Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Of All The Ways To Nerf Viver, You Picked The Worst One.

SolarDwagon

So, there's a bunch of issues here.

1) The issue was a terrible reward system that encouraged exploit-farming because without it end-gamers faced nothing to do for ages.

2) Nerfing frames does not change the problem.

3) Nerfing frames just creates replacements. I can think of at least a couple of ways to get similar results. Probably with reduced efficiency, but still a long way ahead of the gameplay that is supposed to occur.

So, my feedback and suggestions.

A) Reverse the LoS changes. LoS was what made Radial Javelin such a terrible ability in the first place, in that tiny pieces of cover can break calculated LoS and render it useless. It doesn't even make SENSE on Mag.

B) Listen to the hundreds of amazing suggestions on how better to structure the Syndicate system. It's a great idea, you just have given it terrible implementation.

C) DON'T NERF FRAMES. Nerfing frames just makes life so, so much worse for those without the ability or motivation to exploit, while those that exploit/break the game/use their tools fully will always find ways to compensate. You're never going to beat these people at their own game.

D) Instead, create an environment where there is no perceived need for exploits-Don't base it off XP, base it off standard of mission completion. Don't make rewards cost days of normal gameplay. Don't make rewards make it harder to progress. Don't force competition.

And I guess,

E) You already forced a gameplay change with the points system change. Be happy with doing one thing at a time next time you need to change.

Edited by SolarDwagon

So, there's a bunch of issues here.

1) The issue was a terrible reward system that encouraged exploit-farming because without it end-gamers faced nothing to do for ages.

2) Nerfing frames does not change the problem.

3) Nerfing frames just creates replacements. I can think of at least a couple of ways to get similar results. Probably with reduced efficiency, but still a long way ahead of the gameplay that is supposed to occur.

So, my feedback and suggestions.

A) Reverse the LoS changes. LoS was what made Radial Javelin such a terrible ability in the first place, in that tiny pieces of cover can break calculated LoS and render it useless. It doesn't even make SENSE on Mag.

B) Listen to the hundreds of amazing suggestions on how better to structure the Syndicate system. It's a great idea, you just have given it terrible implementation.

C) DON'T NERF FRAMES. Nerfing frames just makes life so, so much worse for those without the ability or motivation to exploit, while those that exploit/break the game/use their tools fully will always find ways to compensate. You're never going to beat these people at their own game.

D) Instead, create an environment where there is no perceived need for exploits-Don't base it off XP, base it off standard of mission completion. Don't make rewards cost days of normal gameplay. Don't make rewards make it harder to progress. Don't force competition.

And I guess,

E) You already forced a gameplay change with the points system change. Be happy with doing one thing at a time next time you need to change.

There's an economic problem inherent in this as well.  They've left the players who did grind and effectively exploit Viver keep their standing, so now a VERY limited group of people have access to content that a very LARGE group of people will not have access to for months.  These people were already demanding 200 - 300p minimum for their faction's mods, and now they're exclusive suppliers with no chance for competition in the near future.  Syndicates have become a flustercluck of problems for this game in a very short time.

Completely agree, I mean they nerfed Excalibur which cannot be used at high level after the Radial Blind nerf and they did that ridicolous thing that they called "Excalibur Buff" and then they nerfed the buff transforming him from a Mid-Level killing machine in a Perfect Decoration in your Inventory, just like the one that they have on their offices. Then they decided to kill Mag completely destroying one of her 2 abilities that make her be useful against Corpus(as a Mag user I'm really angry of this), then Trinity which is one of the most balanced Warframes(still do not understand the motivation of this nerf) and at the end Limbo which his real funcion was to be a living Energy Recharge for the team, now I don't think there's a real reason to use it on other missions except Capture and Sabotage.

Just GG DE on Nerfing Warframes that should be revamped or leaved as they are, next time instead of randomly hit Warframes with the Nerf Hammer try to get on the root of the problem, cause after this nerf I think that you don't want to see that at all.

Edited by Redskull94

DE is ruining this game! We need a fix for this! Fast! With the current course of actions this game will end up in the deepest pit there is. Maybe we should call PWE for help....

On topic: OP I am very sorry, I am only able to up vote your post once...

Edited by Scr4mp

I have no words for how this update was made... from a developers view, I still can't even imagine what went through their minds when they shipped this untested (all placeholders, untested frame changes), broken update shipped with lies ("the players have spoken")...

And no one is a winner in this situation, not DE, not the vets, not the beginners, no one.