Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Pvp "stutter"

Pythadragon

Has anyone else noticed that the game 'freezes' for brief periods of time throughout pvp matches now? It severly disrupts the game experience and well gets you killed.

I am wondering if this has to do with the change allowing loadouts to be changed midmatch (game having to reload/clear assets on respawn).

Edit: This post refers to patch 17.2.4

Edited by Pythadragon

Seems that this is not just me.

Nighttide77- I consider it game breaking because I have on more than one occasion gotten killed during the stutter by a player who was not so badly affected if at all.

Yeah...when people are dying cuz of stutter, it definitely is game breaking.

Guest Pun-chee

Yes.

It also seems obvious that it freezes for each player indivdually and also not only after/ during death. I've seen players "hanging in animation of running or jumping" for like 2-3 seconds - looked like lag spikes but it has the exact same amount of time I do freeze.

People join and leave shortly after - I guess after their 1st or 2nd "freeze death".

Now that the infinite Energy is fixed we have to face this annoying ***...

This issue seems to also cause huge amounts of lag within the game. This probably happens when the host is getting one of these freezes.

Basically I am noticing more lag and host migrations after the patch and I think these freezes have something to do with it.

after few runs, I can agree with Rakshal, the point is when I was hosting everyone was running smooth, and then after I go again to one public and started to have those freeze things, the point is it's random, and seems related to network/settings from host, I noticed that freezes are more frecuent when someone joins, when was filled the whole match, only the random freeze was when someone dc or joined, if everything was smooth, then not problem. so I guess might there be a problem with Blocked ports. cuz My friend and me we're hosting those ones and no one lagged or got a freeze but public ones with random host, might have those problems and I guess that will be that the source of freeze of many of us :/

The game looks a lot more like it's hanging than it being some kind of network issue.  Of course if the host's game is hanging, it's probably going to affect other players too.  It didn't start happening until after 17.2.4 so I'd lean more towards it being related to changes made in the patch rather than individual network settings that people have.  Loadout changing would probably a good place to start looking.

to me it looks like a lecture on the harddrive that goes through synchronous code. i assume that people playing on solid drives doesnt freeze, if they do, im all wrong

I am on an ssd and  I experience the problem unfortunately.

PS. I once had an nvidia shadowplay bug where it used up all 16gbs of ram while playing warframe. Thus, even with writing to the pagefile I only noticed a tiny bit of stutter, almost like my fps was cut down.

It was nothing like the stutter of multiple seconds we all seem to currently be experiencing.