Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U18 Performance Bugs?

Schkrapnel

Hello!

Today, I realized that when I played Update 18, the game seemed to have unexplained framerate drops, at somewhat steady intervals. I'm suspecting that because my friends aren't having this issue, it's because I'm using a GTX 970 (one of the most buggy video cards in existence). However, in previous updates, the game has worked just fine. Was there a small change to perfrormance or graphics? If so, is there a fix or a patch coming out soon? Thank you! :)

It's not just you. I just got done playing on a computer with an EVGA GTX 770 card, and I'm having the same framerate drops in the quest missions. In particular, in the Sharkwing underwater parts. At first I though it was just around the high pressure water jets, but it's obvious now after getting to the second quest that it's just randomly throughout the underwater tiles.

My framerate drops to under 2FPS, the game and sound fragments and then locks up for 10-15+ seconds at a time, and then will randomly unfreeze for a few seconds before doing it all again. The game plays as normal in all other tiles though for me.

It's not just you. I just got done playing on a computer with an EVGA GTX 770 card, and I'm having the same framerate drops in the quest missions. In particular, in the Sharkwing underwater parts. At first I though it was just around the high pressure water jets, but it's obvious now after getting to the second quest that it's just randomly throughout the underwater tiles.

My framerate drops to under 2FPS, the game and sound fragments and then locks up for 10-15+ seconds at a time, and then will randomly unfreeze for a few seconds before doing it all again. The game plays as normal in all other tiles though for me.

Oh god, you have it worse than I do! I'm so sorry, I hope DE will fix this soon.

I'm also seeing this on my 270X, was just about to make a thread.

I have always been able to max this game, but after U18 I'm getting a lot of lag and hitching.

The strange thing is both the in-game FPS counter and FRAPS show 59fps, however it's very visibly not smooth.

This occurs in the orbiter, in the dojo and in missions. 

I'm not overclocked (Warframe has never liked my OC) and I have the latest Crimson drivers.

I have similar issues, for me every 5 seconds i get (at first) a very small almost unnoticeable hang, that gets progressively worse. At the end of the 20 wave sortie defence the freezes were over 2 seconds long, at this point the game was relatively unplayable.

Restarting the game removes the issue for a while, until it starts again. So longer missions are completely out of the question.

I too have an issue, don't know if it's related but...

Since the Nvidia cards are in trouble with U18...

As I move the camera I notice that there is a problem of not only vertical, but also horizontal, synchronization in the movement. I have a line crossing my screen during these moments of fast movements and that's all new since I never had never seen this before.

I'll give my card's name later, better to double check.

I'm having the same issues across all my systems both AMD and Nvidia builds that previously ran fine prior to update 18. Now I'm having nothing but major issues with frame tearing, serious latency issues, and hangs including the game failing to run at all after alt+tabing or using the windows key. 

I run three 7800 series systems and two nvidia 750ti systems. All with the exact same issues all with quad core processors or better. 

I like the new content but not if its gonna cause major performance issues so I can watch frame rates, trashing the game for me :(

Has anyone else noticed there are no 'open squads' in the 5 missions. Every other time we have had a big storyline there are dozens of squads taking part . . .zilch, nada, since this new one started.

After completing mission 3 in solo only to get a bugged FAILED come up at the end DE can stick it where the sun don't shine . . . I give up, anymore of this crap from them and I'll be putting my boot through the screen.

Something else the crafty and mean buggers did in Mission 3, they turned off the 'ammo box' so the only ammo you have is what you take with you . . . so beating the stalker solo and then the 4 pillars, only to get Failed is justified pissed off attitude.

Edited by CaptainEras

Being a dogged Cornishman I never give up, lose my rag, yes, but never give up.

If I can only play the game solo then solo it is and I completed the initial 5 mission quest.

A very good bunch of missions with a very good cinematic at the end.

I can now see where DE are going with the game and I like it . . .

Unfortunately, the whole thing stinks of a magnificent update ruined by bad coding in a rush to get it out. There are just too many people - with all their different computer specs - frozen out.

This doesn't reflect well on DE because there is little point having a fantastic product, with fantastic visuals and gameplay if it is unplayable.

The only reason I can just get away with playing solo is because I deleted the Warframe x64 folder in Steam . . .god knows why that lessened the stagger sufficiently but it did.

My rig will play any game maxed out so it's definitely coding over hardware at fault . . although I'm still wondering if W10 is contributing to the problem ?

Edited by CaptainEras

I'm also seeing this on my 270X, was just about to make a thread.

I have always been able to max this game, but after U18 I'm getting a lot of lag and hitching.

The strange thing is both the in-game FPS counter and FRAPS show 59fps, however it's very visibly not smooth.

This occurs in the orbiter, in the dojo and in missions. 

I'm not overclocked (Warframe has never liked my OC) and I have the latest Crimson drivers.

Same for me, a steady 59fps but the game unplayable in public setting because of stagger/hitching with progressively worsening freezing until it freezes completely . .

I've noticed many performance issues, most noticeably people who run nVidia cards (me included) are heavily suffering from FPS drops, stuttering, un-smooth gameplay when it should be smooth (>60 FPS, still unsmooth), freezes, and it also appears to happen when Warframes with a lot of particles get involved. (Saryn, Nova, Equinox, even Mag at one point) So please DE, do take a look at all these threads.

Unsmooth performance happens on tilesets with a lot of reflective surfaces it seems, such as the big Void rooms, and Dark Sector Defense on Europa, to name a few.

Edited by SnipSnipSnipered

FPS drop on all normal game play and archwing after U18.

Same setting prior & post U18.

A decent 40+FPS on prior, but now a 20-ish FPS on post U18 (non-combat, no effect/ abilities on running).

When there is, FPS drop to 15-ish or lower.

When it's chaotic or alot of enemies around, FPS of 10 to 12.

When there's too many effects + enemies + all players together. FPS of 5 to 7. MS of 120++

- I notice, i receive a major FPS lag when firing a multiple hit-scan/ bullets on enemies. FPS lag on damage pop-up.

*Laptop details soon, atm 'working'.

Edited by low1991

• 2 months later...

Everything is action figures

On Friday 11March. I log into warframe only to find Excalliburs head floating in the log in screen. It then changes to the Trinity ,which I usually play as.The main problem is that now all the characters move around with straighten legs and arms, this includes my frames and enemies. The walk and crouch animation is basically non existing. I tried to solve this problem by un-installed the game and re-installed it but it did not work. 

How can you enjoy killing a corrupted when your character is as stiff as a board?

After U18, all I am getting is random log outs for no given reason, and quitting crashes the game, even with the non-Steam download. Even if I select Solo Matchmaking, the game doesn't want to work right for me. Random framedrops to 1 FPS for a split second then goes back right up to my cap. Sometimes dips to 45 for like 1-2 seconds, even while in my clan's dojo or in my ship. I made sure that it's not my hardware either, I tested other games. Crysis 3, Skyrim w/ texture mods and SGSSAA, ect ect, all seem to run fine. Also benched my CPU and RAM, all check out fine. Is U18 broken or are we just isolated incidents (I doubt the latter claim, but still)?

Edited by OnPointDelta