Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flamethrower (No S, Sadly Not Plural)

Surtur

I, and I am sure there are others, am a flamethrower fanatic. I really love them. Currently, the only one in the game is the ignis. To say the least, it is weak

To go into detail

It has low damage, low status chance being based on status per second, has a very limited range, and doesn't force a fire proc.

Advantages it has are being an elemental weapon, cone of effect, infinite punch through within that cone, and being a f****** flamethrower.

What I am about to say will sound a bit greedy because it is a bit greedy, but I would like to see either a new flamethrower (maybe use the ignis as a prerequisite), a buff to the ignis, or an ignis syndicate mod.

Off topic things would be a change in model to the ignis (a unique model that isn't grakta), maybe a bigger model that is similar to real life with the gas packs on the back or something. Also, veil flamethrower or veil syndicate mod.

Long live flamethrowers

Let's burn the world together

Hail the veil

Metal lover

Sleep deprived

Surtur

Edited by Surtur

Embolist is also a "flamethrower", it fires a "gas cloud" that deals damage in the area.

If we get another "flamethrower" I hope it isn't just another generic one like Ignis, I want to see fun ideas, like Embolist, but... more functional lol

Also, is the Napalm using a flamethrower or is he just shooting firebombs?

Edited by DarkTails

Embolist is also a "flamethrower", it fires a "gas cloud" that deals damage in the area.

If we get another "flamethrower" I hope it isn't just another generic one like Ignis, I want to see fun ideas, like Embolist, but... more functional lol

He shoots napalm projectiles / rockets.

Limited range? LOLWut? Are we talking about the same Ignis?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=284442172

That's before I got the rifle range mod, the name of which escapes me. I want to say Primed Reach, but I know that's the melee one.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Ignis, and it definitely needs some love. I recently sold mine to free up a weapon slot for a Synapse. But range isn't it's problem. It IS a flamethrower. NOT a sniper rifle. Or rocket launcher. It needs more damage. Or better ammo efficiency. Or something. But not more range.

Ignis having quite a long range is not absurd at all. You see, even WWII German Flammenwerfer is capable of projecting flaming liquid up to 25m forward.

What I don't like about flamethrowers is that I'm never sure whether it reaches its target or just wastes fuel.

Edited by LABAL

That's before I got the rifle range mod, the name of which escapes me. I want to say Primed Reach, but I know that's the melee one.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Ignis, and it definitely needs some love. I recently sold mine to free up a weapon slot for a Synapse. But range isn't it's problem. It IS a flamethrower. NOT a sniper rifle. Or rocket launcher. It needs more damage. Or better ammo efficiency. Or something. But not more range.

I am not saying it needs more range. I believe the range is good. My point is how weak it is for it's limited range, and that ignis needs a buff. Also, that a new flamethrower would be appreciated. 

You could classify them as the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I love the embolist and Red Veil made me pick it up again. I just want to see the ignis, and maybe even the embolist to some degree, buffed. 

The mod name, I daresay, is Sinister Reach.

Ignis should have focused fire like Phage. Conical fire for crowds and focused fire for single target.

Increase status chance to 20% while also setting enemies on fire (no panic effect) regardless of mod combinations like Acrid and Castanas.

Increase base damage to 30 while unfocused and 50 while focused.

Increase reload time to 2.8 secs.

What I am about to say will sound a bit greedy because it is a bit greedy, but I would like to see either a new flamethrower (maybe use the ignis as a prerequisite), a buff to the ignis, or an ignis syndicate mod.

Off topic things would be a change in model to the ignis (a unique model that isn't grakta), maybe a bigger model that is similar to real life with the gas packs on the back or something. Also, veil flamethrower or veil syndicate mod.

All the forum crybabies would whine about "wah i have to have a weapon to make another weapon wah" but I think it'd be hilarious if we could combine an ignis and some materials or an ignis and another ignis into some sort of huge super-flamethrower. One with a proper fuel tank strapped to our Tenno somewhere and better stats.

I'd love a flamethrower that can go toe to toe with the Amprex.

Actually, you are wrong. The ignis hits unlimited enemies in it's range. This means against more and more enemies, the ignis is far superior than any other weapon due to it spreading damage (albeit average) across every single enemy, versus alot of damage on a single enemy. 

We need a new tenno flamethrower in the game that focuses more on liquid propellent, to let us have a thinner, longer range stream of fire that has a very high status chance. 

or, at least for now, let us have the Napalm's weapon once it gets a new remodel 

I use the ignis all the time, it's just fine for medium tier content. 

Edit: or actually a chemical thrower would make more sense, since we will be shooting ice, radiation, electricity, etc. as well as fire. 

Edited by superbot34

Require Ignis + Ogris to create a firebomb launcher like Napalms have.

no please don't give DE any more S#&$ty ideas with combo weapons like that, until DE lets us save weapons outside of our inventory that we can only use for building purposes. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a flamethrower. Because it doesn't throw flame. It sprays gas.

Ignis needs a buff. It should really just have very high status chance and some extra damage to make it worthwhile.

It's not a flamethrower. Because it doesn't throw flame. It sprays gas.

Talk about weapons in terms of archetypes, let's not have super specific pedantic discussions.

Embolist and Ignis work the same in this game, they release a plume of damage. They're both "flamethrowers".

Edited by DarkTails