Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Red Forum Text Needs To Be Changed.

Sitchrea

Please, DE please....

This was completely unnecessary to do. Not that I am apposed to giving a new aesthetic appeal to the game, but, why red text???

The red-on-white text burns everyone's eyes.

Could we get a bit of a darker shade of white, and change the red to blue? it would fit the aesthetic of Warframe ('cause who the heck came up with red?!) and would make reading a lot less painful.

Literally, it's painful.

Please, DE please....

This was completely unnecessary to do. Not that I am apposed to giving a new aesthetic appeal to the game, but, why red text???

Could we get a bit of a darker shade of white, and change the red to blue? it would fit the aesthetic of Warframe ('cause who the heck came up with red?!) and would make reading a lot less painful.

Literally, it's painful.

I have to quote these to give my +1 upvote for now.

Apparently, there is a quota of upvotes you can use daily. I had no idea a limit existed. But I keep getting an error message that says, "An Error Occurred - You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day".

I'll come back after midnight to upvote these though.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Please, DE please....

Literally, it's painful.

Completely agree 100% with your solution. 

what bothers me is the fact that this is clearly a professional work, and one of the first things you learn in design and art (if you study a related career off course) is that using the pure color is never a really good idea... it's not really the problem that is "red" but why the brightest most saturated red possible?... it looks like a kind of red that would work in traffic signs... but definitely not good for a social website in which people will be reading... the same applies to the white... why not a bright grey with some very subtle colors mixed in it?... i just don't get these colors as professional design decisions.

Nope.jpg

Faulty workmanship should not be excused like that on a professional level.

It's not being excused... The reason you can still use the layout is for people that do not like the new one and are against change. Just because they prefer the old one does not mean something is wrong with the new one.

It's not being excused... The reason you can still use the layout is for people that do not like the new one and are against change. Just because they prefer the old one does not mean something is wrong with the new one.

Plenty of reasons have been given to why the new theme is not exactly an upgrade.

The only one I have seen is that is it has the color red. God forbid.

Using red against a bright white background is difficult to look at. Over time many player's eyes will get sore from it because the colors contrast far too sharply.

One may think, "Boo-hoo, get over it," but the problem remains  that:

1: Red-on-white leads to discomfort when viewing the forums

2: Switching to "Dark" theme prevents usability due to lack of updating (For some reason. Makes no sense.)

3: Red should not have been used in the first place because it has never been part of the main color palette for Warframe - it's out of place here.

If the red was exchanged for blue, viewing would be easier and it would fit the aesthetic of Warframe better...

Actually, it would fit the aesthetic of Warframe, because red doesn't at all.

After a day of using it, I can safely  say I've gotten used to the white background. And though the red color ISN'T that jarring as well, I do feel like it ought to be changed to a light blue just to keep with the Tenno theme a little better and generally be easier to see.

Please, DE please....

Literally, it's painful.

I agree, way to offensive choice of colours.

Using red against a bright white background is difficult to look at. Over time many player's eyes will get sore from it because the colors contrast far too sharply.

One may think, "Boo-hoo, get over it," but the problem remains  that:

1: Red-on-white leads to discomfort when viewing the forums

2: Switching to "Dark" theme prevents usability due to lack of updating (For some reason. Makes no sense.)

3: Red should not have been used in the first place because it has never been part of the main color palette for Warframe - it's out of place here.

If the red was exchanged for blue, viewing would be easier and it would fit the aesthetic of Warframe better...

Actually, it would fit the aesthetic of Warframe, because red doesn't at all.

Fair enough.

Anyhow here is the current color scheme with blue

C6TawDz.png

eeeq1.jpg

I believe that red links have no place on the Forums. Red is for broken links.
Even a child understands Red means Stop.
You shouldn't click on Red to GO places, that's the opposite of what Red means.
It's also quite jarring and painful on the eyes.
It's as if DE is trying to murder us all through optical trauma.

4Rq4mK7.png

keeping two themes updated is a waste.  So why keep the theme with the color scheme that the majority dislikes as the one that's updated?

Edited by VocalMagic