Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Kubrow] Chesa Breed Isn't That Useful.

TylerFreeman

if any of you are trying to get chesa kubrow just to see how it works, then let me say a few things about this new kubrow.

like the title says, the loot skill isn't reliable at all for example, they pick up one thing, just ONE thing

F7FnF7l.png

XRKg2B2.png

combined with the fact that kubrow pathfinding and direction is still messed up as ever, I honestly don't think you'll be finding anyone using this kubrow for atleast useful purposes, but hey, least the dog can "disarm". even though I can just bring a halikar and get the same results.

Proposed Solution: Give the Chesa breed's "Retrieve" Ability an innate vacuum effect whenever it grabs an item.

now hear me out, this is something I think most players always bring carrier (prime) to every other mission because at times, every situation seems to get hairy, no matter what, if you're almost running out of ammo and you've killed a squad of three enemies behind you but need to immediately get the heavy unit that's also in front of you, the carrier always helps pick up whatever you need although you could just run for the stuff dropped and deal with the heavy later, but I digress.

about this solutions mechanic is that if you all know what itzal's 3rd ability does is suck in items from a huge range, but what I had in mind is if whenever the kubrow picks up an item, the range of items pulled would probably be 10-20 meters radial so in a since it would probably help alleviate the "carrier master race" type.

Indeed, this kubrow has proven supremely disappointing. Every other kubrow version of a sentinel has proven better at that sentinel's niche than the sentinel was, so I was expecting epicness with this kubrow... but nope, it's just another mastery kubrow.

The kubrow needs to instantly teleport to you whatever energy orbs/health orbs it encounters via the pseudoscience/space magic that connects our health and shields to boost theirs. I would say ammo should instantly do this as well, or they need to have a pouch that they stuff it in and fill you up on occasion when it senses you've run through a certain portion of your reserves. Let them pick up and ferry mods and resources one at a time if they must.

Also, where is this "radically different" look Sheldon promised in the streams? Clearly this kubrow was meant to have a pelican mouth to stuff full of loot or was supposed to have a super expanding chest/belly where it would eat up all dem loots and then come give a few dry heaves and bury you in a pile of loot, but nope, it looks like any other kubrow and performs the loot collection task terribadly.

I call mulligan, do-over, whatever it is we're supposed to call to get the kubrow this should have been.

Yeah.. The only reason I don't use Kubrows, is because I don't need things to help me kill other things. I just need something to help me grab stoof. As in, Carrier(Prime). Kubrows are great. They're cute, they're all around fun to have, and... well.. yeah. But they don't pick up stuff like Carrier, and thus I have no actual use for them, other than acting cute. Even then, they die so easily from Sargas or something. I propose that DE also adds commands for Kubrows. I.E, Stay, Passive, and 'Go Over There' etc etc. THEN, and only then, will I actually use a Kubrow. 

It's all Ku-Bro.

My greatest hope for carrier kubrow was actually being able to use nyx's absorb without my loot bot getting face wrecked, but alas, nyx will remain one of my least used frames because one of her powers kills my greatest quality of life improvement. 

First of all this kubrow as supposed to look different, and it really dosn't. so here is a solution that is fair and functional. 

like carrier, it will run over items or near them to pick them up and store them in it's "back pack" located on the kubrow like an armor piece. then come to you if it's not fighting enemies or come to you when you get low on something (under half maybe?) even if it is attacking enemies. 

There needs to be a limit of how much of each item the Chesa can carry, to make it balanced since kubrows are alot more durable then sentinels are. It will come to you if the conditions mentioned above are met even if it's max storage isn't full of course. I think a fair amount would be calculated by how much maximum of the item you currently have, at 20%. so if you have a total ammo pool of 1,000 rounds and you are getting low, the kubrow can bring you a maximum of 200 rounds before going to collect more. same for energy and health, but perhaps at lower amounts to avoid wasting it (or make it so it stores the extra health for itself if you don't use it yourself?)

being able to pick up unlimited items is too OP for a kubrow, which would make carrier obsolete. but carrying one or even a few items at a time is way too little. 

Edited by superbot34

being able to pick up unlimited items is too OP for a kubrow, which would make carrier obsolete. but carrying one or even a few items at a time is way too little. 

although I can see the reason why it would be OP, but honestly I can cover alot more ground with carrier since this sentinel has no limits on what to pick up

although I can see the reason why it would be OP, but honestly I can cover alot more ground with carrier since this sentinel has no limits on what to pick up

but compared to carrier it dosn't die instantly and you can revive it,there needs to be balance so people will still have reasons to choose carrier over chesa if they want to. 

but compared to carrier it dosn't die instantly and you can revive it,there needs to be balance so people will still have reasons to choose carrier over chesa if they want to. 

Carrier prime is durable as frack, I got downed in a t4 survival and my carrier prime didn't instapop, so that gap has been narrowed.

I just ran a t1d on my equinox for leveling and I'll be damned if that dog didn't pick up a mod, run it over, and sit it NEXT TO ME but outside of my collection range so I had to walk over to it. So obviously, if I'm jumping and parkour 2.0-ing all over the map (as I obviously am), there's no way in hell this dog can keep up with me, the only thing it is good for is animal instinct to show me where mods are to pick them up muh damn self, and in that regard, it may as well be a cat watching me vacuum with that "you missed a spot" look on its face.

This dog needs to pick up any loot it comes across and have it instantly deposited into your inventory. It can use whatever genetic engineering/techno babble justifies the huras cloak or the sahasha shield restore, but picking it up and bringing it to me traditional fetch style to lay it at my feet does not work when my feet are hardly ever on the ground.

Carrier prime is durable as frack, I got downed in a t4 survival and my carrier prime didn't instapop, so that gap has been narrowed.

I just ran a t1d on my equinox for leveling and I'll be damned if that dog didn't pick up a mod, run it over, and sit it NEXT TO ME but outside of my collection range so I had to walk over to it. So obviously, if I'm jumping and parkour 2.0-ing all over the map (as I obviously am), there's no way in hell this dog can keep up with me, the only thing it is good for is animal instinct to show me where mods are to pick them up muh damn self, and in that regard, it may as well be a cat watching me vacuum with that "you missed a spot" look on its face.

This dog needs to pick up any loot it comes across and have it instantly deposited into your inventory. It can use whatever genetic engineering/techno babble justifies the huras cloak or the sahasha shield restore, but picking it up and bringing it to me traditional fetch style to lay it at my feet does not work when my feet are hardly ever on the ground.

you just get lucky. it's shields and health are low and you cannot relive them. no one would choose carrier if the dog can just do exactly the same thing. 

you just get lucky. it's shields and health are low and you cannot relive them. no one would choose carrier if the dog can just do exactly the same thing. 

It's not luck, it's triple the armor and double the HP of standard carrier, it's not going to face tank the world or anything, but it's not the guaranteed instapop that you'd have with normal carrier. And no one is going to choose this dog to replace carrier even if it is less prone to death as it doesn't really collect loot for you. Loot collection is an after thought and it does it soooo poorly it may as well not even have the function.

And actually, carrier sucks up everything that is near YOU, so you have much more control over what gets picked up, plus carrier is a good wingman as it attacks anything that gets too close that might have snuck up on you or it helps you kill faster something you've gotten close to. A kubrow with a similar function would pick up loot at range as it goes about its business, and does not prioritize your targets, it targets things independently so there is a trade off, the kubrow would be more durable, naturally, but there would both be benefits and drawbacks to either choice, so I don't think a proper carrier kubrow analogue would actually be such a obvious choice.

Frankly, I suspect, though I'd hate to, that this kubrow looking like a normal kubrow and having crap functionality is probably because of Sheldon taking so much time off of work to take care of his real life-kubrow. Pretty much every-other dev stream talked about how he was off all week because his new dog needed puppy care or got sprayed by a skunk or whatever. And if this kubrow was phoned in because of that, it really needs to get upgraded to the kubrow we were hyped about from the streams. And if that is the case, the devs should own up to that and tell us this kubrow is just a place holder put in because it was promised to be delivered by u17. And even if it didn't get phoned in because of that, this kubrow should not stay as is. Perhaps there's a conspiracy to keep carrier king of the hill... it did get primed before shade even though shade came before it... even deth cube came before it if I recall correctly.

Additionally, If we are sooo concerned about sentinels loosing relevancy because of kubrow or the other way around, the devs should either give us both sentinels and kubrow, or use this new kubrow armor trick to give us a way to transform our sentinels into smart armor. Turn carrier prime into doggy armor that sucks up loot and shoots anything that gets too close to the kubrow while it goes about its business.

Turn wyrm prime into armor for your kubrow and it will radial stun whatever gets close to the kubrow and shoot at targets in range.

Shade armor could cloak the kubrow in between attacks and attack anything that attacks it, helios melees nearby targets and scans things around the kubrow, djinn attracts enemies to the kubrow for it to shred them while assisting with ultra long range attacks. etc.

But it seems pretty obvious to me that if we're having problems with the "either or" argument, we should remove the choice by saying "both" or merge the two in a meaningful way.

But there is no reason to choose Chesa over carrier...

Who cares if he doesn't die instantly, if he ain't scooping up lots of stuff he's worthless.

Just a waste of space to waste time resurrecting. Extra baggage.

He could have the same functionality as carrier, in the end, those that don't give a crap about dogs shall stick with Carrier.

Besides, it's time sentinels get a quality of life survival upgrade.

Edited by Jinryusai

"or use this new kubrow armor trick to give us a way to transform our sentinels into smart armor. Turn carrier prime into doggy armor that sucks up loot and shoots anything that gets too close to the kubrow while it goes about its business."

This is a pretty cool idea. 

Common, the carrier stuff should be a passif for the Sahasa kubrow ( he is the support ) , and the disarm for the Warhound sunika( trained for battle ) , what we need here is a Kubrow that do other stuff, like licking the wound of his master to recovering little health ( new Raska passif) , or that turn into stleash mode when unseen by the enemys, that hallow the kubrow to make a powerfull stleath attack once by battle ( Hurras passif ) but that new kubrow is useless, even with that disarm, he will disarm the corpus crewman while the heavy gunner shoot at you, they should have stance-training that hallow them a priority focus  !

I was truly looking forward to this Kubrow. I got one, and I hate it. I would rather DE have waited for Catbrows to release it in a better condition than what it currently is, because this thing is the pinnacle of uselessness. The best thing I've seen it do is go 35 meters (exactly) away to pick up a lousy Control Module. Not to mention that in combat, it is always disarming instead of picking stuff up, regardless of the way I have the precepts organized. Useless. And I hate it to say the least. I am just going to keep it locked away in the deepest depths of my stasis chamber chamber, waiting for DE to give it the lovability it should have.

that new kubrow is useless, even with that disarm, he will disarm the corpus crewman while the heavy gunner shoot at you, they should have stance-training that hallow them a priority focus  !

Yeah, this kubrow might not be *quite* so bad if it had priorities like disarming heavy gunners over other enemies or picking up the loot you need in the moment like bringing you all the energy orbs when you are heavily draining energy, but it doesn't, and even if it did, that wouldn't be nearly as useful as carrier that just instantly sucks up everything in a massive radius around you, so this dog definitely needs an upgrade.

Yeah, this kubrow might not be *quite* so bad if it had priorities like disarming heavy gunners over other enemies or picking up the loot you need in the moment like bringing you all the energy orbs when you are heavily draining energy, but it doesn't, and even if it did, that wouldn't be nearly as useful as carrier that just instantly sucks up everything in a massive radius around you, so this dog definitely needs an upgrade.

ugh i just dont understand why they decided to release it this way they KNEW how people wanted it they KNEEEEEEW! thats what i don't understand why cant they just deliver what people wanted. ugh

ugh i just dont understand why they decided to release it this way they KNEW how people wanted it they KNEEEEEEW! thats what i don't understand why cant they just deliver what people wanted. ugh

My suspicions are:

1. Sheldon took too many days off work to care for his new dog and thus his work on the chesa kubrow got phoned in.

Evidence:

Exhibit A: It doesn't look drastically different from other kubrows as promised.

Exhibit B. It's not a clear step above kubrow that came before. Dev's love making the new shiny way better than anything that came before it, this kubrow should have been a mobile, loot-seeking carrier with loki radial disarm and yet we ended up with the performance of a real dog, playing fetch and biting hands, not a genetically engineered/cyborg creature.

2. There is a conspiracy to keep carrier the king of the companion hill.

Evidence:

Exhibit A: When greedy mag's greedy pull became the most used ability in the game, the devs quickly nerfed it. The devs have long known that carrier is the most used sentinel in the game and why, and yet take no action. (In fact, greedy pull interacted terribly with carrier not just on the mag using greedy pull but for other party members. This discouraged people from bringing carrier, further threatening carrier's top position.)

Exhibit B: Carrier got primed even before shade or deth cube that came before. (Suspicion: the only reason it wasn't primed first, even before wyrm, is because then the conspiracy would have been TOO obvious, but we still know what's up.)

Exhibit C: Carrier doesn't even carry things, it collects things. Repeated suggestions to improve warframe's innate loot collection radius and make carrier true to its name in various forms have all apparently been rejected. (apparent by lack of implementation, apparent by creation of a new loot-collection critter)

Edited by Wakeoflove

My suspicions are:

1. Sheldon took too many days off work to care for his new dog and thus his work on the chesa kubrow got phoned in.

Evidence:

Exhibit A: It doesn't look drastically different from other kubrows as promised.

Exhibit B. It's not a clear step above kubrow that came before. Dev's love making the new shiny way better than anything that came before it, this kubrow should have been a mobile, loot-seeking carrier with loki radial disarm and yet we ended up with the performance of a real dog, playing fetch and biting hands, not a genetically engineered/cyborg creature.

2. There is a conspiracy to keep carrier the king of the companion hill.

Evidence:

Exhibit A: When greedy mag's greedy pull became the most used ability in the game, the devs quickly nerfed it. The devs have long known that carrier is the most used sentinel in the game and why, and yet take no action. (In fact, greedy pull interacted terribly with carrier not just on the mag using greedy pull but for other party members. This discouraged people from bringing carrier, further threatening carrier's top position.)

Exhibit B: Carrier got primed even before shade or deth cube that came before. (Suspicion: the only reason it wasn't primed first, even before wyrm, is because then the conspiracy would have been TOO obvious, but we still know what's up.)

Exhibit C: Carrier doesn't even carry things, it collects things. Repeated suggestions to improve warframe's innate loot collection radius and make carrier true to its name in various forms have all apparently been rejected. (apparent by lack of implementation, apparent by creation of a new loot-collection critter)

Maybe.. but i hope they rework it. and actually give us what we've been begging them to do.

You still need to take care of a kubrow, which is extra costs that not all will be willing to do. I, for one, will probably use the carrier anyway even if the dog does exactly the same thing as carrier.