Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Spy Room: Mission Impossible

mindlord0013

I often run Oceanum, Pluto, a Corpus Spy 2.0 mission. I often come across this spy room. The pictures were taken after I extracted the data (I triggered the alarm). Usually there are 3 fast moving laser traps in the room. The room is literally impossible to complete without triggering the alarms unless you're Loki/Limbo. Even then, sometimes you will trigger the alarms as Loki.

49V5j2L.jpg

The first problem is that this grate is always blocked at higher levels. You can't use it to better time your attempts at the various methods of completing this mission. It also makes it impossible for a warframe that isn't Loki (using decoy+Switch TP) or Limbo to get around the laser traps to try an alternate route to the data console.

pw5hhjD.jpg

The next problem is THIS grate. It is always left open, which is nice... except it's right in the middle of the laser trap. It is possible to do it with a standard frame, but only if you're some godly player that has superhuman reflexes and accuracy. You need to run WITH the first laser trap, then run with the second laser trap before bullet jumping into the grate and not falling back down. Because of the speed of the laser traps, you have around 3 seconds to complete ALL these actions. When this is the only route, I often fail right at the bottom of the grate opening.

CB9M1ZF.jpg

Sometimes the grate on the left is open, in which case you can complete this perfectly with a Loki easily (decoy + switch tp), letting you get into the room to disable the lasers. You can do this by standing at the entrance of the tile. Sometimes the grate on the right is open, in which case you have split seconds to destroy the great, use decoy, then switch with it. If you actually manage to swap places with your clone (instead of just TPing to it), it will likely trigger the laser trap.

BfIZB4t.jpg

I'm all for a challenge, but this is ridiculous. Something needs to be done so players actually have a chance of completing this without triggering alarms. As it is now, you may as well just rush it without regard to a clean run.

I might do a video, a compilation of attempts at this room to show how ridiculous it is.

Edited by mindlord0013

Edit: tl;dr - ^.

Some of the vaults are a pain.

'Alternate paths' with RNG grates are often all closed on higher difficulties.

That said, here's a walkthrough.

Warning - This vault's lousy with 'gotcha'-cams.

When the first grid is returning (going right), run past it and the next one, and wait inside one of the alcoves right 'above' your loki (helmet and cape).

Wait for the second and third grids to let you go around the corner to your left.

If you have an AoE, use it first, because a camera can spawn in both corners (in the hall and in the room).

Alternatively, you can get under them if you stick to the wall (and are lucky with their sweeps) and shoot them.

The room (still first pic) around the corner to the left has a no-hack console. That disables the grids.

If you have an AoE or a weapon with punchthrough, go to the glass window and kill the camera above the server.

Go to the server room, hack the door. DO NOT be in front of it, as there's a gotcha-cam facing the door, if you didn't kill it, above.

Enter room, hack server, done.

Takes a bit of timing and a bunch of luck with the gotcha-cam spawns, but any frame can do it.

Edited by Chroia

My strategy for this vault is as follows:

1. As soon as the vault opens begin sprinting.

2. Once the first grid moves past you going right, keep sprinting til you reach one of the small alcoves along the left side of the room (most frames can reach the farthest one if you get the timing right).

3. Wait until the second grid is heading back towards the entrance and the final grid is moving left, away from the locked security door.

4. Sprint from your alcove, past the locked security door and jump up into a vent on the right wall (it is always accessible).

5. You should now be in a long vent shaft. Head all the way to the end and parkour up to the next level.

6. You should be able to pop out of the vent into a small room. Be careful, there is sometimes a camera around an obstruction to your right.

7. Use your codex scanner to check for a camera, and if there is one, wait until it is turning away from you. Pop out and either shoot it, or sprint and quickly leap through one of the holes in the wall.

8. You should now be on a walkway above the control room with a laser grid moving back and forth. Wait for an opening then hop down, hack the console and your done.

With this strat, I haven't failed this room in months.

Edited by Dantal

I often run Oceanum, Pluto, a Corpus Spy 2.0 mission. I often come across this spy room. The pictures were taken after I extracted the data (I triggered the alarm). Usually there are 3 fast moving laser traps in the room. The room is literally impossible to complete without triggering the alarms unless you're Loki/Limbo. Even then, sometimes you will trigger the alarms as Loki.

The first problem is that this grate is always blocked at higher levels. You can't use it to better time your attempts at the various methods of completing this mission. It also makes it impossible for a warframe that isn't Loki (using decoy+Switch TP) or Limbo to get around the laser traps to try an alternate route to the data console.

The next problem is THIS grate. It is always left open, which is nice... except it's right in the middle of the laser trap. It is possible to do it with a standard frame, but only if you're some godly player that has superhuman reflexes and accuracy. You need to run WITH the first laser trap, then run with the second laser trap before bullet jumping into the grate and not falling back down. Because of the speed of the laser traps, you have around 3 seconds to complete ALL these actions. When this is the only route, I often fail right at the bottom of the grate opening.

Sometimes the grate on the left is open, in which case you can complete this perfectly with a Loki easily (decoy + switch tp), letting you get into the room to disable the lasers. You can do this by standing at the entrance of the tile. Sometimes the grate on the right is open, in which case you have split seconds to destroy the great, use decoy, then switch with it. If you actually manage to swap places with your clone (instead of just TPing to it), it will likely trigger the laser trap.

I'm all for a challenge, but this is ridiculous. Something needs to be done so players actually have a chance of completing this without triggering alarms. As it is now, you may as well just rush it without regard to a clean run.

I might do a video, a compilation of attempts at this room to show how ridiculous it is.

Alright OP, S#&$ty Paint Drawing time.

Bear with me here a second:

3MO4M7L.png

LEGEND:

Orange means grate or door

Red triangle means camera

White space means you can move there.

Green means laser

- Alright, lets start at the start. What you're going to do is wait for that first laser to be headed the direction I show in the diagram. When it's about where it shows there (just past the wall which you should be shoulder to, make a break for the spot labeled 1.

- The second laser will be going in the same direction as you, so you'll be able to make it to that spot in one go if you're quick (tap crouch to slide-run a bit faster. If you don't think you can make it there, the previous alcove is fine too, and move up the the spot labeled 1. after. Wait there until the 3rd laser is moving towards you (the 2nd laser will be moving back to the start. Dash towards the spot marked 2. -- it's a vent that's open on higher levels (I've never seen it blocked myself...).

- Go into 2, and you have to go up one level. you'll come out in a little room above and to the side of the vault, at 3.

- There's some stuff in the way so you can hide behind it and peek out to shoot the camera. Then move to 4.

- Here, there's a laser floor grid that you have to drop through into the vault. That's easy enough. You'll end up right at 5.

Happy hacking.

Edited by S7ORM

Get a Limbo, turn on riftwalk, cheese all Corpus Spy missions because he can't trigger the laser alarms. 

I love the guide posted here though, may use it in the future.

The point with Spy missions would be that they're completable with any frame in the game - using only play skill. You don't want a clean completion of a spy room confined to specific warframes and cheese tactics.

All spy vaults are able to be stealthed with any frame without having to hack the door, except for one possible configuration of one Corpus vault (the one with the big laser cage in the central room) which forces you to hack the door (possible oversight?)   I never use frame abilities to cheese vaults and I always stealth them unless I make a mistake.

All spy vaults are able to be stealthed with any frame without having to hack the door, except for one possible configuration of one Corpus vault (the one with the big laser cage in the central room) which forces you to hack the door (possible oversight?)   I never use frame abilities to cheese vaults and I always stealth them unless I make a mistake.

You can even do that one without a stealth frame, I do it on Trin all the time. You can get into the cage from the top, then you just jump down from platform to platform when there's an opening in the lasers. The timing is tricky, for the last two you basically have to start your jump while the lasers are still blocking you and then melee slam to get past them before the opening closes again, but it's totally doable.

You can even do that one without a stealth frame, I do it on Trin all the time. You can get into the cage from the top, then you just jump down from platform to platform when there's an opening in the lasers. The timing is tricky, for the last two you basically have to start your jump while the lasers are still blocking you and then melee slam to get past them before the opening closes again, but it's totally doable.

Oh, I was talking about the other one where you can either go left or right t he start depending on which door is open.  If the one on the right is open you can get into he console room by going all the way round and then sneaking in through a vent in the back.  If the one on the left is open, you do the same but it doesn't take you into the console room; it takes you to the door to the console room and you have to hack it.   

I kinda tried to make this into a Video... well, I failed.

Will try again...

Edit: Re-Did the Video.

It's funny, I almost never go for that last grate unless there's ice blocking the door to the button room (only happened once). I always go hit the button to turn off the lasers, then jump up through the ceiling grate.

It's funny, I almost never go for that last grate unless there's ice blocking the door to the button room (only happened once). I always go hit the button to turn off the lasers, then jump up through the ceiling grate.

I find it's just faster to go the way in the video (though I've recently started using the roof grate as an even FASTER path), because you don't have to watch out for camera (except that one) or hack/interact with anything other than the vault.

honestly i find corpus spy pretty easy,grineer on the other hand..im still not sure what the hell to do in earth tileset
point is its usually easy if you just take some time to look around for nooks and crannies,again especially with corpus since they like to make everything....a square

honestly i find corpus spy pretty easy,grineer on the other hand..im still not sure what the hell to do in earth tileset

point is its usually easy if you just take some time to look around for nooks and crannies,again especially with corpus since they like to make everything....a square

Nah, Grineer vaults are super easy.  Corpus vaults are the only ones that you might fail from time to time since they have a lot of camera and laser BS and occasionally are unsolvable in the case of that one room.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

It's definitely easier to figure out what to do in Corpus runs. Cleaner design means obstructions are easier to spot, plus color contrast is higher. In Grineer vaults, everything is the same color and everything could hide a trap. There are a lot more moving parts in Grineer vaults, too, so you have les opportunity to stop and think about what to do next.

Once you figure them out, though, they're not really much harder to do.

It's definitely easier to figure out what to do in Corpus runs. Cleaner design means obstructions are easier to spot, plus color contrast is higher. In Grineer vaults, everything is the same color and everything could hide a trap. There are a lot more moving parts in Grineer vaults, too, so you have les opportunity to stop and think about what to do next.

Once you figure them out, though, they're not really much harder to do.

well ye,meant that