Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Crashes Midgame (But Works Without Image)

RedScaledOne

Ok I searched the Internet, I sreached the forum but I found nothing for it.

Error Description:

While playing Warframe from time too time the game get's stuck.

It loads a while (Around 3-14 Seconds) and then comes back without an Image, but I can hear sounds. When I press Shoot or open menü I can hear that the game still works. (My Friends can see me Moving.)

The Warframe Inlay is usually a white Screen sometimes grey.

here is my system 

28465d7134.png

Warframe is the Only Game that has this.

Edit:

Same Problem with Windows 8.1

Edited by RedScaledOne

same problem ....

ever since update 16 game crashes frequently

tried about everything

disable sli,

running 32 bit

lower settings

re installed graphic drivers

and so on

always gpu crashes ...

i do not have that problem with other games .....when crashing there is always a peak to 100 % gpu usage ....there it crashes

Edited by plons

I payed 200 Bucks for the Game and it isn't working. (Not ranting just saying)

Support mails takes weeks to answer I am a soldier and I have nearly no time other than on Holidays (Wich I have at the moment)

I would love somekind of support in anyway. A support Hotline or chat please... something faster than Tickets..

When I get these crashes, it freezes for some time then goes black just like you said. Sometimes I get lag spikes very similar to this but my GPU seems to "recover" and I can keep playing. Perhaps the black screens are the result of a failed recovery...? (just my tech noob guess)

When I get these crashes, it freezes for some time then goes black just like you said. Sometimes I get lag spikes very similar to this but my GPU seems to "recover" and I can keep playing. Perhaps the black screens are the result of a failed recovery...? (just my tech noob guess)

I wish I would be able to force it to crash so I could see hwat went wrong but haviong no error log at all really kills me.

after some observation 

the crashes occur always somewhere in wave 30 in defense missions .....;mostly i infested 

gpu peak to 100% 

then gpu driver crash game display freeze .......controls and sound still working

forced to restart game

...no problems with other games..... 

after some observation 

the crashes occur always somewhere in wave 30 in defense missions .....;mostly i infested 

gpu peak to 100% 

then gpu driver crash game display freeze .......controls and sound still working

forced to restart game

...no problems with other games..... 

Did you tried to install an older Grafik driver? Did it worked?

I have the same problem.

It appears to be a driver related problem. I'm currently using the NVIDIA 347.88 driver with a GTX 970. Sometimes I can play for hours without any problem, but sometimes the problem occurs in the first mission I load...

At first I thought it's because of Dxtory and/or shadowplay, but I guess it's a rather commen bug.

I really hope DE works on a solution.

I have the same problem.

It appears to be a driver related problem. I'm currently using the NVIDIA 347.88 driver with a GTX 970. Sometimes I can play for hours without any problem, but sometimes the problem occurs in the first mission I load...

At first I thought it's because of Dxtory and/or shadowplay, but I guess it's a rather commen bug.

I really hope DE works on a solution.

Did you tried an Older Driver? Sadly I can not swich back to an older drive due to Windows 10 (needs a lot of manual editing) but if you could try it it would be awesome.

Still no answer from support to this issuse?

Does a support even exist for this game?

Support tickets is 3 Weeks old now no reply so far.. feeling like getting pissed on after I bought the game in beta and now that I have payed I am off teh charts... feels really depressing. Why you do this warframe?

Trouble description:

I have a similar problem - but it starts as soon as the game loads, after pressing 'PLAY'. I can hear the audio - but have no picture. I have founds the disabling DX11 & DX10 allows the game to run normally. I would like to be able to run the game with its intended DX11 functionality.

My system specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel i5-4570 @3.2GHz

RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator @1866

GPU: GTX 760 

GPU Driver: 347.88

Storage: OS is hosted on 256 GB Kingston HyperX 3k SSD; Game Files Hosted on Samsung 500GB 850EVO SSD

Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Gene.

Chipset: Z97

I am willing to provide multiple system logs and screen caps to support.

Having the exact same problem, tried switching to borderless windowed mode as suggested by a friend of mine. That only made it even worse though, instead of crashing once every hour or so the game started to crash 2 to 3 times every 30min.

The game freeze and I "crash" to desktop but if I tab back up the sound is still ok and people can still see me move in-game, I however only see my desktop screen.

CPU: Intel i7-2600k

RAM: (16GB) 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 1600MHz

GPU: GTX 980

GPU Driver: 350.12

Don't have any similar issues or crashes in other games.

I'm compiling all the reports as it's been going on for at least a year now.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/443120-the-crash-to-desktop-permanent-minimization-during-a-mission-bug-or-good-luck-trying-to-play-a-long-mission-bug/#entry4920121

and yet the Dev's have done nothing, nor have even bothered to provide a decent reconnection option (I've also included a link to a complaint about how reconnecting during a Def/ intercept mission resets your rewards)

Edited by WereFowl

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...