Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotguns And Snipers Need A Look At?

Heidrek

As you know warframe is not sniper friendly, but it's also time to look at the shotguns.

THE STRUN IS PRETTY MUCH THE SECOND BEST, damage per second wise, but the biggest issue is that it's a starter weapon. Having a starter weapon like this would be underwhelming, so the shotgun section should have a look before it falls into decay, like the sniper section. (Buffing up all the grineer shotguns would be a nice plus, BUT please buffing the Tigris's utility would be a godsend.)

Another thing. Can we talk about the auras? Shotguns don't have an aura, that could be another solution to this shotgun problem. So maybe we could switch Infested Impedance for "imaginary new shotgun aura" or including ALL Primaries in Rifle Amp rather than having an individual aura per weapon. I know there's dead eye and pistols are pretty underwhelming so maybe we could convert it into an aura that could increase side arm damage?
Tell me your opinion.

Edited by Heidrek

snipers technically got "buffed" a while back :L

Look at opticor. look at the amount of shotguns we have compared to rifles. an easy fix would be to make rifle amp accept all primaries and turn Dead Eye into a pistol mod. Or do something like that with all the useless mods like vitality and infested impedance.

Look at opticor. look at the amount of shotguns we have compared to rifles. an easy fix would be to make rifle amp accept all primaries and turn Dead Eye into a pistol mod. Or do something like that with all the useless mods like vitality and infested impedance.

Hmm i find Infested Impedance pretty useful and i actually use it.

My boar P is a beast against all mobs except high tier mobs.. even though i formaed it 3 times and have, what i believe the best cards there are for the thing. 

Yup look at the wiki and multiply, REGULAR STRUN is second though so its kinda worriying looking at the other shotguns

Yup look at the wiki and multiply, REGULAR STRUN is second though so its kinda worriying looking at the other shotguns

I'm wondering where you're getting this info that the Strun is second best. While it boasts 19 more base damage per shot, SWraith boasts more or equal in every other stat. It has double the status chance(40%), which is very important in higher level play.

Hek has .3 slower firing speed and 2 less shots in the magazine, but it superior to the Strun in every other stat. That's not even including the syndicate multishot mod, which triples the damage it deals.

Snipers are fine.

The problem with Snipers is that Warframe isn't really a game that values the ability to take out strong individual targets; it is mostly about slaughtering masses of weaker enemies. That is why weapons like assault rifles are much better suited for 99% of the gameplay than Snipers.

Shotguns on the other hand... between their mods being terribly designed (why not version of Serration for Shotguns?) and they have Falloff which not only holds them back but also makes no sense - a Shotgun simply fires multiple "bullets" at once. It does not fire at any lower velocity or "weaker" than a pistol or rifle...

I don't see the point in Rifle Amp honestly. Only reason I've equipped it is because it was one of the first auras I had.

Once I found auras that benefit me way more overall, I have yet to equip it on anything.

Hell at least half of the auras are unusable imo. Totally worthless.

Snipers just recently got their buff. I'm not naive enough to say that I knew the sniper buff would make everything wonderful.

Snipers will never get a buff or change that makes using a sniper rifle in this game a good experience because, the game itself is a sniper rifles nightmare. Hordes and HORDES of quick moving enemies, constantly. No modes where you are encouraged to take things out from range.

Snipers weren't the problem and they still aren't, the game itself is. It works against snipers because snipers are slow but are supposed to pack a wallop. You can't be slow in Warframe. Unless you are solo.

The one major thing snipers all SHOULD have gotten was innate punchthrough. That alone may have made them at least usable. But they didn't. The devs missed the point.

More damage, woohoo. They usually one to two shot anyway, why the hell did you give them more damage? That isn't the issue.

More crit, woohoo. They do enough damage already, why the hell did you give them more crit? That isn't the issue.

Shotguns will always be terrible by the way. Just letting you know. Actual shotguns in Warframe will always be afterthoughts. Their mod selection is insulting, their drop off is insulting, the spreads are insulting.

EDIT: By the way, I knew before the snipers "buff" that it wouldn't solve any real problems at all whatsoever. I called it that no one would use them in any real mission and I was laughing at everyone thinking that they would run into all the missions carrying their sniper rifle like they were real badasses. Nope. Still godawful and worthless just like I knew it was gonna happen.

Edited by darthdart

Snipers are fine.

The problem with Snipers is that Warframe isn't really a game that values the ability to take out strong individual targets; it is mostly about slaughtering masses of weaker enemies. That is why weapons like assault rifles are much better suited for 99% of the gameplay than Snipers.

Shotguns on the other hand... between their mods being terribly designed (why not version of Serration for Shotguns?) and they have Falloff which not only holds them back but also makes no sense - a Shotgun simply fires multiple "bullets" at once. It does not fire at any lower velocity or "weaker" than a pistol or rifle...

A shotgun does not fire multiple "bullets" at once it fires multiple pellets at once which travel through the smoothbore barrel in a pack and disperse on leaving the muzzle/choke. The energy transfer from the powder charge to the individual pellet is much smaller and the pellet also does not benefit from any rifling which also affects its speed so while at the muzzle the energy as a whole can be equal to a rifle or even greater it is smaller to the individual pellet which will result in a considerably shorter range. Even using a slug a shotgun won´t match a rifle in terms of bullet velocity and therefor range. (Also the much larger projectile diameter comes into play here) On the other hand the energy transfer to the target from a slug will be considerably higher than most rifle bullets and certainly. For a better understanding watch some of the numerous videos on Youtube featuring shotguns. 

So in a nutshell shotguns DO have a considerable falloff compared to rifles and even some pistols.  

In game shotguns are plagued by numerous problems like mods are considerably harder to get (shotgun spazz vs speed trigger) and being underpowered like Sobek or plain terrible like Tigris.