Name: Alder

Sex: M/F (you guys choose)

LVL 0                                      LVL 30

HP:      100                                          250

Shield: 105                                          255

Armor: 50                                            100

Power: 110                                          300

Power 1: seed bomb

Due to past genetics, Alder throws a seed (size of a baseball) that causes explosive damage. (50 explosive damage)

Power 2: Sharp Oak

Alder places some oak wood spike trap that causes piercing damage (beware of sharp traps)

Power 3: Photosynthesis

Alder plants his/her (your choice on gender) roots and heals nearby allies by 1 HP per second for 10 seconds

Power 4: Entanglement

Alder calls fourth jungle vines to trap enemies causing damage overtime (warning, vines may appear to shake you upside down for lunch money)

Let me know what you guys think!

It sounds interested, but I'd say it to be a she for two reasons;

A) Women are the embodiment of life, as they also create it, so it's fitting.

B) The frame Oberon was a nature frame and is already male. It'd be nice to have an opposite frame.

I like the third power's idea alot, but it's immensely underwhelmed.

Edited by WingedCrusade

I think the idea is nice but the abilities will need some looking at (or more explanation) since to me it looks like 2 is similar to hallowed ground, 3 is similar to renewal but without travel time and 4 sounds like tentacle swarm. Don't get me wrong I like the idea but with such limited explanation this is what comes to my mind. Also I'd try to avoid the spikestrip ability since from my experience with Oberon it's too situational (unless it covers half the universe).

I do have a nice idea for the Photosynthesis skill though: Alder starts a powerfull chemical reaction resulting in a pulsing heal, healing itself and friendlies around him for X amount of time. (like energy vampire pulses of maybe 100 HP per pulse at max rank and affected by range, strength and duration) Also Alder would be the center of the pulses and it would stick with it like ember's world on fire (with limited range of course).

Entanglement sounds like it could be really good though. Personally I'd go with a more utility role. Instead of dealing damage over time (maybe still a little) change it so that it traps enemies by grabbing their feet to prevent them from moving. This would cause them to be "stunned" during the ability and have them try and remove it with some animation. (similar to bastille but non-floaty and cast more like radial disarm) To make it even more of an ultimate you could add thorns to it which would reduce armor values of enemies.

His first and second power seem straightforward which is a good thing too. Though I'd like to hear a little more on how your second ability would be different from Oberon's hallowed ground currently. Because let's face it... nobody uses Oberon at higher levels with hallowed ground.

Sorry if I try to change too much of your ideas but this is just what I'd make of it.

I think the idea is nice but the abilities will need some looking at (or more explanation) since to me it looks like 2 is similar to hallowed ground, 3 is similar to renewal but without travel time and 4 sounds like tentacle swarm. Don't get me wrong I like the idea but with such limited explanation this is what comes to my mind. Also I'd try to avoid the spikestrip ability since from my experience with Oberon it's too situational (unless it covers half the universe).

I do have a nice idea for the Photosynthesis skill though: Alder starts a powerfull chemical reaction resulting in a pulsing heal, healing itself and friendlies around him for X amount of time. (like energy vampire pulses of maybe 100 HP per pulse at max rank and affected by range, strength and duration) Also Alder would be the center of the pulses and it would stick with it like ember's world on fire (with limited range of course).

Entanglement sounds like it could be really good though. Personally I'd go with a more utility role. Instead of dealing damage over time (maybe still a little) change it so that it traps enemies by grabbing their feet to prevent them from moving. This would cause them to be "stunned" during the ability and have them try and remove it with some animation. (similar to bastille but non-floaty and cast more like radial disarm) To make it even more of an ultimate you could add thorns to it which would reduce armor values of enemies.

His first and second power seem straightforward which is a good thing too. Though I'd like to hear a little more on how your second ability would be different from Oberon's hallowed ground currently. Because let's face it... nobody uses Oberon at higher levels with hallowed ground.

Sorry if I try to change too much of your ideas but this is just what I'd make of it.

well just remember that hollowed ground consists of fire. Sharp oak consists of more like a single spike trap where if enemies walk over it, these spikes lunge at the enemies like a spear dealing piercing damage and slash damage. plus you can place multiple of these traps in any location. (i've never played oberon yet so i have no experience on his moves.)  

3 is completely in-effective in combart.

4's not original at all, and should be replaced with a newer and more fun and new ability.

Ever read my Rose Rampart idea?

Edited by jjpdn

well just remember that hollowed ground consists of fire. Sharp oak consists of more like a single spike trap where if enemies walk over it, these spikes lunge at the enemies like a spear dealing piercing damage and slash damage. plus you can place multiple of these traps in any location. (i've never played oberon yet so i have no experience on his moves.)  

Oberon can place multiple too but that's not the point. All I'm going to say is I hope it will be a better skill then ^_^ I still like the idea though but Oberon kind of ruined it gameplay wise. So that's why I had my doubts.

Feels out of place in a sci-fi game.  Also most of the environments in this game wouldn't allow for plant growth.  Feels like it should be left to a fantasy style game instead.  

Hate to say it but... Hydroid on Phobos maybe? It doesn't have to make sense you know... as long as it brings something new to the table and creates a fun experience for the users. Abilities are energy based so with a bit of lore you could say abilities form out of our energy pool and materialise appropriately.

Edit: typo

Edited by zY_Spartan_Yz

Hate to say it but... Hydroid on Phobos maybe? It doesn't have to make sense you know... as long as it brings something new to the table and creates a fun experience for the users. Abilities are energy based so with a bit of lore you could say abilities form out of our energy pool and materialise appropriately.

Edit: typo

Oh, i know, I think Hydroid doesn't belong in this game either.  But I was trying to keep my comment just to the proposed frame.

Oh, i know, I think Hydroid doesn't belong in this game either.  But I was trying to keep my comment just to the proposed frame.

That's ok, I was just trying to tell you some things don't need to make sense as long as it's fun.