Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Is She?

Celseus

Datalog 2141217, Time:1299

Encryption: Access Granted

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...I feel like we're being used. I can't explain it but ever since I was revived, all I've done was fight. At first, I thought it was for the survival of my fellow Tenno but I'm not so sure anymore. Every cryopod I send back is recieved by unknown hands and I've never, with my own eyes, seen one open before. Not even my own. When I woke up, I was in a lotus (hah) position in a simulation the Lotus had prepared for me. Telling me I was Tenno and my purpose was to fight. Did really I loose my memory in the cryogenics process? Ironic, given that the cold has always been my steadfast ally. Or did someone tamper with what we remember?

These are questions I cannot answer but I am certain with my personality (which I think is my own[?]), I'd have done more. Nay, I'd have wanted to do more than just fight. I would have had a life before all this. Yet I can't remember any of it, not even a scratch, while still somehow remembering how to put enough force behind the blade to splinter steel. The brain doesn't work that way, I'm sure of it. At least, not naturally.

In this war between Corpus and Grinneer ...and Tenno, whatever we've done has been to the benefit of the Lotus. Every warframe we find is a new soldier. We call the base our home because we were told it's the only place that accepts us. Every treasure we find, or vital piece of information, goes to through her hands first. When I was given a chance to fight off the infestation with the Corpus (the Grinneer, not so much), I find myself discovering errant opinions that wobble my belief in the Lotus, my belief that we are the good guys.

Betrayer, I was called. Behind my back, of course. No one in that orange jumpsuit wanted to die as a popsicle. Clearly they think me(us) as a barbaric bunch. I try to take it as a compliment. But why 'betrayer'? Since when did I 'betray' them?

If only I could look into the past, more than what the Lotus tells us. But behind this mask, this suit, I am blinded. Now, don't mistake me as saying that the Corpus or Grinneer make better allies. Void knows they're not! I bet aN unpleasant experience awaits me if I give one of them a warm hug. The Lotus has indeed helped us survive this long. That I am most certain. 

But everything has a purpose. Who is this Lotus who guides us in that cold machinated voice? What is hers?

EDIT: Perhaps I am thinking too much.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She's a maniac, maniac on the floor

And she's dancing like she's never danced before

She's a maniac, maniac on the floor

And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Joke aside, wrong section i believe.

Edited by Morgax

I hope, when the game is "finished," there is an actual campaign that will allow players to play through all of the events we've had and get the story behind everything, and hopefully dive deeper into who the Lotus truly is...

i already suggested a campaign thread and it only was met with very harsh opposition. good luck with that. 

All I know and care to know Is war. The Lotus gave me that and for a time; I enjoyed the constant combat. After some time it became clear who was reaping the rewards of my slaughter. I decided on another path.

Now I fight for myself. My loyalty is bought with money, treasure and equipment. The Lotus, the Grineer, the Corpus. I could care less. As long as their pockets are deep enough.

I am no ones pawn. I am a Mercenary. And if the Lotus wants that oh so special Datapad, needs another Cryopod retrieved or a certain high value target killed... She better be prepared to pay my weight in credits.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why I fight. It's all I can remember doing since she pulled me from my frozen slumber. I like the cold. It helps me kill. Yet for some reason, it feels... lacking lately. It's as if there's more to life than just fighting and killing. I kept well out of the Gradivus campaign, thinking that the fight between the Merchants and the Dogs was none of my business. Honestly, I still think that way to a fault. I've been thinking a great deal lately. I've been building a home in the process as well. Science labs, an obstacle course, and a fish pond help pass the time, but the halls feel empty with only myself and the unending winter of my frame. The Lotus is indeed using me and my kind for her own gain, that's plain to see. She speaks of a 'balance' that the Tenno strive to maintain, but there can be no balance as long as the Merchants and the Dogs keep fighting each other along with the Infestation. I can't keep fighting on my own for much longer if things keep going this way. I need help...

• 3 weeks later...
Betrayer, I was called. Behind my back, of course. No one in that orange jumpsuit wanted to die as a popsicle. Clearly they think me(us) as a barbaric bunch. I try to take it as a compliment. But why 'betrayer'? Since when did I 'betray' them?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to "The Stalker" we betrayed our masters, having ended the war.

This is why, we are also hunted.

"Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent."

According to "The Stalker" we betrayed our masters, having ended the war.

This is why, we are also hunted.

"Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent."

Until you realize that his Frost in that story doesn't necessarily have access to the Stalker's codex entry.

• 1 month later...

Many of my Brothers and Sisters tell me all they remember was waking to the Lotus, her cold voice, commanding, telling them to stand, and shoot, and run.Many of my Brothers and Sisters worry what she has in store for them, where our fellow Tenno go, what she does with the cryopods.

They are lucky.

I awoke to a dull, and building pain, a fire inside me, drills and tools and the ceiling of a Corpus laboratory.
I awoke strapped to a table, fighting sedatives and watching as they cut my frame, my flesh, I watched as they changed me, took parts of me out and put theirs in. I watched them poke and prod through the haze of drugs I was kept on. For weeks I steeled myself, held fast and took the pain, but I felt myself slipping. Recurring words were all I heard, not sentences. "Zanuka" "Alad" "Betrayer". Soon I was barely conscious enough to tell what they were doing.

Well, even Corpus make mistakes. Robots are careless, and leaves tools a little too close to their victims hands.

Watching that station burn and fall apart from the escape shuttle was glorious, (almost as glorious as punching the head off that Science Director's shoulders) but being immediately hailed by a woman in a mask, and having her identify me by a name I recognized, but had never heard?
That was not glorious.

"Valkyr." She said; "Report to me at once."

I don't show it, but I am worried. I'm worried for our Brothers and Sisters, I'm worried for our survival.
But it's better than the table. 

• 2 weeks later...