Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Emblem Contest. 400 Plat Prize.

UmamiSalami

Hello fellow players, my friend, TheImmortalHotDog, and I are hosting a clan emblem contest. Our clan name is Spectre Zero and we would like a clan emblem that would go along with our name. I'm repeating myself aren't I? Anyway back on topic, the prize for winning as you can see from the title is 400 plat but the 2 runner ups will receive 50 plat each. BUT WAIT THERE IS ONE MORE! Anyone that refers an very artistic friend and they happen to win will receive 50 plat as well! (Possible loophole here. I'll leave that to you guys.) EX: Your friend wins our contest and they give us your name so you may receive a 50 plat referral prize. POSSIBLE LOOPHOLE! Remember that your entry must relate to our clan name. We will be looking for the most artistic of artistic entries. You are more than welcomed to watermark your entry but you must give us the unwatermarked version before we can give you your prize. This does not apply to runner up entries. The contest will end on October 25,2014 but will be extended if needed. Good luck and may the best ma-.....Tenno win!
*Rules are subject to change but only for the good of the contestants. Or maybe I'll be mean and add in new requirements.

Edit #1: As of now the watermark rule is unnecessary. Though we still expect the unwatermarked version after you receive your prize.

Edit #2: Because of cross-platform restrictions I will be unable to hand out prizes to PSN or XB1 players unless they have an account on PC that they can receive the reward from in the case that they do win. I apologize for any inconvenience!
Edit #3: As of this moment the winning prize has now raised from 400 to 550.

The contest is now officially over. I would like to congratulate LoyalFang for winning. I would also like to congratulate SHIR0B0N and -HB-Angainor for creating the next 2 emblems that TheImmortalHotDog and I both like. And last but not least, I would like to thank everyone who join in on my little contest. I saw a lot of great entries and really, if you guys didn't join in I'm not sure where this contest might have ended up so once again, THANK YOU GUYS VERY MUCH FOR PARTICIPATING!

Edited by LeviathanRise

Call me wrong, but would any artist here take plat instead of real money for the work? %)

I know I would pick money over plat in a heartbeat but I'm pretty sure offering money over the forums would result in my post being either deleted or locked so plat is the next best thing. I'm pretty sure there's something in the forum rules about real-life trading. If not then DE or the mods would probably condemn it. 

Any designer knows that sending the unwater marked version means you're not getting paid. Only a half a meatball would send the 'finished' version without payment. 

The watermark rule is only in place as a security measure for us but if you guys are really displeased with it I will gladly remove it. Like I said, rules will change ONLY for the good of the contestants.

The watermark rule is only in place as a security measure for us but if you guys are really displeased with it I will gladly remove it. Like I said, rules will change ONLY for the good of the contestants.

ok then, i will see what i can do..

but still dont understand the watermark rule..

ok then, i will see what i can do..

but still dont understand the watermark rule..

Watermarking is when you put your signature somewhere noticeable on an image that you made to claim that it is truly yours. I had the watermarking rule in place as a precaution in case someone tries to be "tricky" with us but in the end it only discourage people entering. Can't have people unhappy with a contest now can we?

Might have a try at this, any preferred color and/or symbols?

It is 100% up to the contestant on what they want to design as long as it features our name and/or a image reference to our name. Do your best to impress!

ZUer7pH.png

Allways wanted to try to do this one, 2 excalibur heads doing a ying yang style thing..

Looking good! Completely digging that watermark. Can't get enough of that sexy teddy soldier. ;)

2nrjzbq.png

Can change the color of the flames at will, just chose purple because it felt more spooky/spectre-ish

that looks cool..but you should make the clan name bigger, it may be not visible ingame(this stands for mrrobotto too).. and you should add something from warframe like mrrobotto did, so it wont look like just a image taken from the internet..

that looks cool..but you should make the clan name bigger, it may be not visible ingame(this stands for mrrobotto too).. and you should add something from warframe like mrrobotto did, so it wont look like just a image taken from the internet..

As much as I don't really approve this message, I tried constructing a vector similar to this, but ended up screwing it over the more I worked on it. In the end, I got tired and just went "balls to this". Will take this in consideration, though.

Edited by SHIR0B0N

@Shirobon

hmm, i like it with the lotus symbol, but you should change the "interpolation" when rotating the image, thats why it is so pixelated..if you change the interpolation it must be fixed..

Edited by JeyciKon

@Shirobon

hmm, i like it with the lotus symbol, but you should change the "interpolation" when rotating the image, thats why it is so pixelated..if you change the interpolation it must be fixed..

You won't see it when its 128*128.

Here it is in the required upload format.

2ql7rjc.png

btw, I believe what you're talking about is referred to as aliasing, or "jaggies". The staircase effect on curves, right?

Edited by SHIR0B0N

2ql7rjc.png

btw, I believe what you're talking about is referred to as aliasing, or "jaggies". The staircase effect on curves, right?

yup, that was what i was talking about..

I figured since I chimed in on the thread, I might as well throw my hat in the ring. I can tweek colors and design as desired. 

This is the actual submit able size (with watermark)

Spectre-Zero-watermark1.png

Here is the larger version

Spectreconcept2.png

Very nice emblem! But do you happen to have an account on PC? I am unable to give out prizes to contestants on other platforms because of cross-platform restrictions.

2ql7rjc.png

Welp, here's my attempt. Slightly recycled from an old emblem I made that didn't win a contest:

SpecZeroEmblemSmall.png

All the entries that I've have received are more than amazing. I won't be throwing out any kind of suggests but if you do feel like you want to revise or make multiple entries then do feel free to do so. I'm also really close to raising the prize because of all the amazing emblems that are coming in!