Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennobet Font Package And Understanding

-Krux-

Thank you DE for the recognition - https://warframe.com/news/grineer-and-corpus-cipher-revealed

We'll start with the font first and then how to use it and provide proper understanding of the tenno language compared to english.

Also I want to thank BenzinNinJa for clearing up some things for me while I was learning the language in order to make this font.

You can read his guide that helped me here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/337611-guide-how-to-read-tenno-scriptures/

For reference, we'll use this: Tennobet1.jpg For starters.. the letter keybinding might take some practice but it's easy to understand and get the hang of, the trick is spelling things with a sense of "sound" instead of proper spelling.

Let's look at the word "Weapon" at the bottom. It's a 5-character word, not 6. The rule of vowels is missing where one vowel changes the sound of another, each vowel has it's own unique sound without the help of one another making there be 11 vowels. "Weapon" would quite literally be spelled "wepun" ('w' is a vowel though which I explain later on, you really would be writing this as "ooepun", or while using this font, you would type "oepun")

The reason I'm talking about this is because having the font is one thing, but using it properly is a whole other thing. Use that image to reference how words are spelled, like "The" - "th-u-h". One character provides the 'th' sound (which is really the symbol for the 'dh' sound), the next provides the 'uh' sound, and for some reason they put another 'h' at the end.

As far as the font is concerned- all vowels ('w' counts as a vowel in this language as far as your keyboard is concerned) have 2 sounds. I tried separating short vowels and long vowels into the alphanumeric lower case form and upper case form. So "uh" sound is lowercase 'u' and the "oo" sound is uppercase 'U'. The "oo" sound is also the lowercase 'o', and the "oh" sound is the uppercase 'O'. By rule, the 'y' doesn't exist in tennobet and is to be replaced with the long "ee" sound. So the 'y' character produces the same character that a capital 'E' provides. Makes sense? Lowercase 'e' does the 'eh' character, obviously.

Now I said 'w' is a vowel in tennobet because there is an "aw" sound and and "ow" sound, examples "Law" and "Now". Lowercase 'w' does the "aw" sound, uppercase 'W' does the "ow" sound character. Most consonants that only produce 1 sound create the same character for upper or lower case.

The letter 'x' does not exist AND there is no replacement or substitute character for it. So my name "Krux" would be spelled as "Kruks".

'X' on the keyboard doesn't produce anything other than a small space, not one large enough to separate characters though, the space (spacebar) itself was buffed to accommodate the characters stretching outside of their character box.

..Now, getting more into the language.. if you look at this please-

Tennobet2.jpg

If you look at the characters downwards instead of across, you'll see 'p' and 'f' have a similar design, the "ef" sound is considered a variation or 'accent' to 'p'. This is consistent along "most" characters. 'v' is an accent of 'b', 'th' is a variation of 't', so on and so forth. Now I say "most" because there is an accent on 'L' which would make it seem like it's a variation of 'H' even though they sound nothing alike.

Note though, there is a huge pronunciation difference between 'g' and 'j'. To write "gesture" or "danger" would not be spelled with a 'g', but with a 'j'. "dAnjir" is how you would type "danger" in this font. Capital 'A' to produce the long 'a' vowel as opposed to short 'a' as in "apple".

The spacers and emphasis markers are keyed to the period button and comma. There are 2 forms of hyphens, one produces a smaller space than the other. Press the hyphen key after a number character for normal spacing, but after a sound character, press Shift+hyphen (Underscore) for better spacing after a letter. That is all, hope you enjoy.. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6G9j8llG170YWxkdHp2MUN6YjA/view?usp=sharing

[Update: 10/8/21] - Please see this post: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1283030-my-google-account-has-been-getting-dinged-with-requests-for-this-tennobet

-----------------------------------------------

[Update: 10/8/21] - Please see this post: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1283030-my-google-account-has-been-getting-dinged-with-requests-for-this-tennobet

[updated] Official Corpus Font... https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6G9j8llG170SGJRVGtWX2VfYms/view?usp=sharing

Rules of Corpus Font:

These rules are also like Grineer and Tenno where there is no Q and no X.

There 'C' character is actually "ch" but there are examples of this character being used as a normal 'C'.

There are examples also using the 'K' in place of the 'C' to produce the proper sound but unlike the tennobet,

this is not a phonetic language. Words are still spelled character-for-character.

This font has both the skinny corpus font and bold corpus font. Using lowercase characters will give you the skinny lettering, and capitals will give you the bigger characters.

The corpus only have 2 numbers, '0' and '1', presumably for binary. The bold versions of these numbers are simply Shift+ 0 or 1 (characters ')' and '!')

Corpus Font... unofficial obviously since there's no DE official translation, a couple characters needed to be hand-created, there's no "rules", this is just a letter for letter translation. I would have used the characters that replace other characters accordingly to their language but - their writing is written in plain english using their characters so I opted away from doing that.

[updated] Official Grineer Font... https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6G9j8llG170MUl4MmR1V0NNYzg/view?usp=sharing

Rules of Grineer Font:

There is no letter 'Q', this sound is created by the letters 'K' and 'W' (KW).

The 'C' character is not a true 'C' and cannot be used for words like "Cat". 'C' is actually the "ch" sound and the 'K' character would be used for "Cat"; spelled "Kat".

The 'X' character also does not exist and this sound is created with the letter combination: 'KS'

All numbers are included, the '@' and '#' are included along with the '?'

To type the Grineer logo as a single character, use the '!' Exclamation point.

Grineer Font...This, like the Corpus font, is unofficial since there's no DE official translation. This is community translated. This font actually does have at least 1 rule to it that can compare to the tennobet. They are missing the letter 'Q' and it seems to be missing from their language in general, not "undiscovered".

The best example is in the word "queens" which is spelled "kwueens" in the grineer language.

This font has additional characters for question mark (?), period (.), and comma (,) and all numbers are included.

Edited by -Krux-
Post addressing change of download location
  • Like 2

I am truly amazed. I hope to be able to write with this alphabet, it definitely looks amazing. I must confess, I never thought it would actually be an alphabet, nor did I thought these decorations on the Warframes meant something at all!

I would like to ask: some phrases and words are encased in a sort of wider decoration, like Hayden Tenno and Evolution - do those symbols follow a code as well, or are they just ornamental drawings for the words?

I am truly amazed. I hope to be able to write with this alphabet, it definitely looks amazing. I must confess, I never thought it would actually be an alphabet, nor did I thought these decorations on the Warframes meant something at all!

I would like to ask: some phrases and words are encased in a sort of wider decoration, like Hayden Tenno and Evolution - do those symbols follow a code as well, or are they just ornamental drawings for the words?

the art around the characters is just that, art. It becomes a small challenge separating the art from the words but once you recognize, memorize, and can read the characters, than the art is very visible. I didn't mean to learn reading tennobet but it happened from working with the font for as long as I have.

the pronunciation reminds me a large amount of welsh, hm.

i like to compare this to japanese, I tell people that it's a "sound-based language"

It's a phonetic language

Edited by -Krux-

I guess none of you saw the font I created a few days ago.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/339630-orokintenno-font-v2/#entry3800098

nice but I'll admit, I disagree with some of your character placement.

I won't get into specifics but it comes down to user preference.

Not discouraging you, I know how much work goes into it, obviously.

i read yours actually, I wanted to credit you in the op but I forgot your username, I'll put it in op myself. Thanks.

I've linked to this in my guide now :)

I guess none of you saw the font I created a few days ago.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/339630-orokintenno-font-v2/#entry3800098

I've taken the liberty of linking to your thread as well. I figured you wouldn't mind. If you do, let me know :)

I opened a thread dedicated to all those players that, like me, have started trying writing stuff using the alphabets found in Warframe, and would like to share their creations. We can also ask for suggestions and spellcheck (especially for Orokin writings, since a good part of the userbase is not an English mother tongue speaker, and IPA is not an easy thing anyways).

If you see this message now it's because I saw Krux's thread and thought it would be a good idea to merge mine into his thread.

Here below you will find some of my humble attempts.

"Profit numbs the feeling" Corpus writing on the cover of my new agenda

Ubywwz1.jpg

"Snaiperskaya Vintovka" Corpus and Orokin writing on the first page

eBnVg1q.jpg

Various names and sayings in Orokin language

0a7pRr1.jpg

WCTGlVT.jpg

FDXyzzz.jpg?1

I invite every player who fancies such an idea to get started right now! Let's see your skill guys!

Edited by Vintovka

I have a question about the alphabet itself. Not all sounds in English are represented, or that's what I get from the correspondences sheet. Some letters are replaced with others (the "w" is written using the "oo" letter), but I have some trouble choosing which letter to use to write the unstressed vowels. In IPA, English unstressed vowels are always written as a short "i", or as a "schwa" (the symbol is the flipped over "e"). The consonants should all be fine.

Anybody willing to help me understand more?