Katana Weapon Please!

Hanzo29

To everyone on this thread, Go watch Devstream #22, A Katana will be added to the game, Plus the smaller version(cant remeber its name right now) that was used more by Ninja's. I dont inderstand why so many people are griping about the Katana. It is a Beautiful, weapon that has proven itself many times to be a formitable weapon. And Like all weapons, western, eastern, has its flaws, So many people love the Longsword but it has a bout loud of flaws. So quite crying and let the people have there REAL Katana not the Skana.

To everyone on this thread, Go watch Devstream #22, A Katana will be added to the game, Plus the smaller version(cant remeber its name right now) that was used more by Ninja's. I dont inderstand why so many people are griping about the Katana. It is a Beautiful, weapon that has proven itself many times to be a formitable weapon. And Like all weapons, western, eastern, has its flaws, So many people love the Longsword but it has a bout loud of flaws. So quite crying and let the people have there REAL Katana not the Skana.

The difference between what we want and what was shown is the Katana+Wakazashi combo that they showed would not function like we want this one to. They will most likely just use the same sword+dagger attacks as other dual weapons.

Katana need sheaths, fixed at the hip, and incorporate iaido style attack animations. Resheathing animation, no matter how quick, would be amazing. Also, I love the look of the cutting edge.

And ninja used what looked like a katana with a proper handle and scabbard length when sheathed, but a shorter blade length for the quicker draw if they ever had to fight their way out of a situation. Disguises and all that.

So for anyone who has seen Stream #21, they mentioned towards that end that Melee 2.0 will be shipping with "a sword that a lot of people have been asking for" and as much as that is most likely one of the contest winners, I can't help but hoping that it is a katana based weapon like this one, since I feel like a lot more people have been asking for this more than any of the contest winners. Plus, it would be a good choice for showing off the new stuff that Melee 2.0 will have, such as a custom equip animation, charge attack, and fast combos to tie into the hit count system.

hehhe guess what's coming next? 

I heard! I didn't want to post anything until I saw the clip. Either way, can somebody pick up the phone? Because I called it!*

*it being that the requested melee weapon coming with  melee 2.0 was a katana-type weapon.

Anyway, since I haven't actually seen it yet, does it look like the Hattori at all? Aside from the obvious katana similarities.

Edit: I just saw it and sweet Jesus, I want it, I want it now! It may not have the style of the Hattori, but it is still almost exactly what I wanted. The only thing I would have preferred is if you actually held the scabbard in your off hand instead of wearing it at your side, but that's personal preference and both style are cool. I hope they keep the "primed chamber" effect and give it lots of crits.

I wonder if they'll call it the "Hattori" as a nod to this one, since this seems to be what started people's want for the style of weapon and Rasputin29 got like 1.1k votes in the melee contest.

Edit: Also not a fan of how he attacked with the sword, I was hoping for a clean, single slice motion from the scabbard, not an overhead swing. Of course, the charge attack could have the animation I'm looking for or it could not look like that clip in game at all, who knows! I'm just madly speculating out of excitement.

Edited by JerZeyCJ

Edit: Also not a fan of how he attacked with the sword, I was hoping for a clean, single slice motion from the scabbard, not an overhead swing. Of course, the charge attack could have the animation I'm looking for or it could not look like that clip in game at all, who knows! I'm just madly speculating out of excitement.

The fast draw attack is useful when an enemy is not expecting an attack (or if you are lopping the heads off unarmed peasants). If the enemy is prepared to block or counter, you are in trouble if you don't have your weapon out and ready.

That was a good example of a Tamigashiri cut. Shoulder to hip using the full body to power the weapon. MUCH better than I expected.

The fast draw attack is useful when an enemy is not expecting an attack (or if you are lopping the heads off unarmed peasants). If the enemy is prepared to block or counter, you are in trouble if you don't have your weapon out and ready.

That was a good example of a Tamigashiri cut. Shoulder to hip using the full body to power the weapon. MUCH better than I expected.

So, it would make for a good stealth attack animation, then? I think it would be cool to see our frame just sneak up behind an unsuspecting Grineer, quickly withdraw his blade, strike, and put it away, and then see said Grineer split in two.

^ I love this guy right here. but saddly we are getting a water themed frame next.

Awn :3 . But awn :( . 

Why water? That's so.. Mainstream (Te-eh ) 

This is bad :( .

Is DE going to make a new frame for each element ? 

Rhino = Earth, Ember = Fire, Volt = Electricity, Zephyr = Wind, Nekros = Darkness, Frost = Ice, Mag = Gravity (Now gravity is an element)

I think we got enough for the moment. 

Rhino = Earth, Ember = Fire, Volt = Electricity, Zephyr = Wind, Nekros = Darkness, Frost = Ice, Mag = Gravity (Now gravity is an element)

heres hopping for it being next frame.(after water)

THIS WEAPON IS CURRENTLY SUBMITTED TO THE NEW CONTEST PLEASE VOTE IT UP IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS IN THE GAME! https://forums.warfr...ions/?p=1749363

its on page 2, comment #35.

Id like to take a second to thank everyone who's been leaving comments of support, and messages, and requests. i appreciate it greatly. thank you.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

bump if you like it or want something similar.

NewCanvascopy_zps776eac75.jpg

my other threads

Gladius https://forums.warfr...d/#entry1716417

Guan Dao https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/144980-infested-chinese-guan-dao/#entry1718013

Kanabo https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/145879-tenno-kanabo-weapon-design/

Tomahawk https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/146205-tenno-tomahawk-design/#entry1731896

Bastard Sword https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/147900-batard-sword-design/

Mace/Flail https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/148539-grineer-maceflail/

My DA page

http://revincproduct...deviantart.com/

I NEEEEEEEED IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mag is Magentism

Rhino is the special skills of a rhino if you recognize his abilities, they mainly do what a rhino does.

Nekros is death not darkness, 2 different things and he is souls not shadows.

yup Hydroid the water themed frame

you forgot Saryn= Poison

(seperating comment reply above is yours below is Hanzo's)

they should put this on, they have Nikana but I would rather have this, it looks AMAZING!!!

I'm another one that wants this, you're really talented Hanzo

• 9 months later...