Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash And Excal Using Radial Finisher Augment

WernerShadow

Me and MarPro15(creator of the valkyr hysteria caluculator of warframe builder)

Decided to test if blade storm got a damage boost from Excalibur's augmemt radial finisher here is what we found

Stock damage Ash test 2000-3000 damage a hit with no radial blind with it we got 7500-8000 damage a hit

Aftet this we tested ash with a 220% damage against pyriod the infested boss MarPro15 reported he got a 41k hit on pyriod and he ended him in 4 hits total.

So we can confirm that Ash does indeed benifit from Excalibur's augment

marpro15 here,( the test ash ). 

please not that seeing exact numbers for blade storm hits is very very hard, especially when targetting multiple enemies, which almost always happens. i actually had to cast blade storm a few times in a row before i got some clear numbers, the 41k i managed to get is because of the (propably 1.5x) melee combo counter i had, with rising storm, this can be a lot more, and can land you 100k hits

Edited by MarPro15

Interesting...

Is this viable on High Level missions?

Well Ash ignores armor plus with that 300% boost this should be the most powerfull combo the attacks of Ash has built up a X3 melee combo along with this radial boost it could have a potensial of 44,800 damage per target over a 6 sec duration and since ash has 0 damage drop off i would think this can work just fine end game would need to be tested and we were wondering what effect adding a slow nova into this might do this damage is assuming you have 180% power damage 200+ ofc would make for some intreting numbers indeed Edited by WernerShadow

Imagine a team with Excal with Radiant Finish, Banshee with Savage Silence, Hydroid with Pilfering Swarm and Ash with Rising Storm. So much damage, excellent CC in many forms with that team, and extra loot drops with Hydroid to help keep the team filled up on energy and ammo. 

M Prime everything in the room and break hell looser.

Both Sonar (not what was being discussed) and Savage Silence (what they were referencing) are heads and shoulders above the boost provided by M Prime. Sonar can be 5 (8? don't remember) as strong a boost as M Prime, and Savage Silence is always 1.5x what M Prime can do, but only on finisher damage. Luckily, Bladestorm is finisher damage.

After seeing this thread, I decided to give this a shot in a short 40 wave T3D. It was a little slower than unbuffed Mesa til around wave 15, by 20 it was nearly even, by 30 it had outpaced it and by 40 I can't see anything short of double buffed Mesa (as in, TE Mirage and another buff frame on top of that) or TE+Mesa+Nuke Mag keeping up with it. It also doesn't have issues with energy while rolling (Carrier+EV works during BS) and due to round length, even with Primed Flow and Limbo, Mesa will eventually have to come out of Peacemaker to get energy while Ash can just keep killing. Even at wave 40, the Ash (I was Excal for our run) was easily still one shotting with just ~180% PS, and could have done so with much less had we realized beforehand that Rising Storm scaled off duration. For 20 waves or less, I will probably stick with the normal Mesa meta. If I'm planning on going farther, this is the new go to for my squads. FWIW, it was also much more fun for the team. Unlike a normal Mesa setup, everyone was actually playing the game and not just maintaining buffs.

Excal's Blind is also superior to Mirage's (for defense, from a speed perspective) because it only blinds things in LoS. Normally, if you're looking to spam CC, this sucks. However, in this case it means everything that can actually shoot at you/team/pod can be blinded, and you don't have half the mobs grabbing their face behind a wall somewhere slowing the run down. Just my opinion.

10/10 didn't even think about this. Can't wait til they fix the fall-through-the-floor bug so this feels safer to do, lol

You are so awesome for doing that! I'd love to play as Ash with a setup like that sometime. Wouldn't it be amazing to see people asking for groups like that in chat? 

I'd really like to see someone try it with a Hydroid for more finisher damage and a Banshee for more Finisher multiplier with Savage Silence, I'm curious to know how that would work out. With the right Hydroid build + Pilfering Swarm and lots of finisher damage buffs, I'm sure he could take care of energy for the squad -- and provide extra cc. 

Both Sonar (not what was being discussed) and Savage Silence (what they were referencing) are heads and shoulders above the boost provided by M Prime. Sonar can be 5 (8? don't remember) as strong a boost as M Prime, and Savage Silence is always 1.5x what M Prime can do, but only on finisher damage. Luckily, Bladestorm is finisher damage.

After seeing this thread, I decided to give this a shot in a short 40 wave T3D. It was a little slower than unbuffed Mesa til around wave 15, by 20 it was nearly even, by 30 it had outpaced it and by 40 I can't see anything short of double buffed Mesa (as in, TE Mirage and another buff frame on top of that) or TE+Mesa+Nuke Mag keeping up with it. It also doesn't have issues with energy while rolling (Carrier+EV works during BS) and due to round length, even with Primed Flow and Limbo, Mesa will eventually have to come out of Peacemaker to get energy while Ash can just keep killing. Even at wave 40, the Ash (I was Excal for our run) was easily still one shotting with just ~180% PS, and could have done so with much less had we realized beforehand that Rising Storm scaled off duration. For 20 waves or less, I will probably stick with the normal Mesa meta. If I'm planning on going farther, this is the new go to for my squads. FWIW, it was also much more fun for the team. Unlike a normal Mesa setup, everyone was actually playing the game and not just maintaining buffs.

Excal's Blind is also superior to Mirage's (for defense, from a speed perspective) because it only blinds things in LoS. Normally, if you're looking to spam CC, this sucks. However, in this case it means everything that can actually shoot at you/team/pod can be blinded, and you don't have half the mobs grabbing their face behind a wall somewhere slowing the run down. Just my opinion.

10/10 didn't even think about this. Can't wait til they fix the fall-through-the-floor bug so this feels safer to do, lol

Thank you for testing it further i think there might be many more such conbos around i will be looking into many of the augments and abilitu combos for the time being and i will be sure to post any findings for every one to enjoy and try out

What was your fourth? I've listed Radiant Excalibur, Savage Banshee, Ash, and what else?