U14 Hysteria, Some Numbers.

Chroia

Question

Rank 3 Valkyr.

5/5 Rifle Amp, 3/3 Hysteria.

No sentinel, no melee weapon.

Venus, Terminus (level 3-4).

x1 combo counter.

Lancers take 260 damage, Troopers take 237.

A crit on a Lancer does 520 damage.

Conclusion: x2 crit damage

Valkyr ranked to 4.

Change Aura to Steel Charge 5/5.

Lancers take 261 damage, Troopers take 237.

A crit on a Lancer does 522 damage.

Changed to Rifle Amp 5/5

Lancers take 261 damage, Troopers take 237.

A crit on a Lancer does 520 damage.

Conclusion: Claw base damage is not affected by Steel Charge.

Tentative conclusion: Level-based component to the damage? Will revisit later.

Rank 10 Valkyr, no melee weapon, still 261/237.

Tentative conclusion: Rounding vagaries.

Some of the 261 hits are yellow, some white. No idea what the significance of this is.

I've been hunting G3 for ~3 weeks.

NOW they show up.

I Hysteria, but then can't attack.

#*@%&

/rant

Equip Steel Charge 5/5 (need for points) and Intensify 4/5 and Fleeting 4/5.

Still 261/237

Conclusion: No effect from Power Strength.

Anything else I should check?

Edit 1:

Equipping a mod-less max rank Machete (lowest attack speed weapon I currently possess) increases damage to 299/271.

Tentative conclusion: Equipped weapon damage stacks with claw damage? But the math on that doesn't appear to work right, so idk.

Equipping a mod-less max rank Machete doesn't appear to visually affect attack speed.

Tentative conclusion: Either Claws are 0.9 atk/sec, or unaffected by weapon's speed.

Equipped an Orthos Prime (1.2 atk vs 0.9), still no visible difference.

Conclusion: Claw attack speed unaffected by base weapon's speed.

Machete + Steel Charge puts me at 322/292

Conclusion Steel Charge affects the weapon damage component.

Getting several different crit damage values. I'm assuming that it depends on which damage type crits, otherwise I have no idea what I'm seeing. (e.g. a white 541 on Troopers, (With Spoiled Strike) yellow 506,  4042 and 1010 on Lancers, 916 on Trooper)

Tentative conclusion: ?

Adding a Stance appears to have changed nothing. (Haven't checked Stamina values, as I have no idea how to.)

With an eyeball mk. 1 (No vid cap software on this PC atm), neither Fury nor Quickening (nor both) appear to have any effect on swing speed. Nor does Spoiled Strike.

Conclusion: Unaffected by attack speed modifiers.

A Maxed Pressure Point puts me at 345/312. A maxed Spoiled Strike at 337/?

Conclusion: Affected(!!!!1!1) somehow by base damage increase.

Tentative conclusion: Probably only modifies whatever effect your equipped weapon has on the final damage, since a (345-299=) 46 point increase doesn't appear to be anything near 120% of the base 261.

Elemental mods doesn't affect damage, and don't appear to generate procs, though my sample size may simply be too small. On the other hand, I haven't seen any IPS procs, either.

Tentative conclusion: 0% proc chance?

Still has a Life Leech component. Will check when I can get a nice round damage number.

Machete with Smite Grineer still does 299/271

Conclusion: Claws and weapons unaffected by faction mods.

No idea how to test crit chance beyond standing and swinging for ages.

No idea how to approach crit damage, given that I'm seeing numbers all over the place.

Still haven't seen any procs.

Edited by Chroia

16 answers to this question

The 2x crit is interesting as it is believed to be 3x. Maybe you can cross reference all the information posted on the wiki 

• The ability gives Valkyr a set of claws, which is the only usable weapon for the duration of the ability.
  • All attacks deal 300 damage.
    • The damage is distributed evenly between 18px-Impact_b.png Impact 18px-Puncture_b.png Puncture , and 18px-Slash_b.png Slash .
    • Damage is not affected by Power Strength.
    • Slam attacks have a 5-meter impact radius with 100% knockdown.
    • Regular attacks can hit a maximum of 5 targets per strike.
    • While the combo counter isn't shown, the effects of it still apply and do not expire after 4 seconds, instead they last until Hysteria's duration ends.
  • The attack speed is derived from the equipped melee weapon's attack speed, including mods and buffs.
  • Hysteria's attack speed, critical damage, and critical chance can also be modified by equipping certain mods into the melee weapon.
    • FurySpoiled Strike and Berserker can modify the attack speed. While the last one does not proc during Hysteria, stacks gained BEFORE can affect the player until they wear off.
    • Elemental damage, status chance, speed, proc (BerserkerMelee Channel, etc.), charge damage/speed, range, faction damage, and physical damage (IPS) mods have no effect on Hysteria.
    • While under the effect of Hysteria, both the skill and the equipped melee weapon can cause critical strikes with the base damage of Hysteria.
    • Hysteria has a critical damage multiplier of 3x and a critical chance about 25%, both affected by Organ Shatter and True Steelrespectively.
  • 1% / 2% / 4% / 5% of damage done (after resistances/armor) is regained as health. This is not affected by Power Strength mods.
  • While active, Valkyr can perform melee combos unique to Hysteria.
  • Has a duration of 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 seconds. This is affected by Power Duration mods.
  • While ability is activated, Valkyr is invulnerable to damage, and immune to stun, stagger, status effects, and knockdown.
    • While invulnerable, melee attacks will push her away, and shockwaves will cause her to bounce into the air slightly.
  • Coats random enemies in the selected energy color within a 5 meter radius of Valkyr. If any are not killed, all damage taken while invulnerable from these selected targets will be inflicted after Hysteria wears off.
    • Moving out of range will remove this effect.  Thus is it recommended that the user puts distance between themselves and marked targets before Hysteria runs out if they cannot be killed fast enough.
    • This is hard to see as all enemies close to her will glow like this (possible bug).
  • The speed at which you can attack can be boosted by Warcry and/or Volt's Speed ability. If both are used at the same time, both percentage increases will combine and add to her base melee speed, instead of one boosting the new base speed created by the other.
  • Using this ability will also lead Valkyr into a "deaf" state, unable to hear anything around her other than strong stuttering waves of rage within her mind. This makes dodging powerful attacks much harder, despite the temporary invulnerability.
  • To players who suffer low FPS (Frames per second) in-game will also suffer DPS loss as melee attacks are "semi-automatic".

Could check out some of this stuff:

The wiki says "The attack speed is derived from the equipped melee weapon's attack speed, including mods and buffs." However, I don't think I see a difference when it comes to attack speed.

"Hysteria has a critical damage multiplier of 3x and a critical chance about 25%, both affected by Organ and True Steel respectively." Haven't really tested this much.

what about attack speed.

I think hysteria speed is longer affected by melee weapon attack speed.

tried it with a maxed fury and a maxed spoiled strike, and it didn't appear to make a difference - needs more testing (and video proof) though

sidenote:

wiki seems a touch out of date.

wiki states combo counter is NOT shown, while it certainly is showing during Hysteria post-U14.

^

Yup.

Updated OP, to keep all the info in 1 place.

That's all for now, will resume tomorrow.

No idea how damage is calculated against hybrid, i.e. Flesh/Ferrite.

Add in that their values are usually unequal, and compound that with level-based scaling, and I'm way out of my mathematical depth.

For this reason, considering moving my testing from Mercury (lowest level, so least scaling, but Grineer, so Flesh/armor) to Eris (Mid-level, but Infested, so only Flesh/I. Flesh, so no mitigation.)

The 2x crit is interesting as it is believed to be 3x. Maybe you can cross reference all the information posted on the wiki 

• The ability gives Valkyr a set of claws, which is the only usable weapon for the duration of the ability.
  • All attacks deal 300 damage.
    • The damage is distributed evenly between 18px-Impact_b.png Impact 18px-Puncture_b.png Puncture , and 18px-Slash_b.png Slash .
    • Damage is not affected by Power Strength.
    • Slam attacks have a 5-meter impact radius with 100% knockdown.
    • Regular attacks can hit a maximum of 5 targets per strike.
    • While the combo counter isn't shown, the effects of it still apply and do not expire after 4 seconds, instead they last until Hysteria's duration ends.
  • The attack speed is derived from the equipped melee weapon's attack speed, including mods and buffs.
  • Hysteria's attack speed, critical damage, and critical chance can also be modified by equipping certain mods into the melee weapon.
    • FurySpoiled Strike and Berserker can modify the attack speed. While the last one does not proc during Hysteria, stacks gained BEFORE can affect the player until they wear off.
    • Elemental damage, status chance, speed, proc (BerserkerMelee Channel, etc.), charge damage/speed, range, faction damage, and physical damage (IPS) mods have no effect on Hysteria.
    • While under the effect of Hysteria, both the skill and the equipped melee weapon can cause critical strikes with the base damage of Hysteria.
    • Hysteria has a critical damage multiplier of 3x and a critical chance about 25%, both affected by Organ Shatter and True Steelrespectively.
  • 1% / 2% / 4% / 5% of damage done (after resistances/armor) is regained as health. This is not affected by Power Strength mods.
  • While active, Valkyr can perform melee combos unique to Hysteria.
  • Has a duration of 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 seconds. This is affected by Power Duration mods.
  • While ability is activated, Valkyr is invulnerable to damage, and immune to stun, stagger, status effects, and knockdown.
    • While invulnerable, melee attacks will push her away, and shockwaves will cause her to bounce into the air slightly.
  • Coats random enemies in the selected energy color within a 5 meter radius of Valkyr. If any are not killed, all damage taken while invulnerable from these selected targets will be inflicted after Hysteria wears off.
    • Moving out of range will remove this effect.  Thus is it recommended that the user puts distance between themselves and marked targets before Hysteria runs out if they cannot be killed fast enough.
    • This is hard to see as all enemies close to her will glow like this (possible bug).
  • The speed at which you can attack can be boosted by Warcry and/or Volt's Speed ability. If both are used at the same time, both percentage increases will combine and add to her base melee speed, instead of one boosting the new base speed created by the other.
  • Using this ability will also lead Valkyr into a "deaf" state, unable to hear anything around her other than strong stuttering waves of rage within her mind. This makes dodging powerful attacks much harder, despite the temporary invulnerability.
  • To players who suffer low FPS (Frames per second) in-game will also suffer DPS loss as melee attacks are "semi-automatic".

that page is completely useless now die to this massive nerf they just put on her. her hysteria is no longer effected by attk speed either so by formad dual zorens are useless now...DE needs to release some actual F!$%$@%@!%# stats to this cause not knowing the full effects of how she has been #*($%%@ over &!$$es me off.

Seems to work the way it was before U13. Power strength and +melee damage only affects the contribution from the weapon's damage.

261 to 299 is an extra 38 damage from equipping the machete (which is right, it's just reduced by armor). Adding Pressure Point increases the 38 damage contribution to 84, so 84+261 = 345 which matches your test results.

Yay, Hysteria is once again affected by melee damage and power strength, which makes Dragon Nikana actually the best weapon for Hysteria DPS when using 229% PS and 360% Melee Damage.

Wiki page should be accurate once again.

Edit: The old wiki pages from pre-U13 nerf, I mean. Only thing that seems different would be the 2x crit multiplier, used to be just equal to whatever was equipped, don't remember testing with nothing because U13 broke Hysteria anyways.

Edited by Darzk

that page is completely useless now die to this massive nerf they just put on her. her hysteria is no longer effected by attk speed either so by formad dual zorens are useless now...DE needs to release some actual F!$%$@%@!%# stats to this cause not knowing the full effects of how she has been #*($%%@ over &!$$es me off.

That's the exact reason I suggest it. I know you may be angry but please take the forums rules into consideration when you post.

Did some testing myself. Getting really weird numbers, will have to do some more, but there is DEFINITELY a contribution from Power Strength, when a melee weapon is equipped. I'm thinking it increases the contribution from the weapon.

Edit:

K, figured it out.

Damage = 300 + WeaponDamage*1.75*MeleeDamage*PowerStrength

I was hitting an ancient (1.05 modifier) for 908 with DNikana and no Power Strength but full +melee damage. 908 at 1.05 is 865 base, which is 300 + 85.1*1.75*3.8

I was hitting an Ancient (1.05 modifier) for 1674 with +229% strength. 1674@1.05 is 1595. 300+85.1*1.75*3.8*2.29 = 1595

Crits appear to come in two 'flavors'. Either they come as a multiplier equal to the weapon's, or as a multiplier equal to the weapon's times 2. Occasionally I would see aberrant crits for like 35-75 thousand damage. Finishers in the combos appear to do more damage, sometimes, and you can get headshots for another 2-4x damage.

Edited by Darzk

Hysteria seems to have Melee weapon added on, as when I brought my Amphis I was doing a fair bit of regular damage in addition to frequent Electrical procs.

E: Do Slash/Puncture/Impact mods affect Hysteria? I'd love to throw in Rending Strike and some others for moar damaj.

Edited by Naples

when I brought my Amphis I was doing a fair bit of regular damage in addition to frequent Electrical procs.

You were getting electrical procs during Hysteria? Thats impressive. I've never seen Toxin procs from DI. Huh.

E: Do Slash/Puncture/Impact mods affect Hysteria? I'd love to throw in Rending Strike and some others for moar damaj.

They do not appear to.

Anything else that needs testing (and that I can test without a willing partner/test dummy)?

Specifically how Berzerker works. I'm hearing three different things and don't have time/patience to test myself:

a) It doesn't work at all

b) It works, procs from crits during Hysteria

c) It only carries over procs made before activating Hysteria

Note: Eyeball Mk. 1.

How noticeable an effect should 4/5 Berserker have?

I'm assuming that it should be obvious whether it has any effect or not.

After a single run, without video capture, the best I can give you is 'It might work, maybe?'

Given that, and assuming that should make a noticeable difference I'd have to say it doesn't work at all.

Tested with 3/3 Hysteria, and Dual Ichor with (relevant mods:) 3/3 Spoiled Strike, 4/5 Berserker.

3 stacks had a noticeable impact on quick-melee.

Claws, not so much.