Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Overall Usefullness When Compared To The Other Melee Weapons.

Renan.Ruivo

Just tried it for a few hours. And i think it underperforms when compared to a lot of already estabilished weapons such as the Scindo, Fragor, DHS, Dual Ethers and a few others.

The "bouncing" needs to go. It needs to go clear through enemies so that we can kill them in lines, or at least have it's charge damage boosted to 175 or maybe even 200 to even bother using it in stead of other weapons.

Another option would make it "intelligent". After it bounces from the first surface, it looks for one or two other enemies to cut before returning.

Those are some of my opinions. I honestly didn't think it should stay at it is, on it's first iteration. It needs balancing and further work IMO, if not in the ways i described then in some way that makes it balanced when compared with the other weapons. For such a "signature" weapon for the entire Dark Sector and Warframe franchises, honestly i am dissapoint in it.

Opinions?

I believe that in one of the AvP games, the throwing disc could lock on multiple targets up to a limit before being released. Then it would fly and kill all those targets.

Maybe that could work here, since you'll have to stay still while you mark your targets.

Not sure where I stand on the issue myself, don't have it yet.

But, it seems from watching a video that the return flight is unaffected by hitting enemies...

Suggestion: Throw the Glaive past enemies, move so the return flight path makes it hit them. (Wiki says it bounces off RIOT shields anyway, this tactic should work there as well)

Edited by Alienami

What's the accuracy like at long range? I'm wondering if you went with a short range weapon as a primary (e.g. boar) and have a pistol that is best at medium range, this could deal with the occasional enemy at long range.

It's laser-accurate actually. Just have to get the lead down.

It doesn't seem to crit though. Otoh, it headshots targets.

It shld be a dual weap, less speed but more base dmg and the normal attack shld also be a throw. Like 3-5 meters. It shld somewhat look like the chakrams, Axel uses, in Kingdom Hearts. Less flashy, tho.

Even if not duel it shld be thrown on normal attacks!

Couldn't agree more, Ruivo. Another nice addition would be the ability to track and control it {to whereever you're aiming at} after its thrown just like the AvP discs, it doesn't stay in the air for too long after all, might not be as OP as it sounds. That and the removal of the ricochet would compensate nicely to the downside of being almost defenseless as you wait for the Glaive to return {while ignoring the fact that you can actually shoot, but come on, who'd want to shoot when you have a Glaive? lol}.

PS: Maybe they could remove the bounciness through the Puncture mods, just so people have a reason to use them.

Edited by CapricaSix

Man,  "Give them an inch, they take a mile" is no more truer then this thread.

Out of all the crap weapons they came out with that requires Plat or a super rare BP, this is hands down the best they came out with.

Are you guys complaining about the bouncing off enemies? What do you think that means?  It means you S#&$ is weak and needs upgrades.

I have fully upgrade the killing blow...and it just slices through 3-4 enemies like butter.

This is a F-ing nice weapon, in comparison to what the have previously release.  But It looks most of you wouldn't be happy unless it was laser guided with explosive tip!

Making a comment when it only level 9 isn't constructive. You are just wasting our time. Come back when it is 30 and fully moded.

The only thing I would change about this weapons is that I wish you could shoot in while in air, but its not that big a deal

Edited by Spinner187

OP is right, the bouncing needs to go. Every other melee weapon I have causes more carnage.

Are you guys complaining about the bouncing off enemies? What do you think that means?  It means you S#&$ is weak and needs upgrades.

I have fully upgrade the killing blow...and it just slices through 3-4 enemies like butter.

Yes, rank30 with maxed out Killing Blow and elemental mods for even more damage. The first person hit is always gibbed and the glaive ricochets in a random direction. It's not because it's low level. Also, if your doing it when not hosting, lag can either: A, let your glaive fly through mobs while killing them getting multiple kills, or B, it flies through them and does no damage. But if your HOSTING, where no lag is present, it will always bounce off the first one it kills. The bouncing needs to go, otherwise the weapon is "don't host or gtfo".

Edited by Nako-Chan

Just thought of it: another nice addition could be the manual cancellation/retraction of the Glaive while it's in the air, an after-charge attack or a regular attack could do, since it has absolutely no function after you throw the Glaive.

Edit:

The only thing I would change about this weapons is that I wish you could shoot in while in air, but its not that big a deal

That is because it's not a pure ranged weapon, if you could throw it while in air, you wouldn't be able to do jump-attacks then. Personally I'd rather keep the jump attacks than the ability to throw it as you jump...

Edited by CapricaSix

I disagree with idea that Glaive should cut through enemies in a line. Might as well give slash dash to every other frame while you are at it.

As is stands, the weapon is a tradeoff. You are given a weapon that is free to use at range, and does absurd amount of damage on a single target. To compensate for this you give up your melee efficiency. Is this a fair trade off? Depends on the frame, but in general I would say probably not, however it's not a massive drawback as some make it out to be.

What needs to be fixed is how bouncing works. If it is manageable, or you can guarantee 2-3 bounces after the first strike, I would argue that would fix the weapon. Have it deal less damage per bounce as well. As of right now it's a bit too random unless enemies are clumped together.

Edited by mmSNAKE

As of now I haven't played with the glaive but from watching others the only buff I think it needs is to not be ricocheted off of enemies. Added charge damage would make it OP, but having through a line of Infested would just be awesome.

I disagree with idea that Glaive should cut through enemies in a line. Might as well give slash dash to every other frame while you are at it.

As is stands, the weapon is a tradeoff. You are given a weapon that is free to use at range, and does absurd amount of damage on a single target. To compensate for this you give up your melee efficiency. Is this a fair trade off? Depends on the frame, but in general I would say probably not, however it's not a massive drawback as some make it out to be.

What needs to be fixed is how bouncing works. If it is manageable, or you can guarantee 2-3 bounces after the first strike, I would argue that would fix the weapon. Have it deal less damage per bounce as well. As of right now it's a bit too random unless enemies are clumped together.

Ya cuz slash dash only deals 150 damage and ash 1 is not throwing a shuriken -.-

A fragor AOE knockdown+cold damage is not similar to rhino stomp. A shade does not do the same thing as ash and loki invisibility. /sarcasm

Seriously, im an ash and rhino player and you don't see me complaining about weapons that do those 2 frames' abilities (AND does it better!).

If the glaive is silent then its VERY useful. Its a insta-kill (if you mod it right) silent ranged weapon with infinite ammo.

EDIT: does anyone know if it does AP damage?

Edited by sewens

My opinions :

# They should really remove the annoying sound

# Should not bounce off targets and shields

# should return back to user upon hitting any hard surface

# should have 50%  armor ignorance ! (like old amphis)

# should fix the problem in online play when you are not host

At the current version of Glave... i regret buying it with platinum....

I really cant hit anything with charged attack while playing online !

I think the Glaive ignores armour.

I would also like to note that based on personal experience, the Glaive does less damage (from 300 to 62)  if you have an armour-piercing mod on it, so if you have one you might want to remove it. It doesn't seem too weak to me, tbh.

My opinions :

# They should really remove the annoying sound

# Should not bounce off targets and shields

# should return back to user upon hitting any hard surface

# should have 50%  armor ignorance ! (like old amphis)

# should fix the problem in online play when you are not host

At the current version of Glave... i regret buying it with platinum....

I really cant hit anything with charged attack while playing online !

It should not return back to the user on hitting a hard surface. The ricochet is part of what makes it awesome, it just shouldn't ricochet off enemies. Or at least there should be a mod that makes it penetrate enemies.

I think it ignores 100% armour; wiki says so and Grineer take full damage from the charge attack. Dunno about the normal attack.

Online play depends on latency. Some people report it not doing damage; my experience is that it will penetrate through everything and do damage, ricochet, and do damage to everything on its way back as well. Usually kills everything.

The concept of glaive would work better as a secondary, it wouldn't fly back and you would have ammo for it instead, this was the concept DE talked about in the 3rd stream and I don't understand why now they went for melee instead. After all why should I renounce to the ability to really melee for a 3rd ranged weapon?

The concept of glaive would work better as a secondary, it wouldn't fly back and you would have ammo for it instead

The Glaive is actually based on the very same weapon from The Dark Sector and works pretty much the same way from what I've seen {though I dont remember if you could go melee with it in DS, but it was a boomerang-y weapon}. I'm not really against having throwing weapons but Glaive itself seems to work fine this way aside from the minor inconveniences mentioned earlier.

Besides, its not a ranged weapon, you can do regular attacks and jump attacks with it, only the charged attack throws the weapon, which is quite brilliant if I may add. Think of it as a javelin that you can stab people with and then throw it to the dude in the back.

Edited by CapricaSix

I like the idea of it homing in on 1 or 2 more targets, but only if you hit your initial target. Honestly the main reason why I got the glaive was because I wanted to start doing trick shots around corners and such but even then the ricochet can be horribly unpredictable at times even on a flat surface.

I vote for the homing idea but with less damage per target hit to balance it out (something like 25% reduction on second hit then 50% on third hit), otherwise I'd just prefer to switch it out with my main weapon as it takes forever for the weapon to come back leaving you with no melee capabilities at all.

I honestly like it the way it is.  As it stands you can easily get it to hit multiple targets if you bounce it right.  Furthermore you can bounce it around corners and hit enemies that are otherwise out of line of sight.  It's a skill-based weapon, not something that anyone can pick up and master in 30 seconds, which is a very good thing in my opinion.

If you really want damage in a line: throw it past enemies.  As someone already mentioned in this thread the return flight is unaffected by enemies and still deals damage.