Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charge Attacks Interfere With Normal Attacks

Rambit23Z

So, when melee-ing I methodically tap the e button to do combos. But with U18 my frame will stop mid combo and it must be that the game thinks I'm attempting a charge attack, and since I didn't hold the button down my frame stops the attack and just stands there.

Edited by Rambit23Z

It's really unbearable with thrown weapons. Even without melee drawn, you have to do the Quick Melee swing, then Charge for a second, then throw. I'm not even kidding, every time I tried to throw it, my freakin Sentinel had already killed my target... it takes an eternity.

Ugh, I wasn't excited for Charge attacks, but I at least thought I could choose to ignore them.

I mean, since you can only use charged attacks when melee is equipped - why not put them on the reload button (by default, can be remapped to whatever you prefer)?

they could also just have a strong attack for comboing, and use the hold attack for doing a charge attack after any normal/combo swing.

Yeah I feel u on this, pre-U18 the charge attacks on the Mios were perfect I could chain them and they were pretty quick and useful in battle but now the charge attacks are kinda useless as Im being attacked by hoards before the whip is halfway done charging.  Don't even think about holding down that melee button on Draco with 2 or 3 scorches around.  I thought that the Mios charge time pre-U18 was how all charge attacks would be but now Im sad.  Oh and my poor Glaive P (T_T) why oh why.

Currently the only way I can perform E E E combos is if I bind melee attack to my scroll wheel. When I use L-mouse click the combos are inconsistent, sometimes performing the hold attack combo; even though I'm not holding the button down.

This is very frustrating and unresponsive. Hope they make some changes or at least an option to disable charge attacks.