Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Executions? Why We Need Them?

Coverop

We already have 3 different kinds of executions: 1) Stealth finishers, 2) Ground finishers and 3) Counter finishers

The problem is that they are highly inconsistent (surprise, surprise... not really):

* Counter finishers deal finisher damage, makes you invulnerable meanwhile and knocks the target down after. These are the best ones

* Stealth finishers deal finisher damage, but doesn't make you invulnerable meanwhile, nor does it (a few weapons do though) knock target down after.

* Ground finishers do NOT deal finisher damage nor do they make you invulnerable meanwhile. This is also the only finisher-type benefitting from the Finishing Touch mod too...

If they all dealt finisher damage, all made you invulnerable meanwhile, all knocked down the target afterwards (except for Ground Finishers, since the target is already down) and all benefitted from Finishing Touch, then we at least have something CONSISTENT to build upon.

Then they could get other fixes/additions, such as being faster (baseline) and even stuff like a mod that caused all the different finisher attacks to also be dealt in an AoE around the executed target... hey, that could be an addition to the FINISHING TOUCH mod, then it might be worthwhile to equip sometime :D

And NEITHER of these finishers have the option to be performed with the actionbutton (X) rather than your meleebutton (E). The option to choose between which of those 2 keys to trigger them would be neat imo.

I don't think that's the best solution. For one thing, anything that completely obviates enemy level is problematic. I don't agree that a commonly-available maneuver should be able to kill a level 300 enemy as easily as it kills a level 1.

For another, locking it by weapon level end up being very arbitrary. It means a MR0 player who just maxed his skana had access to powerful maneuvers that an MR19 player who just forma'd his Dragon Nikana can't perform.

The game is based on levels; end runs around level disparity should be rare.

I actually wouldn't care though.

Why shouldn't a MR0 player with a maxed out skana, one shot kill enemies using finishers/executions?

Only problem I see is veterans or hardcore players complaining about it being OP, when in fact it is targeting ONLY 1 target. An enemy can easily see and shoot at you. If you have napalms firing at you, it would be even worse.

I feel it would make players play a little smarter. Pick your targets carefully given the situation.

If DE feels it's OP, then remove any invulnerability. Make the finishers be able to get knocked out of, like you're in the middle of the finisher animation and a bombard blasts you and knocks you off your target, preventing you from doing the kill/finisher, and hence no damage, saving his buddy from you.

It is OP, and it's inconsistent. It makes stealth even worse, because you can only do it if your weapon is maxed out. And, at the same time, your weapon mods become completely irrelevant. A level 30 Skana with no mods at all becomes just as effective as a level 30 Dragon Nikana with six formae  fully modded for maximum damage.

I'd be okay with stealth finishers immediately killing an enemy as it would make all the risks associated with spending time assassinating a target and staying undetected worth doing. I would also like it if stealth finishers were done via the action key rather than the melee key, giving me the option for a normal melee attack for trash enemies that don't require such a dedicated amount of time to kill. 

I wouldn't tie the ability to assassinate an enemy to the weapon, rank, or anything else. It takes skill to do, and time to execute. Rewarding skilled gameplay shouldn't be frowned upon in favor of arbitrary levels and mods. 

Right now the entire stealth assassin aspect in Warframe is missing, which is really odd as "being a ninja" is a major thematic in this game. Stealth finishers not being absolutely detrimental would really tie together all the other stealth related activities that they've added as of late. 

Edited by Acos