Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For The Most Part Warframe Is Balanced.

MattM01

DE Made a great game when they created Warframe and yes it's been going through many changes but for the most part they have kept it damn balanced.

The only issue I have is please stop nerfing weapons. It gets really annoying when you have put a lot of time and effort adding 6 or 7 Forma's to your weapon only to find out it's been Nerfed. Do you do this to encourage other people to buy newer weapons? Other than that I like the game. I like the balance, the game play, the response to which you guys respond to a problem, and the over all it's fun that way.

Ha-ha-ha. Nice joke.

Seriously.  How could you possibly think Warframe is balanced when the disparity of fully modded DPS values of the worst weapon and the best weapon are literally in the tens of thousands?  The Braton is 8k where Boltor Prime is 26k.  How is that balanced?  When you're not let into endgame content because you're not one of 5 builds (irradiating loki, mirage, etc..), how could you possibly think the game is even close to balanced?

I'm glad you enjoy the game.  But spreading misinformation and being a blind fanboy doesn't help anyone.

And if you don't like nerfs, then you don't like balance.  Because nerfing is required to balance a game, just as much as buffing is.

Edited by NikolaiLev

The only balanced part of the game is the tutorial mission. 

This. There's a small, very select group of weapons and warframes (cough Volt cough) that are pretty well balanced, and are neither useless nor overbearing.

It's, as I said, a very small group though.

I guess all those people screaming for shotgun and sniper buffs were delusional and wrong, and the fact that melee weapons are not valued largely by how much damage they do and how many targets they hit in a single swing but by how far they can fling you across the room in a single move is balanced.

The balance in this game is pretty bad actually.

weapons with huge damage and utility disparities

entirely outclassed weapon types (Most low RoF guns like shotguns/snipers)

mods that weren't adjusted for damage 2.0 and are now useless (status mods, physical damage mods)

Frames with abilities that lack CC, damage, or utility without heavy modding while others accel with significantly less modding

enemy CC only avoidable by mods or limiting playstyle to a small variety (Warframe feels like a cover shooter if you don't have a meta build)

Player CC that makes enemies helpless

etc.

It's pretty balanced indeed, for one simple reason:

You can use "bad" weapons in low level maps and you wouldn't miss much content. Lvl 5 Grineer only differs from lvl 70 Grineer in their damage and HP. They have the same drop, they have the same abilities. Not all guns are viable for high level enemies but you're not really "required" to fight high level enemies.

I brought Paracyst (one of the worst weapons in the game) to Mercury and pull enemies off ledges for giggles and it was a fun experience. 

It's balanced in a way that you can use whatever weapon you want, go into a mission and not feel useless.

Try being the guy with a Paracyst on the team full of Boltor Primes. Or better yet, the guy playing Volt on a team with Mesa and G-Mag.

Beyond that, you are required to fight higher level enemies. That's where the prime parts are, that's where the good drop chances and specific materials are, that's where you can find forma, that's where you get credits. You could stay on level 5s, but you'd be unable to experience a significant portion of the game's content. Rewards are clumped up in a few spots that promote the use of cheesy tactics and badly-balanced weapons, and DE doesn't seem to want to change that for fear of angering the playerbase. 

Try being the guy with a Paracyst on the team full of Boltor Primes. Or better yet, the guy playing Volt on a team with Mesa and G-Mag.

Beyond that, you are required to fight higher level enemies. That's where the prime parts are, that's where the good drop chances and specific materials are, that's where you can find forma, that's where you get credits. You could stay on level 5s, but you'd be unable to experience a significant portion of the game's content. Rewards are clumped up in a few spots that promote the use of cheesy tactics and badly-balanced weapons, and DE doesn't seem to want to change that for fear of angering the playerbase. 

*ahem* https://youtu.be/3kskWOgodzQ

Notice that those weapons had quite a few Forma on them...which you have to go to the void to get, and those weapons won't compete at that level without. And those weapons have to be releveled all those times, which is typically done through things that don't really qualify as gameplay, and often don't even use the weapon being leveled. 

Of course, that video is also two years old, so it's not exactly the same situation we're in now.

Notice that those weapons had quite a few Forma on them...which you have to go to the void to get, and those weapons won't compete at that level without. And those weapons have to be releveled all those times, which is typically done through things that don't really qualify as gameplay, and often don't even use the weapon being leveled. 

Of course, that video is also two years old, so it's not exactly the same situation we're in now.

There is a forma on alert right now.  Tower 1 is easier than the derelict. Forma blueprints are awarded in both the derelict and tower 1. You can get around 60 thousand XP for running a survival mission on mars to 20 or 25 minutes, and towers of the same tier are easier than they have ever been if you know what you are doing..

People looking for balance in the game never cease to amaze me.

With absolute balance, all things would be cosmetic as performance would be equal on all levels for everything.

Diversity would be an illusion and all things would be irrelevant so far accomplishments would go.

However I might fancy hyperbole, the end result would be an unsatisfying snore fest and mediocre at best.

I'll agree with OP in that the devs pay attention to their players, an understatement really, but balance is a bad joke. Take away the void and I can make it through the entire star chart as saryn murdering everything that looks at me funny and never have to fire a gun. Then you get to the void and you can combine frames that will take you hours in a t4 survival or 99+ in a defense.

The enemies either shoot BB's or armor piercing hollow points (I know they don't exist) and we go from laughing at enemies because they do no damage to laughing at enemies because we took their one shot kill weapons away.

Even the raids would be a joke to solo if you didn't need to do more than one thing at once.

Balancing Warframe is a pipe dream. It should have been done a long time ago and now, with how big the game has become, it's probably too late.

With absolute balance, all things would be cosmetic as performance would be equal on all levels for everything.

Diversity would be an illusion and all things would be irrelevant so far accomplishments would go.

However I might fancy hyperbole, the end result would be an unsatisfying snore fest and mediocre at best.

People who say this need to stop playing Warframe and find another game, just so they can learn how wrong they are. There's such thing as weapons that fit different playstyles, frames, or niches better: what's best between Soma Prime, Boltor Prime, Opticor, Paris Prime, Dread, Quanta, Latron Prime/Wraith, Braton Prime, and Torid? They are different, but you can't answer my question with a simple "this one" without inciting heavy debate, which shows good balance--different people appreciate different weapons because they aren't so far apart that one makes the rest obsolete.

Also, there's nothing wrong with weapon tiers. But when a MR7 Supra is whole orders of magnitude worse than a Boltor Prime, those tiers aren't balanced either.

Edited by (PS4)WiiConquered

Not really. The reason you want prime parts, forma, materials etc. is because you want your gear to be stronger. Why do you want stronger gear? Because you want to fight higher level enemies. 

You see, it's a circle. 

If you don't wish to use Paracyst on lvl 70 enemies, you won't have to forma it, and you won't have to farm credits to put a R10 Serration on it. You can just kill lvl 5 enemies for fun. 

The only "content" you probably miss is the Raid which requires you to fight lvl 70 enemies. But then again, people generally don't bother killing raid enemies after they're CCed. So there is that. 

I brought a Mirage Supra to the raid. It can't do much killing because bullet spread. But everyone loved it when I put on a firework show. It was fun.

Edited by elele

Seriously.  How could you possibly think Warframe is balanced when the disparity of fully modded DPS values of the worst weapon and the best weapon are literally in the tens of thousands?  The Braton is 8k where Boltor Prime is 26k.  How is that balanced?

Uh, it's balanced by the fact that the worst weapon is an entry level gun available within five missions while the best weapon is an endgame gun that takes a lot longer to acquire? The point behind a progression system is that you, you know, progress.

Also, there's nothing wrong with weapon tiers. But when a MR7 Supra is whole orders of magnitude worse than a Boltor Prime, those tiers aren't balanced either.

That sounds like a problem with Supra to me.

and those weapons won't compete at that level without.

Sure they can. All you really need for T3E or the like is serration, split chamber, and elementals to flavor. It's only for really long duration farming (eg 40+ min T4S, wave 40+ T4D, etc) that you need optimized builds.

Raids are a bit different, but the thing with raids is that 4xCP is virtually a requirement for that and except for the boss fight you'll want CC more than anything else and to avoid killing enemies. (At which point starter excalibro is useful now with the recent buff.)

There's no such thins as absolute balance. Even in chess, someone gets to go first. Bringing up absolute balance is pointless as it doesn't exist. It's like seatbelts: you could say "I won't wear a seatbelt because you can still die with one on", but most people still wear seatbelts because your chances are much better with one on.

Balance is a spectrum, not an absolute. You can make a game more balanced or less balanced.

You can just kill lvl 5 enemies for fun. 

Seriously?