Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dynamic Aura Mods

Kestral9999

Please share this topic however you can if you are in support of it.

I don't know about you guys, but I find that Aura Mods are kinda underwhelming from a visual aspect. I know this may sound silly, but before I ever attained one I always imagined that they gave your Warframe some kind of unique glowing aura depending on the ability that the mod enhanced or bestowed (I mean why call it an Aura Mod if it gives you no aura). When I realized that this wasn't the case I started thinking of interesting auras that could be implemented to give even greater character customization. If you're a melee lover like myself, channeling your energy to your weapon could even intensify the aura and make it glow brighter, larger and change it to your energy color (this would override any of the intensification options listed, I've been thinking of this since prior to melee 2.0). These effects could obviously be toggled in the same way as weapon trails. An option to toggle the auras to match your energy color would also be a welcome addition (If not the default option).

Below is an unfinished list of potential auras that these mods could grant you, feel free to add where I've been stumped or revise my current ideas as I would love to have a complete list to submit to DE. I will not include the unreleased auras that were available for a short time through transmutation in this list as they are technically not supposed to exist.

Corrosive Projection - A slow, whispy aura that drips slightly and leeches out to nearby enemies, giving them the same glow.

Dead Eye - An aura that replicates your sniper rifle's energy color and glows faintly when idle but intensifies when the weapon is fired. (would be invisible when looking through scope so as not to impair the users vision)

Energy Siphon - A fast, vortex-like aura (the same color scheme as energy orbs) which intensifies as your energy rises.

Enemy Radar - I've got little so far (was thinking potentially some kind of glowing eye aura)

Infested Impedance - An aura that gives your Warframe a swarm of Technocytes (much like the ones that you find on Infested missions but with your energy color) These would actually spread out and leech onto the nearby Infested enemies to slow them down.

Loot Detector - I've got nothing so far

Physique - A very small but bright energy that envelops your Warframe in a physical overshield(similar to when your shield is depleted, but solid)

Pistol Scavenger - I've got little so far (Maybe just the clip of your weapon could glow?)

Rejuvenation - A viscous aura that intensifies as your squad's overall health is depleted, or possibly restored (this would make a great visual cue to let you know how low on health everyone is)

Rifle Amp - an aura that replicates your rifle's energy color and glows faintly when idle but intensifies when the weapon is fired (over shoulder zoom vision shouldn't be impaired)

Rifle Scavenger - *same as Pistol Scavenger*

Shield Disruption - A fast crackling aura that immediately leeches onto nearby affected enemies.

Shotgun Scavenger - *same as Pistol Scavenger*

Sniper Scavenger - *same as Pistol Scavenger*

Speed Holster - Your Warframe's hands exude a twitchy, pulsating aura that extends up to the forearm. When switching weapons the aura flashes and resembles a weapon trail.

Sprint Boost - A slow flowing and large aura that only encompasses your Warframe's feet. When sprinting, the aura speeds up and leaves a trail behind you. (Would look impressive with persistent weapon trails on as well)

Steel Charge - A whispy aura that replicates your melee weapon's energy color and glows faintly when idle but intensifies as you use your melee attack. Aura type could even be affected by which stance mod is equipped.

These are all just ideas, I appreciate everyone's feedback.

Edited by Kestral9999

Neat idea. Some people aren't going to like it though. Make it a toggle-able option and take my +1

This would absolutely be a toggleable option lol, forgot to mention that. Much in the same way that weapon trails can be toggled. It would just be really cool to see what kind of aura your teammates are using. Like, if you are getting an energy or health buff you can know who to thank for it without asking :D

Anything that gives players an idea of what their allies have, and can work with during a mission  is a good thing in my book.  Especially during public games where you don't have a guarantee that your allies are running with specific gear, this will give you an at-a-glance look at what you're working with, instead of trying to figure it out, or ignoring it altogether.

Having it toggleable goes without saying; Just like the weapon trails, some people may not care or not like the effects, but as long as they don't get in the way of battle I'm ok with them.

Please share this topic however you see fit if you like it! I'd love to garner enough support to submit this idea to DE, any help I can get in completing this list is infinitely appreciated as well. There aren't so many Aura Mods that this would become an unfathomable amount of work to acheive (at least I don't think, I'm no programmer.)

Enemy Radar - I've got little so far (was thinking potentially some kind of glowing eye aura)

Waving lines radiating from your head (not ripping off Spidey-sense at all, honest! ;p)

Sprint Boost - A slow, yet flowing and large aura that only encompasses your Warframe's feet. When sprinting, the aura speeds up and leaves a trail behind you. (Would look impressive with persistent weapon trails on as well)

Combined with Volt's Speed would look as mental is it is.

• 1 month later...

Idea for speed holster - Why not have your hand and forearm glow with a bit of a distorted speedy twitching of energy that conforms to the shape of the warframe's hand, and flash like a weapon trail when switching weapons?

Great idea is great!

I'll edit it in.