Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Awesome Augments That Needs To Happen

I'm gonna tell this once and for all, I think I have the BEST ideas on Warframe Augments ever. Most we have right now are useless and too gimmicky.

These are the augments that needs to happen :

Ash :

Assassinate(Teleport Augment) - Teleport now auto strikes an enemy using Ash's hidden blades dealing damage equal to your melee stats with 30/40/50% extra bonus damage. [Damage bonus is affected by power strength.]

Banshee :

Force Unleashed(Sonic Boom Augment) - Increases the push strength of Sonic Boom by 50%/75%/100%. Enemies thrown on obstacles or other enemies receives bonus finisher damage. [Push strength is not affected by power strength. Bonus finisher damage is affected by power strength.]

Stormquake(Soundquake Augment) - Soundquake's damage and range increases the longer it is activated. Damage increases by 1%/2%/3% per second and range increases by 1m/1.5m/2m per second. [Damage increase is affected by power strength. Range increase is not affected by power range.]

Frost :

Blizzard(Avalanche Augment) - Creates continous Avalanche every second that deals 90%/80%/70% less damage than normal Avalanche that lasts 5/10/15 seconds. [Damage penalty can be reduced by adding power strength with a cap at 40%.]

Hydroid :

Shivering Storm(Tempest Barrage Augment) - Enemies hit by each missile has 15%/25%/35% chance to freeze for 3 seconds. [Freeze duration is not affected by power duration.]

Loki :

Imitation(Decoy Augment) - Allows you to place up to 2/5/8 extra decoys. Decoys has 500 fixed bonus shields and health.

Mag :

Magnetic Field(Bullet Attractor Augment) - Enemy killed that is affected by bullet attractor passes and restores duration to the next enemy nearby within 5m/10m/15m. Expires when there's no more enemy to pass it to or if the duration expires normally. [Pass range is affected by power range.]

Mirage :

Thermal Prism(Prism Augment) - Prism that is about to expire(below 40% of remaining duration) has 100% chance to inflict fire proc that deals % damage based on power strength.

Nekros :

Spirit Punch(Soul Punch Augment) - Soul punch now locks on the nearest target on your crosshair(works like shock targetting). Widens the cone by 5m on the area behind the initial target and increases both of the damage by 150/250/350. [Cone size is affected by power range. Bonus damage is affected by power strength.]

Nova :

Molecular Link(Molecular Prime Augment) - All enemies that are affected by Molecular Prime are linked to each other(no link visual effects) when you shoot an enemy affected by it all other enemies affected receive 5%/10%/15% of the damage you deal. [Linked damage is affected by power strength. If you are having trouble understanding this ability, imagine Warlock's Fatal Bonds on DotA / DotA2 it works the same. If you do not play those, ask someone else to explain to you because I'm having trouble giving other examples and English is not my native language.]

Saryn :

Surge(Contagion Augment) - Now works on any ranged weapon with 70%/60%/50% less effectiveness. [Reduction can be decreased by power strength with a 25% cap.]

Rhino :

Earthquake(Rhino Stomp Augment) - Removes the stasis effect but increases the damage by 1000/1500/2000 with a guaranteed blast proc. [Damage is affected by power strength.]

Nyx :

Black Hole(Absorb Augment) - Works similarly with Singularity pvp augment but the drag strength is decreased to 3m/6m/9m per second. [Pull strength is affected by power strength but has a cap at 50m per second. Can achieve 50m per second drag at almost maximum power strength(200%) creating a much powerful version of Itzal's Cosmic Rush.]

Mesa :

Amplifying Shield(Shatter Shield Augment) - % of the damage you receive while Shatter Shield is active adds temporary damage boost that lasts 10/20/30 seconds [Damage bonus is affected by power strength and power duration.]

Arcane Shots(Peacemaker Augment) - Enemies killed by Peacemaker gives you 1/2/3 energy. [Energy gain on kill is slightly affected by power strength.]

Pretty awesome ideas right?

That's all I have for now, let me know which ones are your favorite :)

Feedbacks, comments and opinions are appreciated

Edited by XaelathRavenstorm

I'm gonna tell this once and for all, I think I have the BEST ideas on Warframe Augments ever.

And there goes any modesty (self-explanatory), respect (proclaiming yourself to be the best? Really?) and logic (can you prove you're the best?).

Edited by Blackout751

All seems ok,except Banshee's Stormquake and Mesa's Arcane Shots.

Both of these seem pretty OP.

Soundquake already has a big range. 2m/sec is way too much,considering the fact that my Banshee can Soundquake for like 3-4 minutes. Now imagine a Greedy Mag helping my Banshee. Or a Limbo.

Same goes for Peacemaker. It kills,and it is very effective at that. My Mesa uses like 4 energy/sec. If I get 3 energy/sec,I can go on for days if I have a Limbo with me,because I am effectively getting 1 energy/sec for using the ability.

Edited by NN13

Just ignore that I said that "I'm the best" even if I really am the best at this types of suggestions since most of the augments we have are useless(I don't even get why some extremely bad ones like Pool of Life get to pass quality check.)

Just give me a chance and check my ideas out FFS

Ash #3: LOVE IT

Banshee #1: LOVE IT

Banshee #4: Doesn't it seems a bit OP?

Frost #4: Meh, it already doesn't do enough damage... IMO

Hydroid #1: Interesting, that could be a good augment

Loki #1: Good idea, I like it

Mag #3: Looks good

Mirage #4: I thought the power was already super good but... I like this one too

Nekros #1: It could be innate, but I guess it could be a good augment

Nova #4: I get what you mean, but that is pretty OP... But could still be interesting

Saryn #3: Not sure I get this one...

Rhino #4: Eh, why not

Nyx #4: Yes, I like this one

Mesa #3: Good idea on this one

Mesa #4: No please, we don't need this ;-;

Ash #3: LOVE IT

Banshee #1: LOVE IT

Banshee #4: Doesn't it seems a bit OP?

Frost #4: Meh, it already doesn't do enough damage... IMO

Hydroid #1: Interesting, that could be a good augment

Loki #1: Good idea, I like it

Mag #3: Looks good

Mirage #4: I thought the power was already super good but... I like this one too

Nekros #1: It could be innate, but I guess it could be a good augment

Nova #4: I get what you mean, but that is pretty OP... But could still be interesting

Saryn #3: Not sure I get this one...

Rhino #4: Eh, why not

Nyx #4: Yes, I like this one

Mesa #3: Good idea on this one

Mesa #4: No please, we don't need this ;-;

Thank you very much for your comments :D I really appreciate it, the saryn contagion augment now applies the bonus toxin damage on guns as well, for mesa's 4 augment yeah getting alot of negative feedback about it I might change it to a new one.

Thanks again mate

Edited by XaelathRavenstorm

Can you do better?

Mesa augs generally too Op.

Shatter shield augs becomes a more effective Vex armor. 

Vex armor you have to lose health to gain damage. or play smart with Chroma Elemental Ward.

You don't have to lose health with shattered shields and you still gain a ton of damage.

Peacemaker aug is ridiculous. 

Have you played Mesa with Limbo ?

With your aug, Mesa gains energy and won't lose at all.

Banshee

SQ aug too OP

That range is ridiculous and damage.

Considering we already have builds that allow SQ to last for nearly several minutes.

I am sure you can see where this is going.

Nova

MP Aug.... Dude do you know balance ?

Why we need MP to be even stronger ?

200% extra damage, slow and you link them meaning you do far more damage.

In fact, it is not affected by power range meaning ALL enemies affected by MP get extra damage.

The game doesn't need to be easier, cmon.

Rhino

Stomp aug

Remove the only thing that kept Rhino stompers in check. The stasis.

Rhino becomes another press 4 with greater range than Saryn.

Mirage

Prism aug.

So mirage gets another burn DOT damage, on top of blind and laser damage ? :/

The only 2 suggestions remotely sane and balanced are Loki and Ash.

I could critique the rest more, but I will stop now.

Edited by fatpig84

Ash :

Assassinate(Teleport Augment)  -Seems Good-

Banshee :

Force Unleashed(Sonic Boom Augment)    -Good-

Stormquake(Soundquake Augment)    -Too Op-

Frost :

Blizzard(Avalanche Augment)   -Not Bad, but I would prefer something better as augment for this mod-

Hydroid :

Shivering Storm(Tempest Barrage Augment)  -I don't like it, froze effect is not related to Hydroid-

Loki :

Imitation(Decoy Augment)  -seems a good idea, but it should be worked more properly-

Mag :

Magnetic Field(Bullet Attractor Augment)   -not bad as idea, but the number of enemies affected must be limited-

Mirage :

Thermal Prism(Prism Augment)  - Don't like it, no originality, no funny-

Nekros :

Spirit Punch(Soul Punch Augment) -  I prefer much more the actual one-

Nova :

Molecular Link(Molecular Prime Augment)   - Seems Good-

Saryn :

Surge(Contagion Augment)  -Not so cool-

Rhino :

Earthquake(Rhino Stomp Augment)  -Not bad but meh-

Nyx :

Black Hole(Absorb Augment) - It has utility in pvp, but in pve it is useless in most of the situations-

Mesa :

Amplifying Shield(Shatter Shield Augment)   -  I like it-

Arcane Shots(Peacemaker Augment)            -Too Op-

Edited by LordCloud00

They are nice, but not that good. Basically what DE are doing.

Certainly not the best. You are making more things that should be integrated into the  abilities themselves rather than give them unique twists. It's like pumping them with steroids. No.

Make them interesting.

Edit: reserving for feedback later. Need to sleep.

Edited by Evanescent

Mesa augs generally too Op.

Shatter shield augs becomes a more effective Vex armor. 

Vex armor you have to lose health to gain damage. or play smart with Chroma Elemental Ward.

You don't have to lose health with shattered shields and you still gain a ton of damage.

Peacemaker aug is ridiculous. 

Have you played Mesa with Limbo ?

With your aug, Mesa gains energy and won't lose at all.

Banshee

SQ aug too OP

That range is ridiculous and damage.

Considering we already have builds that allow SQ to last for nearly several minutes.

I am sure you can see where this is going.

Nova

MP Aug.... Dude do you know balance ?

Why we need MP to be even stronger ?

200% extra damage, slow and you link them meaning you do far more damage.

In fact, it is not affected by power range meaning ALL enemies affected by MP get extra damage.

The game doesn't need to be easier, cmon.

Rhino

Stomp aug

Remove the only thing that kept Rhino stompers in check. The stasis.

Rhino becomes another press 4 with greater range than Saryn.

Mirage

Prism aug.

So mirage gets another burn DOT damage, on top of blind and laser damage ? :/

The only 2 suggestions remotely sane and balanced are Loki and Ash.

I could critique the rest more, but I will stop now.

Numbers can be easily adjusted for balance

Ash :Assassinate(Teleport Augment)  -Seems Good-

Banshee :Force Unleashed(Sonic Boom Augment)    -Good-Stormquake(Soundquake Augment)    -Too Op-Frost :Blizzard(Avalanche Augment)   -Not Bad, but I would prefer something better as augment for this mod-

Hydroid :Shivering Storm(Tempest Barrage Augment)  -I don't like it, froze effect is not related to Hydroid-Loki :Imitation(Decoy Augment)  -seems a good idea, but it should be worked more properly-Mag :Magnetic Field(Bullet Attractor Augment)   -not bad as idea, but the number of enemies affected must be limited-Mirage :Thermal Prism(Prism Augment)  - Don't like it, no originality, no funny-Nekros :Spirit Punch(Soul Punch Augment) -  I prefer much more the actual one-Nova :Molecular Link(Molecular Prime Augment)   - Seems Good-Saryn :Surge(Contagion Augment)  -Not so cool-Rhino :Earthquake(Rhino Stomp Augment)  -Not bad but meh-Nyx :Black Hole(Absorb Augment) - It has utility in pvp, but in pve it is useless in most of the situations-Mesa :Amplifying Shield(Shatter Shield Augment)   -  I like it-

Arcane Shots(Peacemaker Augment)            -Too Op-

Thanks for the feedback man, tho I didn't get why my idea for the prism augment has no originality.

Numbers can be easily adjusted for balance

Again no.

Even if the SQ deals 1% range per second at maximum level.

At 2 minutes that is 120% extra range.

My SQ CC banshee has a range of 47m.

47 x 2.2 = 103 meters.

A Primed Flow CC Banshee has 638 energy reserve.

1 second of SQ takes 3 energy per second and takes only 6 energy to cast.

That is 210 seconds of constant sound quaking.

The range is enormous and so will be the damage.

Scatter shields aug, even if it is ridiculously low, like 1% damage gain per every 1% shield loss.

That still translate to 100% extra damage even before power strength,

That will further add on to Peacemaker. So Mesa now has even more turret fight damage if she takes a few hits ?

I understand that you have great ideas, but Op ideas are not good for the game.

LOL @people seriously going on about the fact he proclaimed himself to be the best. The guy is obviously joking and promoting his ideas to some extent, nothing wrong there, jeez.

On topic I like all of them, just think sound quake one might be a little op lol.

Thanks man I really appreciate it.

I might replace the Soundquake and Peacemaker augments as they are too much for people to handle :P

Let's ignore where I got this:

Design guidelines:

- Avoid straight buffs, things like just increasing damage directly with no mechanic associated will not work.

- Avoid making Augments that just make abilities work exactly like other abilities.

- Try to introduce additional mechanics.

- Try to think of scenarios that weren't there before that the Augment would allow for.

- Try to fill gaps in a Warframe's arsenal.

- Try to reinforce the themes of the Warframe.

- Avoid removing any functionality from the ability, the Augment should build on top of the existing ability.

Let's ignore where I got this:

Design guidelines:

- Avoid straight buffs, things like just increasing damage directly with no mechanic associated will not work.

- Avoid making Augments that just make abilities work exactly like other abilities.

- Try to introduce additional mechanics.

- Try to think of scenarios that weren't there before that the Augment would allow for.

- Try to fill gaps in a Warframe's arsenal.

- Try to reinforce the themes of the Warframe.

- Avoid removing any functionality from the ability, the Augment should build on top of the existing ability.

Followed mostly, please read some of the augments that I've thought of