Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gamersfirst Partnership

CapricaSix

I've just noticed this and I apologise if there was already a thread on this. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind:

What does this mean really? What can we -as players- expect for the future of the game? Are they going to handle the cash shop pricing, development and marketting decisions from now on or is it still DE's responsibility?

And more importantly -even though it's not my place to ask but- was this really necessary... K2 Network/GamersFirst are well known for their abysmal management skills, bad decisions and overpriced cash shop with the games they've got and milked such as APB Reloaded and Fallen Earth {much like Perfect World Entertainment in the sense of a money-hungry big evil corporation image that swallows good games, but probably worse}.

I'm just quite worried that Warframe will be only going downwards from this point on, considering their record...

Edit:

http://www.gamersfirst.com/games/index.php?gameID=35

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/forum/937-/

Edit 2: CLARIFICATION FROM DE_STEVE

Hey guys this is just a portal/distribution arrangement, just like Steam is. DE runs/manages/screws-up Warframe, not anyone else.

Think of this in the same way as Steam - promotion, exposure to new users, and nothing villainous. :)

Sorry for the grief and confusion, I should have posted a heads up.

Edited by CapricaSix

I didn't know anything about this partnership. Link?

In the OP, edited just now.

As an APB player, I'm worried.

But I'm going to wait for details before doing anything.

I'm right there with you...

Edited by CapricaSix

woaahhhhhhhh!!!! nooo!!!

They ruined APB imo(Ive been playing that game since RTW), anywhere i can find out more info about this?

I just hope G1 doesnt have any say in the development.

But ill need more details before passing judgement on this deal.

Edited by theclinton

woaahhhhhhhh!!!! nooo!!!

They ruined APB imo(Ive been playing that game since RTW), anywhere i can find out more info about this?

I just hope G1 doesnt have any say in the development.

so can someone tell me what they did with apb?

This is indeed troubling as I did play games overseen by Gamersfirst and it wasnt the best gaming experience.
Nearly everything that put you at same level with other players was for money and limited time, even the tiniest things required money.
We already have color schemes for plat but with Gamersfirst we'd have to pay for every single color.
I know DE is developing Warframe as a Free2Play game and the only money comes from plat and Founders program but there must be a better way for financing...
As this isnt related to the gameplay itself (at least at this stage) I, as a player, will withhold any judgement till we are given details about cooperation between DE and K2.

I'm also worried that THEY HAVEN'T MENTIONED IT.

so can someone tell me what they did with apb?

They trashed the game into a pay-to-win sh*tfest, to put it as simply as possible.

Edited by BraveDude8

So from the intial replies I can construe that Gamersfirst is a bad publisher that turns good f2p games into Pay2play

And I agree with above poster, why hasn't there been any official mention of it?

EDIT: Perhaps it's just another way for people to get Plat, or delivery system like Steam.

Edited by Shion963

So from the intial replies I can construe that Gamersfirst is a bad publisher that turns good f2p games into Pay2play

And I agree with above poster, why hasn't there been any official mention of it?

Maybe it might be because is like 3 am where DE is? 

I would like to think that with the insane amount of passion the DE team has to get this game right, that Dev's like Steve and such would sooner light the place on fire and quit in a blaze of glory before they see their baby turned into another bastardized product of big business. But I could be wrong.

I have no experience with Gamersfirst, but you folks haven't painted a rosy picture. I am hopeful that this is merely another avenue of distribution, not unlike Steam. I'll reserve my panic for the time being.

Ok by the looks of the links, they are using Gamersfirst to help distribute and market the game. Prayerfully, this deal includes zero rights to development or management of the game.

Edit: Like Morcant just said before me, similar to how they use Steam.

Edited by Aramahn

They trashed the game into a pay-to-win sh*tfest, to put it as simply as possible.

I can confirm that. Not to mention selling "permanent" weapons {PS: all the "free" inferior weapons in APB are normally leased for ingame money} for about $40-60, which is quite mental considering they balance the weapons to death a month later. Along with $20-30 worth mostly half-arsed low-res outfits which are purely cosmetic in a game that takes pride in customisation. That's all well from a business stand point but f2p players are being completely left out in this case.

Basically they've stopped adding new content to the game aside from ridiculous little "fun" additions that break the game which nobody asked for and random grind events {ever since the original went bankrupt because of their debts}, instead they started adding more and more into the cash shop, leaving the bugs and exploits in their place, ignoring players' demands/suggestions {nearly no communication aside from taunting people on the forums on a personal level} and more importantly ignoring the game and server performance which is deteriorating with every new patch they release. Killing the game one patch at a time and milking the playerbase, still a fun game but they're just bad.

That being said, I'm saying all this under the assumption that Gamersfirst have merged with Reloaded Productions {APB devs} thus the decisions they make are the same, so anyone feel free to correct me. I've been playing that game for 3 years and only seen it go from bad to worse in the sense of management.

It's like the complete opposite of DE.

Definitely troubling news... Looking through the links and announcements, there's not a single positive thing to be said about Gamersfirst.

I was going to buy myself a founder's pack during the weekend or early next week, but after finding this information I think I'll wait until someone at DE sheds some light on Gamersfirst's role in the partnership.