Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Collection Of Trinity Prime Texture / Mesh Issues.

Cyv001

Hello everyone, I'll be using this thread to report a variety of texture and mesh issues concerning Trinity Prime. Feel free to post your own findings as well, and I hope that this gains enough attention to get looked at. Thank you.

Edit: Decided to organize the post a little more so it's like Ash Prime's bug report thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/488216-ash-prime-textures-mesh-animation-bugs-collection-thread/ I Hope it's easier to navigate now!

1. TEXTURES

a. Tint color 3: inconsistency

With NightmareT12's help, something odd about Trinity Prime's tint color 3 was discovered. A while back, there was a bug where default / alternate helmets on Prime warframes would revert to their default frame's colors. In order to solve this, it seems that DE began treating Helmets (and possibly other parts of the Prime warframe) as attachments. As a result, there would be no inconsistency when using default colors. However, part of this problem persists in Trinity Prime.

As seen here, Trinity Prime's default tint color 3 is grey.

EGkNPtu.jpg

In fact, it's the same grey that's used on Normal Trinity:

aqRe8T0.jpg

...However, as you can see in this picture, when Trinity Prime's colors are set to "default", the patterns affected by tint color 3 are both grey AND red:

x3sKK5d.jpg

Trinity Prime's codex entry shows tint color 3's patterns as entirely red, which is most likely how it was intended to be: AL4dSLQ.jpg

Basically, the pattern affected by tint color 3 is different colors because certain parts are treated as the frame itself and certain parts are treated as attachments. Frame parts are grey, and attachment parts are red. It might be connected to the old helmet bug, or it may be totally unrelated! Point is, Trinity Prime's tint color 3 is messed up and needs fixing.

b. Tint color 4: Trinity Prime's gold and default Trinity's patterns

Typically with new primes, we've seen that tint color 4 affects the prime gold on them. This is fine and dandy, but only if it affects JUST the prime gold. Trinity Prime's body reuses the textures from standard Trinity's body. On standard Trinity, tint color 4 affects a couple of patterns on her body. This would be ok on Trinity prime, but only if her new armor parts covered said tintable patterns. As of right now, they do not, revealing a flat yellow on Trinity Prime in a couple of places:
iAeODwU.jpgbyikll8.jpg

c. Defualt Trinity body + oddly PBR'd armor

I think it's common knowledge that Trinity Prime's base body has gone unaffected, and uses the same textures as default Trinity. Trinity Prime's extra parts have been PBR'd, however, they've been done rather poorly. The quality seems reminiscent of items that were around when PBR was first being tested, like with the Sibaris and Tiberon. What this does is cause large inconsistencies in Trinity Prime's appearance:
cIExvLQ.jpg

d. White texture edges

Courtesy of Texrei, it seems like Trinity Prime has some poorly textured areas on her new parts. This is indicated by jagged white lines, which have been present on other poorly textured items (Nova's immortal skin, for example):

KX2lEuO.jpg

2. MESH

a. Stomach clipping

Trinity Prime uses a lot of new "armor" parts, one of which is laid over her original stomach mesh. The original Trinity had no issues with her original model, but the new stomach piece likes to fold / break whenever Trinity Prime crouches:
A0ffGVO.jpg

b. Trinity's immortal skin

This is most likely a bug, but when using Trinity's immortal skin on Trinity Prime, her body's model is reverted to standard Trinity. The photo is courtesy of Texrei:

iag3tp7.jpg

3. CLOTH PHYSICS

a. Skirt clipping / irregular physics

Trinity Prime's skirt likes to clip with itself quite frequently. It also seems like cloth physics haven't been implemented into her skirt either, due to how "jelly-like" it moves. As per NightmareT12's suggestion, it seems like the "lobster tail" should rest above the other parts as well, not clip into them.
HfavN4N.jpg

b. Head loop clipping / irregular physics

Courtesy of Texrei, it seems like Trinity Prime's head loop likes to clip through things as well. In addition, its movement can be quite jiggly like her skirt:

7ZdHzrl.jpg

4. ANIMATION

a. Interaction between Trinity Prime's shoulder armor and her animation sets

It seems like Trinity Prime's shoulder armor isn't connected to her model, but rather, her animation skeleton. They seem to move in relation to the animation sets used on her, revealing more unsightly matte yellow bits as discussed in section 1b.

52HsPuV.jpg

Noble

eRy3NOS.jpg

Agile

k1qEiPO.jpg

5. PRIME ACCESS ACCESSORIES

a. Kavasa Kubrow Prime Armor gold

As seen in the following picture, The Kavasa Kubrow Prime Armor's gold is not shiny like the typical prime gold:
77OEvoH.jpg

b. Naviga Prime Sugatra's size

In comparison to what's advertised on Trinity Prime's Prime Access page, the Naviga Prime Sugatra is incredibly small. So small that it's hard to see it at times, even:

4lhzvVX.jpg

For the sake of archiving things, here are the sources of the images I took myself:

http://imgur.com/a/CH7V5

http://imgur.com/a/PPZ47

http://imgur.com/a/1Aznn

http://imgur.com/4lhzvVX

Thanks for looking! I hope my explanations were clear enough to understand.

Edited by Cyv001

New vs. old textures: gloss / matte

I think it's common knowledge that Trinity Prime's base body has gone unaffected, and uses the same textures as default Trinity. This can lead to color differences like the following, where her body is matte, but her new prime bits are glossy:

cIExvLQ.jpg

Now I'm HOPING that this is unintended. In fact, I think the "gloss" of her armor was intended to only affect her visor, but instead it affected all of her extra prime parts. Otherwise, it creates a rather ugly texture difference between her parts that should... well, look the same.

The Difference between Normal Trinity and Trinity Prime is because all newly release frames are rendered with a new texturing technique called Physically Based Rendering (PBR) this allows more textures to take on different looks or textures, such as metallic textures, reflective surfaces, allows us to tint our metals etc; in the case of trinity's textures that gloss comes from it, eventually regular Trinity will get PBR as well as Cloth physics and when that happens she wont looks as Matte as she does now.

The Difference between Normal Trinity and Trinity Prime is because all newly release frames are rendered with a new texturing technique called Physically Based Rendering (PBR) this allows more textures to take on different looks or textures, such as metallic textures, reflective surfaces, allows us to tint our metals etc; in the case of trinity's textures that gloss comes from it, eventually regular Trinity will get PBR as well as Cloth physics and when that happens she wont looks as Matte as she does now.

Reading over your response, I'm surprised I didn't mention PBR at all in my initial post. But yes, I'm aware of it and hopeful that Trinity Prime will receive the appropriate touch ups like Volt Prime. I went back to the build notes and saw that it took about a week to get to Volt Prime's touch ups, but these things take time. Hopefully they try and fix everything though, because Volt Prime's shoulder armor still clip into his arms.

That said, even if Trinity Prime's armor is PBR'd, it still has that sort of gloss you see in very early PBR objects such as the Sibaris and Tiberon. I'm just hoping that the touchups bring Trinity Prime's armor and body closer in coloration, to a much nicer looking texture besides the gloss.

Maybe mention her lobster tail having cloth physics that jiggle instead of acting like cloth.

Decided to add that in!

The helmet energy pattern should be red on default, but that's something shared with Trinity because DE seems to not be able to lock it to another tint that isn't energy. Since helms do copy the color scheme from the body (they do actually have their own default) well... There it goes.

Although that statement came from much time ago. Perhaps nowadays they can switch it to Tint 1 on default Trinity and Tint 3 or whatever has red if DE decides to add a metal tint slot to Trin Prime.

Also, I believe the textures for Trinity could be higher res. The spots where energy is present seem really jagged and not sharp enough. It's specially obvious if you pause.

EDIT: Just looked at the Codex. Tint 3 should indeed be red everywhere, yet it copies gray/black to accessories, and has gray/black in some areas (ie Helmet below energy patterns). WHY?

Edited by NightmareT12

The helmet energy pattern should be red on default, but that's something shared with Trinity because DE seems to not be able to lock it to another tint that isn't energy. Since helms do copy the color scheme from the body (they do actually have their own default) well... There it goes.

Although that statement came from much time ago. Perhaps nowadays they can switch it to Tint 1 on default Trinity and Tint 3 or whatever has red if DE decides to add a metal tint slot to Trin Prime.

Also, I believe the textures for Trinity could be higher res. The spots where energy is present seem really jagged and not sharp enough. It's specially obvious if you pause.

EDIT: Just looked at the Codex. Tint 3 should indeed be red everywhere, yet it copies gray/black to accessories, and has gray/black in some areas (ie Helmet below energy patterns). WHY?

Thanks for replying to the thread. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by your first statment though, I'm a bit confused about that.

Like you said later on though, A lot of textures on Trinity Prime are low resolution - especially the ones involving energy on the back of her head. What you said about the codex entry is correct as well, which is odd. It seems that tint color 3 should be red by default, but on the actual model we use it's red and grey. hmmmmm. I just hope all of her textures are updated soon :'y

Thank you so much; it's literally the biggest qualm I have with her appearance right now. D:

You're welcome! While it doesn't bother me too much, it's something worth noting. What bugs me most right now is the difference in color between her extra prime armor and her standard body armor. It doesn't help that the extra bits have that glossy metal look either, which was around when DE started experimenting with PBR (like on the Sibaris or Tiberon).

Edited by Cyv001

What I mean by my first statement is the same as here: The scripted part of Trinity's energy on her helm should be red. The same red as Tint 3 on Prime, the same red as Tint 1 on regular:

trinityLarge.png

On the helmet, or her face here. On her helmet, or the two patterns that repeat text across the screen on her Prime.

Edited by NightmareT12

the linked twintail thing loves to clipp to the front on way too much ocassions - for example after noble stance iddle animation in liset/dojo/relay - just adding my two cents ^^

[imho helmet would be perfect if they removed the connection between twintails - would also solve the issue I mentioned :P]

What I mean by my first statement is the same as here: The scripted part of Trinity's energy should be red. The same red as Tint 3 on Prime, the same red as Tint 1 on regular:

trinityLarge.png

On the helmet, or her face here. On her helmet, or the two patterns that repeat text across the screen on her Prime.

I think I'm seeing what you mean now. There's an overlay of color on her face text that corresponds to Trinity's tint 1 color, right? So, as a result, the Prime version's energy colors may be hard to see if you choose a light color for tint 1. It's just not a problem on normal trinity because her visor is always black, while it can be changed on Trinity Prime.

I think I'm seeing what you mean now. There's an overlay of color on her face text that corresponds to Trinity's tint 1 color, right? So, as a result, the Prime version's energy colors may be hard to see if you choose a light color for tint 1. It's just not a problem on normal trinity because her visor is always black, while it can be changed on Trinity Prime.

You still got me wrong :P I'll take pics tomorrow with more detail, so you see what I mean.

BTW, I forgot to say, thanks for making a Megathread for this. The Ash one was really helpful so I'm glad to see another one for Trinity now.

You still got me wrong :P I'll take pics tomorrow with more detail, so you see what I mean.

BTW, I forgot to say, thanks for making a Megathread for this. The Ash one was really helpful so I'm glad to see another one for Trinity now.

Alright, sorry about that.

And you're welcome! I didn't start the Ash Prime bug megathread, but I'm hoping DE takes notice to this one regardless. Hopefully the response is quick too, like with how they fixed Atlas's scaling - that was a pleasant surprise. Who knows though, I've been trying to report the clipping issues on Volt Prime since release and they've gone unnoticed ever since :'u

the linked twintail thing loves to clipp to the front on way too much ocassions - for example after noble stance iddle animation in liset/dojo/relay - just adding my two cents ^^

[imho helmet would be perfect if they removed the connection between twintails - would also solve the issue I mentioned :P]

I've only noticed that Trinity Prime's head hoop... ponytails like to clip in front of her in the areas you've mentioned. They stay in the back mostly when you're out in the field. Still though, The moving bits on her can use some fine tuning regarding collission boxes and all that.

Good morning everyone! So, on the thing about Trin's helmet, here is what I mean:

Trinity has a separate tint, when the Helmet (note, the helmet has its own color profile, however, it now copies the colors of the Warframe just like any Syandana or Armor automatically) has default colors (I have a thread on this somewhere, it caused issues). That tint, is red. That red, is the same red as her Tint 1 on Trinity, and as Tint 3 as Trinity Prime.

On any kind of official media, the codex, renders, etc, we'll see Trinity has the helmet area with energy writing/script in a red color, which is how it is supposed to be:

Example: Codex for Trinity Prime

7uNpZ81.jpg

Example: Default Trinity Codex entry and website render:

qzRZB6u.jpg

trinityLarge.png

However, that's what we see in game:

Case 1: Trinity (notice it is bright blue):

2s5psQ9.jpg

Case 2: Trinity Prime (notice it is orange):

amiNMzZ.jpg

On Trinity Prime Codex's is harder to see because of the angle and lightning, but at the lack of wallpaper for her Prime and Render on the official website I can't show it in a clearer way.

I hope it helps clear this out.

You might as well want to edit your first point on the first post since we discovered it is due the color profile of Trinity Prime having a wrong Tint 3 when copying colors. I'll help you take pics, evidence, and whatnot if needed so you can add it in a really detailed way for the Q&A and Art team to see. I PM'ed Rebecca yesterday before even taking a look here :P I hope she can pass it along soon-ish, but anyways we'll have to as for someone of the Art team to come to the boards every so often, just like George does for the sound team. Ever since Draice stopped coming it's been a lot harder to fix these.

Edited by NightmareT12

Good morning everyone! So, on the thing about Trin's helmet, here is what I mean:

Trinity has a separate tint, when the Helmet (note, the helmet has its own color profile, however, it now copies the colors of the Warframe just like any Syandana or Armor automatically) has default colors (I have a thread on this somewhere, it caused issues). That tint, is red. That red, is the same red as her Tint 1 on Trinity, and as Tint 3 as Trinity Prime.

On any kind of official media, the codex, renders, etc, we'll see Trinity has the helmet area with energy writing/script in a red color, which is how it is supposed to be:

Example: Codex for Trinity Prime

7uNpZ81.jpg

Example: Default Trinity Codex entry and website render:

qzRZB6u.jpg

trinityLarge.png

However, that's what we see in game:

Case 1: Trinity (notice it is bright blue):

2s5psQ9.jpg

Case 2: Trinity Prime (notice it is orange):

amiNMzZ.jpg

On Trinity Prime Codex's is harder to see because of the angle and lightning, but at the lack of wallpaper for her Prime and Render on the official website I can't show it in a clearer way.

I hope it helps clear this out.

You might as well want to edit your first point on the first post since we discovered it is due the color profile of Trinity Prime having a wrong Tint 3 when copying colors. I'll help you take pics, evidence, and whatnot if needed so you can add it in a really detailed way for the Q&A and Art team to see. I PM'ed Rebecca yesterday before even taking a look here :P I hope she can pass it along soon-ish, but anyways we'll have to as for someone of the Art team to come to the boards every so often, just like George does for the sound team. Ever since Draice stopped coming it's been a lot harder to fix these.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been rather busy lately. That said, I'm still not really sure what you're getting at. Something is wrong with Trinity Prime's tint color 3, that's for sure, but it doesn't have to do with the flowing script on her helmet. That scripture, on Trinity and Trinity Prime, is supposed to be the same color as their energy color - which it is. It's fine, and shouldn't match up with tint color 3.

Besides that, I've updated the description regarding Trinity Prime's skirt physics in the original post. I looked at it a little more, and it doesn't seem like it has cloth physics at all - just the jiggly sort of physics we used to have. Either that or it's implemented really badly, in comparison to a frame like Atlas. His skirt bit flows really nicely.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been rather busy lately. That said, I'm still not really sure what you're getting at. Something is wrong with Trinity Prime's tint color 3, that's for sure, but it doesn't have to do with the flowing script on her helmet. That scripture, on Trinity and Trinity Prime, is supposed to be the same color as their energy color - which it is. It's fine, and shouldn't match up with tint color 3.

Besides that, I've updated the description regarding Trinity Prime's skirt physics in the original post. I looked at it a little more, and it doesn't seem like it has cloth physics at all - just the jiggly sort of physics we used to have. Either that or it's implemented really badly, in comparison to a frame like Atlas. His skirt bit flows really nicely.

Going to answer on this: The scripture has its own color channel, that is overwritten by energy tint in case the player customizes that. The thing is that after the introduction of the default Warframe colors, the blank ones, the helmet showed as it was meant. An issue ocurred though in which the helmet stayed in its original colors if you swapped it on Prime frames. Hence DE fixing it by making the helm copy the colors automatically as if it was a Syandana (If we had the chance to actually make the helmet keep original colors, you'd see that tint is independant as it would turn red when it's set to default). That's why her helm and skirt has gray areas where it should be red as well: Tint 3 displays as original Trinity gray once copied to Attachments when it should totally not.

Since that red though coincides with the red on her body, it could be used to make it go along those tints instead of having to add additional customization slots to Trinity. Only the Codex and official renders show the model exactly as it is meant to be.

Anyways: Two more notes: Issue with Tint 3 is most likely due the textures being shared with default Trinity and somehow scrapping the color profile. I'll add pics later as to what I mean.

As for the skirt: My impression is that the lobster/scarab tail should be above the other folds, but due to how cloth physics work, they clip through each other and it ends up below clipping the gold bits because it "weighs" more.

Going to answer on this: The scripture has its own color channel, that is overwritten by energy tint in case the player customizes that. The thing is that after the introduction of the default Warframe colors, the blank ones, the helmet showed as it was meant. An issue ocurred though in which the helmet stayed in its original colors if you swapped it on Prime frames. Hence DE fixing it by making the helm copy the colors automatically as if it was a Syandana (If we had the chance to actually make the helmet keep original colors, you'd see that tint is independant as it would turn red when it's set to default). That's why her helm and skirt has gray areas where it should be red as well: Tint 3 displays as original Trinity gray once copied to Attachments when it should totally not.

Since that red though coincides with the red on her body, it could be used to make it go along those tints instead of having to add additional customization slots to Trinity. Only the Codex and official renders show the model exactly as it is meant to be.

Anyways: Two more notes: Issue with Tint 3 is most likely due the textures being shared with default Trinity and somehow scrapping the color profile. I'll add pics later as to what I mean.

As for the skirt: My impression is that the lobster/scarab tail should be above the other folds, but due to how cloth physics work, they clip through each other and it ends up below clipping the gold bits because it "weighs" more.

I think I get you now. A while ago, there was an issue where swapping out a prime's helmet would make it match the default frame's color if you hadn't messed with the colors. To fix this, DE treated the helmet (and a few attatchments) like an accessory. This issue, while not being related to the helmet, still persists on trinity prime - but only on tint color 3.

If that's what you mean, I'm glad I understand now, but I'm not sure if that's entirely true. Default Trinity's tint color 3 is a shade of black, not grey. And even then, none of this has to do with the energy color on the helmet. It just seems like Trinity Prime's tint color 3 is messed up, and has nothing to due with the old default color issue whenever you swapped to an alt helmet on a prime with default colors.

I think I get you now. A while ago, there was an issue where swapping out a prime's helmet would make it match the default frame's color if you hadn't messed with the colors. To fix this, DE treated the helmet (and a few attatchments) like an accessory. This issue, while not being related to the helmet, still persists on trinity prime - but only on tint color 3.

If that's what you mean, I'm glad I understand now, but I'm not sure if that's entirely true. Default Trinity's tint color 3 is a shade of black, not grey. And even then, none of this has to do with the energy color on the helmet. It just seems like Trinity Prime's tint color 3 is messed up, and has nothing to due with the old default color issue whenever you swapped to an alt helmet on a prime with default colors.

The helm part doesn't have anything to do with Tint 3, but it has all to do with the helm being treated as an attachment. (But you got me partly now :P)

Trinity Prime treats Tint 3 when you copy the color profile as it follows:

Color Profile:

EGkNPtu.jpg

Tint 3 -- Notice that it is indeed the Tenno Pallette, also showing Trinity's row, 3rd (Tint 3) column:

aqRe8T0.jpg

How Trin prime should look (closest color I found):

jBxDJYs.jpg

What Tint 3 changes on Trinity -- Notice how these parts now are part of her Tints 1 and 2 depending on the area:

LPFijmW.jpg

Edited by NightmareT12

I agree with you and I really don't like the yellow you get on her markings when you make her ornamental pieces gold, also when you channel those gold pieces glow and it looks really odd. I think the parts that are made yellow, the number 4 color should color with the number 3.

The helm part doesn't have anything to do with Tint 3, but it has all to do with the helm being treated as an attachment. (But you got me partly now :P)

Trinity Prime treats Tint 3 when you copy the color profile as it follows:

Color Profile:

EGkNPtu.jpg

Tint 3 -- Notice that it is indeed the Tenno Pallette, also showing Trinity's row, 3rd (Tint 3) column:

aqRe8T0.jpg

How Trin prime should look (closest color I found):

jBxDJYs.jpg

What Tint 3 changes on Trinity -- Notice how these parts now are part of her Tints 1 and 2 depending on the area:

LPFijmW.jpg

Ok, so something similar to the helmet bug is going on. Trinity Prime is reusing colors from default Trinity, except it's just tint color 3. Since the helmet bug's fix made certain areas on frames behave like attatchments, this is why certain markings are red (as intended) and why some are grey (due to the borrowing of tint color 3).

Do I got it now?

My main concern with the model is that weird jump rope comming off the helmet which seems to have a life of its own, and the rings attached to the lobster skirt that seem to exist solely to clip with everything that comes near.

My main concern with the model is that weird jump rope comming off the helmet which seems to have a life of its own, and the rings attached to the lobster skirt that seem to exist solely to clip with everything that comes near.

Not sure what can be done w/ the head loop besides fixing the cloth physics on it. The same can be said for every other flowy bit on Trinity Prime, since they're all so... janky. As for the bits attached to the end of her tail clipping with everything, I think NightmareT12 has a good point about it. The tail was probably supposed to rest above the other folds, but the collision physics were done so badly that it just flops down and clips with everything else.

Like, Trinity Prime's design looks beautiful. It's just the execution that makes it fall so flat, which I hope is fixed soon.

Edited by Cyv001

Here are mine

1. Weird dangles physic. It happens really, really often

7ZdHzrl.jpg

2. White texture edges

KX2lEuO.jpg

3. Maybe it's intended? Picking immortal skin returns her to normal model

iag3tp7.jpg

Thank you for your contribution! I hope you don't mind that I added your pictures to the first post. In fact, I gave it a visual overhaul, so now it's (hopefully) cleaner like Ash Prime's bug collection thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/488216-ash-prime-textures-mesh-animation-bugs-collection-thread/

Otherwise, if anything I changed / added seems wrong, please let me know!

Edited by Cyv001

Thank you for your contribution! I hope you don't mind that I added your pictures to the first post. In fact, I gave it a visual overhaul, so now it's (hopefully) cleaner like Ash Prime's bug collection thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/488216-ash-prime-textures-mesh-animation-bugs-collection-thread/

Otherwise, if anything I changed / added seems wrong, please let me know!

Nah, all's perfect :) Will post my Trin's glitches here