Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

False Profit Event

Latiac

Hint - TL;DR at the bottom of the post if you don't feel like reading anything

I'm sure there are probably dozens of threads on this event by now. But I feel like I should make one to adress issues I have had with the event so far. (I'll add any other things to this post that other players have experienced while playing this event, you can see what has been added under the 'EDIT' section at the bottom of the post.)

First thing's first. Stunning the thing - I'm pretty sure this could be classed as a bug, I was stood quite literally next to it Spamming Paralysis and ground slamming the ground with my Dakra prime and could never get a stun effect, needless to say it eventually worked but it took about 20 Paralysis attempts and about 10 ground slams... And alot of getting 'Stunlocked by the new Bursa's slam attacks' which made me waste a fair amount of Health restores.

Second thing is actually hacking the moa. I hacked the moa and waited a pretty long time for it to get to 100% transfer, Looking after a mass of destruction trying to kill you isn't always easy. and a nullifier walking around a corner doesn't make things any easier at all. Needless to say I killed it after 100% which resulted in my credits getting refunded and it being an overall failure. I quite literally wasted 5 to 10 minutes 'babysitting a mass of destruction' for nothing.

[Zanuka Hunter showed up during the time aswell so I guess the mission wasn't TOTALLY worthless]

Also in Co-op squads only the host gets the rewards. as seen during the Prime time stream. I imagine that'd would cause some rage amongst players.

The last things I noticed is that playing this event in public matches is a big N.O. Pubs seem to kill the Bursa's without knowing and generally don't listen to the communications nef is transmitting.

Also the event seems like a big credit sink. alot of us don't have many credits anyway due to the Void trader being here recently, Buying new weapons and levelling up mods.

I'm not saying the event is a bad thing. I just personally think it could be modified to be better overall. the Wait times being cut in half would be great, clear instructions on how to stun the thing would also be wonderful and less RNG spawn-ins. Whatever happened to those nodes where they were GUARANTEED to spawn in, similar to the manic event and the Hyena Facility TA.

This feels like a massive chore to do currently and doesn't feel fun OR rewarding in anyway. I don't want to eventually complete this event and remember the Quanta Vandal as 'the weapon that I got for doing that chore of an event' or the Bursa as being that 'Dreaded enemy'

I feel like many people share the opinions I have, I hope this event is fixed with bugs being ironed out and made more sensible. I really do apprecitate what you do for us the community DE. but this Event was almost as bad as Eyes of Blight and is currently a bug fest. Please fix this.

The community have also reported that the Bursa moas can quite effectively stunlock players to death due to how fast their attack speed is... Nothing like getting up and getting knocked back down again

Another issue is the mission instantly failing and seizing players credits. so far today i have lost well over 200k credits for the mission derping out and lotus telling me to kill the bursa when it was, infact, the wrong time to do so.

Earlier during a Europa run the mission turned from Sabotage to Exterminate. this caused enemies to endlessly spawn way up into the 300's and made the mission uncompletable. and yes there was a Bursa present so that was annoying

TL;DR - Event is a bugfest and is a giant credit sink and isn't currently fun, Please fix this and make this event more enjoyable and less of a chore.

EDIT: added a little more about Hosts getting the rewards but other members not.

added a bit about missions auto failing due to lotus incorrectly telling players to attack the Bursa.

Added a bit about how the community have reported to get stunlocked by bursa moa's to death.

added a bit about how a mission change to exterminate can potentially bug the mission and make the enemies spawn

forever rendering the mission uncompletable.

Edited by Latiac

I think the assassins spawning in is a bug.

because I've run about 5 missions (gaining 100 points only from a solo run)

and EACH AND EVERYTIME we meet Bursa in a pub the assassins drop in out of nowhere.

and I'm pretty darn sure that isn't coincidence.

I think the assassins spawning in is a bug.

because I've run about 5 missions (gaining 100 points only from a solo run)

and EACH AND EVERYTIME we meet Bursa in a pub the assassins drop in out of nowhere.

and I'm pretty darn sure that isn't coincidence.

If you run the missions solo, I think assasins have a higher chance to target you (Theorised atleast).

I was running solo so it was no wonder why Zanuka Hunter targetted me. It wasn't too much of a problem anyway :P

Done the event 3 times and not getting credit for doing it.  2 times with the 100k and 1 with 10k.  I ran it with a friend.  He got credit for it and I didn't.  I am still 0 out of 1500.  Any ideas.  what I am doing wrong...and yes I did exactly what I am supposed to do.  Stun and start the transfer, I spammed it just to make sure I got it,

Done the event 3 times and not getting credit for doing it.  2 times with the 100k and 1 with 10k.  I ran it with a friend.  He got credit for it and I didn't.  I am still 0 out of 1500.  Any ideas.  what I am doing wrong...and yes I did exactly what I am supposed to do.  Stun and start the transfer, I spammed it just to make sure I got it,

The main post I posted pretty much sums up what you witnessed now. If you were not the host you wouldn't get it. another bug makes it so only the host receives the rewards and points. which is certainly annoying.

Added it into the main post.

At first glance, I have the feel this event was design by someone who is even worse then an amateur.

Dont get how 90% of all the frames existent, will be totally useless or not be able to survive the hacking process.

Being hit over and over for 2 or 3 minutes whitout harming it wile we wait for it to finish, seems crazy absurd, obviously this being warframe, the community already discovered the 2 or 3 unique strategies to win, and the 2 or 3 only frames that can make a successful mission.

Cant, and wont say, this is the worst event ever (cicero event will always be the worst), but it sure wins on being the most absurd event ever.

Edited by 7grims

At first glance, I have the feel this event was design by someone who is even worse then an amateur.

Dont get how 90% of all the frames existent, will be totally useless or not be able to survive the hacking process.

Being hit over and over for 2 or 3 minutes wile we wait for it to finish seems crazy absurd, obviously this being warframe, the community already discovered the 2 or 3 unique strategies to win, and the 2 or 3 only frames that can make a successful mission.

Cant, and wont say, this is the worst event ever (cicero event will always be the worst), but it sure wins on being the most absurd event ever.

I personally don't know what event was worse for me, Eyes of Blight was alright, it wasn't too glitchy but it WAS archwing, which didn't have many mods and variety at the time. But I think this event easily takes the prize for being one of the worst events to be put in game. for the following reasons above.

I wouldn't even bother with anything besides the base offering; the event details say that the Humble (1k) offering increases spawn chance of the Bursa by 50%.  Do it with anyone else and it only increases even if they only have the Humble offering too.

If you run the missions solo, I think assasins have a higher chance to target you (Theorised atleast).

And no.  I've run dozens of missions solo and never had a Grustrag Three or Zanuka Hunter encounter during them.  4 of my dozen or so Stalker encounters were in solo missions.  The spawn chance is a fixed minimum and increased by each player who has the assassin's death mark.  I also think that your total Conclave affects it since 10 of my 12 Stalker encounters were when I was ranking up a new/newly forma'd frame or weapon.

I think we should all remember that the event is only a few hours old and lasts an entire week.  DE will probably try to address some of the complaints about it.  At the very least, the issue about clients not receiving score will be.

Edited by TenguBlade

I wouldn't even bother with anything besides the base offering; the event details say that the Humble (1k) offering increases spawn chance of the Bursa by 50%.  Do it with anyone else and it only increases even if they only have the Humble offering too.

And no.  I've run dozens of missions solo and never had a Grustrag Three or Zanuka Hunter encounter during them.  4 of my dozen or so Stalker encounters were in solo missions.  The spawn chance is a fixed minimum and increased by each player who has the assassin's death mark.  I also think that your total Conclave affects it since 10 of my 12 Stalker encounters were when I was ranking up a new/newly forma'd frame or weapon.

Strange. Maybe it was a giant coincidence that Zanuka Hunter showed up during the event for me then.

Back to the main point of the thread though, that is strange. Never knew the 1k offering increased the spawn chance.

The event is simply terrible. Tedious as hell. The Bursas are very, VERY annoying to deal with. Slowdowns, knockdowns, flashbangs,  and whatever else I'm forgetting. The transfer time is far too long. We spend it every time by simply having a Nyx chain cast Mind Control on it to keep it in place. Doesn't matter which offering you use, you only get 100 points at the most.

Typing this as I just stand here and wait for the transfer. So tedious.

The event is simply terrible. Tedious as hell. The Bursas are very, VERY annoying to deal with. Slowdowns, knockdowns, flashbangs,  and whatever else I'm forgetting. The transfer time is far too long. We spend it every time by simply having a Nyx chain cast Mind Control on it to keep it in place. Doesn't matter which offering you use, you only get 100 points at the most.

Typing this as I just stand here and wait for the transfer. So tedious.

I agree. they should atleast cut the transfer time in half...

Finally got it to work.  The terminal on it's back will turn green and then you can access it and hack that terminal. We are using a Frost to stun it to access the terminal and then we are using a Trinity to lock it down.  Easy as S#&$.  When you do it right you will see Funds Transferring over your screen 0% to 100%.  got 300k in one game with just two.

Edited by Xerinia

Finally got it to work.  The terminal on it's back will turn green and then you can access it and hack that terminal. We are using a Frost to stun it to access the terminal and then we are using a Trinity to lock it down.  Easy as S#&$.  When you do it right you will see Funds Transferring over your screen 0% to 100%.  got 300k in one game.

I think you may have missed the point of what I was trying to make :P

I managed to hack the moa perfectly fine. It just bugged out and said I failed when I did what was instructed to do.

Don't care about any point.  I made a post easier about not being able to get it to work.   I realized that it was a user error, and now I am farming it.  They did just hot fix it saying that was an issue with Lotus giving bad commands, and that they fix it. Other than that, take it as you will.

Another thing that I didn't see anyone reporting is that a Bursa can knock you down leaving you unable to get up, no matter what.

I still had almost full life and shields and I waited a bit to see if it was just a minor geometry glitch but I couldn't move at all and had to abort.

The only good thing is that the offering wasn't consumed since I didn't start the hacking yet.

Since this kind of knockdown isn't a bleedout nor a proper death, this can be a problem even in a team.

im kinda liking the event so far, but more so for the interesting and.... unique AIs brought with these new moa which i've had some fun with.

and this event is not a credit sink at all so long as you are able to kill it after the transfer process is complete (which is a bit harder to do with two people but meh)

also i feel like the show rate for two people is plenty high where we were facing it more often than not which is a moderate shot against playing this solo  but still doable i'd say.

and post event i'd love to see these new moas be added to the standard roster as a sub-boss kinda deal though i would like to maybe see more than just one at once but i suppose that would need some play testing.

The transfer timer should be closer to the speed it takes to flip an interception node. Possibly a tick slower because grindlol. Transfer time as it is along with everything else going on in the tileset is just way too slow for a fast paced game like this. Not saying we need speed runs, but this just doesn't flow correctly with the style of Warframe. 

And let's not get started on this out of transfer range bug. That just adds to the slow misery.

This event is a mess.  It isnt even fun, it reminds me of bashing my head against a wall.  Is it easy to do with a coordinated group? Yes.  Is it in any way fun? No.  Ive had exterminate mission spawn 500+ enemies.  If the Frost with Globe Augment gets unlucky and can't freeze the moa I've seen it wipe out entire groups in seconds.  These moas would be awesome to fight, If only we could actually fight them.