Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improving Useless Rooms

Daimonknight

1. Barracks are pretty much a waste of space once you upgrade the room has no use, I was thinking that they could give a bonus to clans, maybe and affinity boost, or resource boost you can collect, one idea was to have the boost based off offline hours which would sort of make inactive members somewhat useful. (idk just a thought)

2. Reactors: anyone with a decent sized clan knows that reactors could take up a ton of forma, I have a small shadow clan and 14 reactor rooms = 14 forma = 14 days of building = 2 whole weeks, for a room you'll never set foot in after it's built. my idea it to reduce this by having reactors be upgradeable to a point maybe rank 5 or 10, and all you'd have to do is put in some extra resources or even give us a special interaction with excavation missions to keep unused energy cells to use for the dojo.

3. Oracle: this room is a prerequisite to build chem, energy and bio labs, mine is in the basement and i bet no one in my clan knows it exists, i was thinking maybe it could be like a weapon library, giving players knowledge and player opinions on certain clan weapons or weapons in general with build suggestions and if the weapon is worth your time to forma, or if it's even fun to use

4. Observatory: this room is useless beyond compare, it doesn't even do anything. How about we use it as a mission control like the spots in the relay, i know ppl will say "well it's already in the relay" yes it is, but what about my clan members that just finished killing each other in the duel room, or came to drop off some pigments and are like "oh crap we missed one" it would be nice to just go to the observatory and launch the mission without the drama

5. Music: The Dojo is boring as all hell sometimes, it'd be nice to have maybe a handful of songs we could play in individual rooms. Guys imagine being in a duel with something like mortal kombat music playing, or in a garden with some peaceful music in the background

6. Temple of Honor: This is also a pretty useless room, and the description says "A place to meditate on achievements of the past", that is a big steaming lie, all you have in there is a statue of loki and no room to put up decorations, why not increase the space for decorations in the room and just like the pigments in the tenno lab, give us the chance to hunt bosses for armor pieces to make statues of them in the room or around the dojo, or let the room give use statues for things like, Defeating a boss with melee only, or completing a planet with the braton only, achievements like that.

New Room Concept
Kubrow Den/Nursery: Tired of paying the Lotus to take a Kubrow you didn't need off your hands? Tired of trying over and over to get that last kubrow type you need? Why not put it up for adoption in your clan, let someone take your puppy eyed disappointment off your hands and have them pay you instead, cuz fk paying the Lotus, she's just gonna airlock it anyway 

Please help get this to the attention of the devs if you feel like these are needed 

Edited by Daimonknight

7. Halls. You've got to build them in order when you really only need one. So to build the biggest you end up with four of them, five if you include the clan hall. They become obsolete rooms. We should be able to upgrade one to the next size and have it take it's place if space allows.

7. Halls. You've got to build them in order when you really only need one. So to build the biggest you end up with four of them, five if you include the clan hall. They become obsolete rooms. We should be able to upgrade one to the next size and have it take it's place if space allows.

i dont really mind the halls, I let ppl decorate the lesser ones and keep the main one sorta the way I like

yea rooms like oracle, i mean why they are even there ? the observatory i think if i remember correctly DE said there will be missions there and stuff not sure or it was Dc universe league halls, im confuse. Anyway the point is dojos right now only exist for trade and weapons schematics , more interactions and purpose in most of the rooms would be nice

Reactors only take 12hrs to build.. If you have 14 reactors you must have a pretty big dojo and that was by choice.. I have a 4 floor multi-segmented dojo and we have 18 reactors with only 36 energy leftover. It would be nice if as Firetempest suggested reactors became an "upgradable" thing with modules/coils/what have you to build into it.

The observatory as stated when it was first shown is to eventually have the same use as the one in the relays.. This will most likely come to fruition when DE moves dojos to the relay servers.. Steve has mentioned this possibility in a recent livestream..

Hall of honor was created primarily for event clans so that we would have somewhere to properly display our trophies.. It was something clans like Warbros, Warbreed, EGT, etc. asked for. My clan has 7 glorious event trophies to display, but this room needs a redesign for sure. The center figure (currently Loki) was supposed to be part of a sort of "player of the week" thing and it would change to represent that players frame or something of that nature. Also, it's decoration limit was increased originally it was 15, but I believe and now it's up to 50 or so.

Pretend the Oracle is a temple, put up some decor and call it the "Church of RNGesus" or something. A little imagination goes a long way.. Your suggestion for it to be a library is asking for DE to let us write to the server basically. Any possibility of this ever becoming a reality requires that the dojos be moved to the relay server.. Something again, Steve has mentioned possibly happening in a recent livestream..

There is (1) Dev primarily in charge of dojos and he rarely comes to the forums.. Most of these posts go unseen because of that fact. Last I talked to him as a favor he pushed some stuff up to the art department and they put up that dojo decoration poll/sandbox.. Your best bet is to post ideas there.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/324654-dojo-decorations-poll/

Music would be nice though, i'll give ya that.

Edited by Gurzil

Does any one know if the doors at the top and bottom of the reactor room connect to their respective floors?

They do not. Those "floors" are just there for aesthetics.

OT: Personally I wonder if the Oracle couldn't provide "teasers" of the next update - either on that liquid video screen, or as some kind of interactable hologram projector. It may be a pain to code, but it'd certainly fit the idea of the room.

A library is cool too, though. Perhaps an advanced Codex?

The most useless rooms are the clan great hall and clan greater hall etc.

I built the reactor, then saw that only one node was available- so I built the next clan hall-

only to find that the clan great hall also only had one node- so I started construction on the clan greater hall.

Now I just have a bunch of empty space and now, FINALLY, I have two rooms, so I can construct something useful without it leading to a dead end.

What am I doing wrong?

The most useless rooms are the clan great hall and clan greater hall etc.

I built the reactor, then saw that only one node was available- so I built the next clan hall-

only to find that the clan great hall also only had one node- so I started construction on the clan greater hall.

Now I just have a bunch of empty space and now, FINALLY, I have two rooms, so I can construct something useful without it leading to a dead end.

What am I doing wrong?

you should have built a cross connector or a garden, branched off for a reactor room, well reactor corridor 

Barracks

Agreed, they are a total waste of space once built. Each tier barrack even looks identical to the last. Would love to see each one grant bonuses, or, at the very least, have them look a little different.

Reactors

Being able to upgrade them in-place, same way you would with mods, would be a fantastic idea. I could see each reactor having five ranks, with rank 5 providing 5x the power. However, each upgrade comes with a cost, and takes the reactor offline for 12 hours or something. This would ensure that it wouldn't be "abused" and keep within the current building / upgrading takes time style of play.

Oracle Room

Yes, this could definitely be a neat place, if some interactivity is added. I could totally see it, as someone else mentioned, containing a Clan Cephalon that manages your clan's codex, research labs, and treasury. In fact, you could even consolidate the Treasury posts into this room, and players could walk up to the Cephalon and speak with him / her in order to make donations of either credits or resources to the clan. The game lore could even be slightly adjusted to reflect that the Clan Cephalon uses donated resources to fund and pursue research projects, after which the Cephalon makes the completed blueprints available within the lab. Maybe even have a miniature projection of the Clan Cephalon at each lab console!

You can continue along this train of thought by having the Clan Cephalon manage the "Clan Codex." Imagine a small-scale version of Simaris' Sanctuary. The Clan Codex could contain data collected by clan members performing scans of various enemies. Any clan member could browse through the completed codex entries within the Dojo's Oracle room, for reference, but then could pay a fee to the clan in order to copy the codex data to their personal store, managed by Cephalon Ordis. This Clan Codex could also contain all information about weapons and Warframes that have been fully researched by the clan, allowing players to read over their stats in-game without needing to visit the Wikia to determine which blueprints to buy from the labs.

Rolling further along, the Cephalon could tease upcoming items, perhaps by making offhand remarks when greeting certain ranks of clan members, perhaps even being a bit snooty to lower-ranking clan members but greeting Treasurers and Warlords with lines like, "Greetings, Treasurer. Will you be providing me with the funds to begin more research today?" or, "Hail, Warlord. I think you'll find the results of my latest investigations quite intriguing."

If it isn't apparent already, I love the idea of the Cephalons, and I think it would be fantastic to have one specific to clan Dojos, and it could all be based out of the Oracle room as the Cephalon would manage the clan's treasury and lab research - and still be canon! Perhaps the Warlords could even give the clan Cephalon a custom name when he / she is brought online for the first time.

Observatory

Agreed, as this is another truly useless room. It's pretty, but doesn't do anything truly useful. Mission Control does seem to be the most obvious, but I would also love to  expand on that and use it as a room for social gathering - including trading posts, arsenal adjustment platforms, and so on. From there, the clan could host their own internal events, raids, what have you, and no one would need to be bouncing around through Lisets, Relays, or various chats to to try and coordinate with other people. Granted this can be small, given the scope of the clan, but I think it's still got a lot of potential nonetheless.

Music

Afraid I keep my Warframe volume too low to really notice any Dojo music, so I can't comment on this one. :P

Temple of Honor

Edit: The map tile now shows as of 16.4.4.

Not only does this room's tile not show anywhere on the minimap, it's also, in general, kind of useless. I do get that it's for showcasing event and / or clan achievement trophies, and that idea is great, but the positioning system for this particular tile makes it difficult to place any kind of trophy very accurately. I'm OCD and like to have everything neatly lined up, but the snapping grid won't allow it.

Furthermore, as you mentioned, it really needs room to add other decorations. I absolutely love the idea of being able to build statues for each boss by collecting armor pieces from them or by accomplishing certain feats on the boss missions. Love it.

All in all, this is yet another area of the Dojo with tons of potential that could use a good amount of TLC.

Kubrow Den / Nursery

Another splendid idea. I could see a large room, maybe based on the Earth tileset style, or perhaps a style selected by the architect when building the room in the first place. The Dojo system could allow maybe one or two of these at most, and then use it as a place to send Kubrows you don't want to consign to the Lotus. The only problem I can see with this is the genetic degradation, but DE could implement an entirely new mechanic like having the Clan Cephalon control "nurse" robots that consume a certain amount of clan resources regularly, to keep the Kubrows healthy.

Then, as you said, clan members can come in and adopt Kubrows at will, or, if a Kubrow is left there for more than, say, a month, the Clan Cephalon automatically consigns it to the Lotus, paying out of the clan's credit pool to do it. I could see it being a way to troll the clan, but still, it's an interesting concept. Maybe a checks-and-balances system could be put in place that requires members of a certain rank or higher to allow the Kubrow to be accepted into the clan's nursery area.

--

Sorry for my spiel on a few of those, but these are some really awesome ideas, and I'd love to see them put into place! I'm mostly intrigued by the idea of a clan codex and a Cephalon that manages it, but I'm biased. :P

Edited by Azimuth64

Barracks Bonus would be an excellent idea. +1 on that.  As well as all the other ideas.

Some things to add too would be a Simulacrum Room in the dojo.

Not to mention the "docking bay" so other tenno may visit.

I am hopefully assuming that some, if not all, these suggestions and pre-claimed-soon to come features of 2.0 dojo (e.g., mission control in observatory, etc, test dummies, etc) will be released along the timeline of when they open up the Clan Section in the Relays.

Need to Change that to the statues to change it like everytime (Warframe of the day) or something like that

i think it would be better if you said that players can choose a rotation of statues to display, having a random rotation just seems out of place

I would be in disagree, if rotates... makes bit bizarre in my opinion..., just like i mentioned, just changing it to another kind of statue n't to rotate it...

I believe DaimonKnight simply means that you should be able to build a custom list of Warframes that the Trophy Room statue will cycle through regularly. You sound like he said the statue itself should physically rotate, which was not what he meant.