Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whomever Thought A White Background Is A Good Idea

Phantasmo

Have you noticed the bottem left hand of the forum, where you can revert to the old design?

I ask, not to belittle your problem, but because I feel fine with it, and maybe it'll work for you?

Otherwise maybe you can adjust the brightness, and whatnot, on your screen?

Oh thank you! I got home and refreshed the page I'd had up from last night and was like "My eyes!"

Bright colors hurt eyes, make everything difficult to read, and drain the battery of AMOLED displays.

Basic web design: text should be easy to read.  Red over white is not easy, not in the slightest.

thats all true, but at the end the bling bling and marketing good looks, wins over having dull or dark/sad colors.

Edited by 7grims

"Whomever Thought A White Background Is A Good Idea"
has failed website/forum design 101 and the track record of forum design practices throughout the last couple decades.
There is a reason forums are made with a dark background and dark font.
I learned that very fast early on when I was creating forum communities.

Any updates to the forums including header, version numbers, and any other site updates and upgrades.

It will look how it looks now forever unless they decide to update it later on.

>it will look how it looks now forever

Good.

I would like different background options, but otherwise? Good.

thats all true, but at the end the bling bling and marketing good looks, wins over having dull or dark/sad colors.

Except at the point where you constantly, consistently, disenfranchise your own core, devote, playerbase who in no uncertain terms holds the basis of support for your product, morally and fiscally and eventually lose it altogether.

Look at Sony Online Entertainment. They've been going at it for a long time now.

How many PR SNAFUs, lies, firing cycles, closed divisions and financial troubles? How much hate on poor Smedley's head?

If Warframe is to end as SWG and seppuku in four to five years, by all means, carry on.

"Oh, but it is only a website change."

That would be ignoring the entire past track record. The pattern is evident. Factoring where all everything leads at the point of convergence does not require a diploma in statistics and number theory.

You're only playing on the axis of time until the sine reaches half pi.

Bright colors hurt eyes, make everything difficult to read, and drain the battery of AMOLED displays.

Basic web design: text should be easy to read.  Red over white is not easy, not in the slightest.

The whole website is a step backwards in my opinion.

Have you noticed the bottem left hand of the forum, where you can revert to the old design?

I ask, not to belittle your problem, but because I feel fine with it, and maybe it'll work for you?

Otherwise maybe you can adjust the brightness, and whatnot, on your screen?

You, sir, are a lifesaver.

The blinding has reached 9000!  Ouch!  For cripes sakes man, we're gamers. How the hell did all this sunlight get into my cave?  Sheesh, it hurts.

Seriously, white background, painfully bad idea, I need dark backgrounds.

So much truth in this little post, it could form the basis of a new religion.

I game with subdued lights, curtains closed to reduce glare on the screen. The VERY LAST thing I want when gaming is to tab out to the forums during a break between intense missions only to be blinded by a poor choice of forum theme that is anathema to their core demographic.