Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Dear De_George, Make Weapon/warframe/sentinel/kurbrow Sound/audio A Customization Option.

Niryco

Dear DE_George, I have never heard of seen any game that allowed you to pick the sound of your preference from weapons to warframes and well literally everything you own. The only games that i have in mind are those mmorpg games that allow you to pick the sound of your character when he uhm...... shouts?

Warframe has a crazy load of customization options by itself, but what would be even better (especially to someone like an audiophile like me, and especially loving to play battlefield bad company 2 because the weapon sounds are amazing there) is to allow us as players to customize the sounds on our guns.

Although i am not very informed with the works of audio and sounds, there could be a simple mixer for one as a start to change the frequency/pitch or whatever other sounds that can be tweaked from the base sound. If not, another option could be a list of pre-existing sounds/audio of the item that can be selected by the player to what they want their items to sound like.

I am sure there are many more fascinating ways to implement this as suggestion so don't limit yourself to just the two methods i suggested. Also keeping in mind that this suggestion would allow the devs to experiment with more sound types and provide us with a larger range of audio for the players to use rather than trying to perfect the audio once in a very tedious and what i feel would be a painstaking process.

So please, allow players like us who love to have unique sounds for our weapons. It would be a first anywhere and would keep me in whatever sound lab the future liset would have with me tweaking the audio/ sounds for hours! Thank you!

Edited by Jacate

This could be kinda cool, not sure how it would be worked into the game but it would be 'friggin awesome

I know, I have been looking high and low for a game to provide sounds like battlefield bad company 2 for sooooooo long, and there hasn't been any games that have their sounds deliver. But if we get customize audio, Oh My Gosh, my heart is going to be filled with tears of joy having being able to listen to beautiful weapon sounds and what not.

Hey Jacate,

Providing different sound packs in Warframe is indeed a very cool idea.  However, the sound team is always really busy keeping up with new content that gets added to the game for every update... and with new content comes the need to create new base sounds.  So creating multiple sounds for each weapon is just not feasible at this time.

But...

We do have something very cool planned for the near future.  I won't get into details just yet but let's just say that we've been listening to players' desires for sound packs (custom audio), and we hope to roll something out for an in-game character soon.

Hey Jacate,

Providing different sound packs in Warframe is indeed a very cool idea.  However, the sound team is always really busy keeping up with new content that gets added to the game for every update... and with new content comes the need to create new base sounds.  So creating multiple sounds for each weapon is just not feasible at this time.

But...

We do have something very cool planned for the near future.  I won't get into details just yet but let's just say that we've been listening to players' desires for sound packs (custom audio), and we hope to roll something out for an in-game character soon.

That is very exciting to hear =D Thank you so much and i appreciate the effort. Though i would be honest, i am waiting on weapon sounds more now that you have mention what possibilities there is, all i can feel is very excited for it, thank you!

Drunk lotus pack pls. Wouldn't even have to record new audio. Just slow down existing audio like 

and have the wrong lines playing at the wrong times. 

...creating multiple sounds for each weapon is just not feasible at this time.

I don't think it's out of the question, but can you at least make sound packs of old SFX? Some weapon SFX right now aren't as cool as their early beta counterparts. Gorgon, Braton, and Vipers come to mind. Obviously you're tied up making new SFX every time there's a new weapon (especially with U14 around the corner) but I think compiling discarded sounds is easier than making new SFX altogether.

Drunk lotus pack pls. Wouldn't even have to record new audio. Just slow down existing audio like 

and have the wrong lines playing at the wrong times. 

I do admit, a drunk lotus pack would be pretty funny.

"Wash outtenno - youvgot asquad of Grineer marines headed...headed...you way."

"Uh....Lotus, we're doing ODD.  There's only Infested here."

"ITSH TEH GRINNER!"

...in other news, a Helium Lotus pack would also be pretty funny.

I'm sorry but I don't think its beneficial to have a customization option for every last minute detail in Warframe.  It seems as if everyone on the forums is constantly asking for an option to turn on or of X or an option for a slider for Y, or the ability to do Z.  I'm not sure that its so easy for our Devs to just program options like this into the game.  Look how long basic things, like loadout switching, the ability to auto-fuse mods, etc, took to implement.  I personally think time and effort is better spent on updating or fixing things already present.  Even if you are appealing to just the audio team, there are certainly bigger fish to fry.  The game itself is changing and evolving slowly and steadily, perhaps its best you just accept it for how it is presented to you, instead of asking for more things custom tailored for what you want. 

TL;DR: Stop asking for s**t. 

Edited by sektor2001

I'm sorry but I don't think its beneficial to have a customization option for every last minute detail in Warframe.  It seems as if everyone on the forums is constantly asking for an option to turn on or of X or an option for a slider for Y, or the ability to do Z.  I'm not sure that its so easy for our Devs to just program options like this into the game.  Look how long basic things, like loadout switching, the ability to auto-fuse mods, etc, took to implement.  I personally think time and effort is better spent on updating or fixing things already present.  Even if you are appealing to just the audio team, there are certainly bigger fish to fry.  The game itself is changing and evolving slowly and steadily, perhaps its best you just accept it for how it is presented to you, instead of asking for more things custom tailored for what you want. 

TL;DR: Stop asking for s**t. 

Well the Devs said they have plans in mind on how to improve the audio aspect, which is lacking in many games. In addition to "the game is evolving slowly and steadily" is true and so as a player i am wondering where the direction is being headed on this trip so i ask if it is possible to include this idea into the destination, i mean we would like to try. Given how this game gives the opportunity to every player to present a very interesting idea, it feel it is best we use this power to try and create what may be a very great game. You would obviously have your own opinion about this but at least do understand, telling someone to stop asking for stuff is the same as me saying you are blindly accepting the games flaws without putting much thought into the games future, like the bunch of players that would rather let it die slowly than watch it improve. Meaning to say, it sounds rude.

Thank you for reading and understanding that as a community there are many people with many different desires, at least use your voice to ask if something can be provided, even if it is the smallest amount, to each group so that no one feels left out. It is sure is hard to do it but you have to know this, it is through hardship that we all become better, not through ignorance.

Edited by Jacate

Hey Jacate,

But...

PLEASE BRING BACK THE U7 GORGON SOUND :'(

Hey Jacate,

But...

Could we perhaps use some of the old sounds? Like the ahem*cough* viper sounds*cough*.

Hey Jacate,

But...

Just dont give Warframes voices or personalities, I beg you.

I would like to hear my carrier saying "I'll be back" In Arnold Schwarzeneggers voice when he dies tho.

Hey Jacate,

But...

Much appreciated and thank god, good luck and good work so far to the sound team.

As long as we're talking about custom sound/audio, how about a Tenno musicplayer? Tenno Radio?! Tenno bands!? Tenno Instruments?!? I need a Tenno boombox as well.

On a serious note: I wouldn't mind having customizable sounds for weapons or Kubrows. Though I'd rather have you work at the core gameplay and enhancements of it.