Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Systemic Override Passive Broken?

DTSWaRDawG

Systemic Override states that Void Pulse increases the efficiency of Warframe abilities for the duration of the mission.

I  have 150% power efficiency with my Ash Prime. I went into a mission, with this passive unlocked (I just unlocked it) and I cast Bladestorm for 50 energy......k

I waited for my Void Pulse to be castable, but didn't use it. Casted Bladestorm...50 energy...k

I used Void Pulse and hit enemies with it and everything. After the casting was finished I casted Bladestorm....50 energy.......k

Before casting, when casting was available, and after casting, I never received this "more efficiency for Warframe abilities" passive. Soooooo what's the point in having this skill tree unlocked if it don't even work? Lol

Update 1: Just reconfirmed this, just incase I might have tested this before the Focus Cap hotfix, and no it doesn't work still. I have it equipped too (outlined in red, just like the energy regen passive). The energy regen passive works, but not this one.

Update 2: I thought that maybe if I used Void Pulse twice, then maybe it would work. It didn't work either.

Update 3: Due to the possibility that toggle effects could be affected, I tested to see if the efficiency changed for toggle abilities. I also wanted to double check and make sure that the energy regen from the passive (Energy Overflow) wasn't slipping through (though I'd like this, its not its intended purpose since energy regen is deactivated during toggle abilities).

Using a 150% efficiency Ember Prime, I used World on Fire before casting the 5 ability. I had 225 energy, it cost 25 for initial cost, and after 9.93 seconds (according to the tooltip for abilities it said 2.22 energy per second drain) I had 179 energy (21 energy used instead of 22 (2.22 x 10) due to human error). This concludes that the efficiency passive doesn't work, or else it would have less energy drain.

I casted the 5 ability and then casted World on Fire afterwards. I had 225 energy, it initially cost 25 to cast, and after 10.05 seconds my energy was at 178 on the dot (also confirms the 2.22 energy drain @ 1 second is correct from the tool tip since 2.22 x 10 = 22.2 => and 200 - 22 = 178). This helps conclude that the energy regen passive (Energy Overflow) does not give energy while toggle abilities are ongoing.

The second test for Energy Overflow was just to see if it was possible. With a comment mentioning that toggled abilities might be affected, I thought that maybe Energy Overflow might have been feeding energy since I can pretty much conclude that Systemic Override does not work. The only possible way I could think that toggled abilities cost less would be because a possible leak from Energy Overflow passive caused energy to regen over time when it wasn't supposed to. Can confirm that this doesn't happen.

Update 4: Hotfix just came out and the wording for this skill has changed to "Void Pulse increases the efficiency of Warframe abilities by 20% for 5 seconds." I am unsure as to whether or not it still works, but due to this recent change I am not going to test this skill anymore. It is not worth the focus necessary to upgrade in order to find out if it gets better or not. Unless they do away with the Focus Cap, I won't be testing this skill anymore, but feel free to post any new findings you want here.

Thanks for supporting this thread and helping the devs fix this as soon as they did.

Edited by DTSWaRDawG

Yeah sorry for any spoilers, but I didn't know if it was needed or not. I was also quite frustrated to find out that I spent 50k focus on this passive, but that it didn't work. And then I found out we have a 75k focus cap...so yeah I guess you could say I was quite irritated/annoyed/frustrated on many levels.

If a mod could Spoiler the topic and my post? I don't know how to do it, and if you do change it for me, thanks in advance.

Yeah I used Bladestorm before casting, when casting was available, and after casting the 5 ability.

Never changed the cost of Bladestorm from 50 energy.

I just did a syndicate mission and confirmed that before using void pulse, while void pulse was available, and after using void pulse (the 5 ability), I never received a change to my power efficiency.

I also confirmed that, yes, the passive on the skill tree is outlined in red, just like the energy regen one. And I can also confirm the energy regen DOES work because I go in solo, without Energy Siphon, and I have energy regen.

They are both outlined in red, assuming this means they are activated, then yes I do have it activated.

Edited by DTSWaRDawG

can confirm no reduction for 1 time casted abilities (lvl 0 and lvl 1).

But a friend of mine thinks his toggle costs went down.

I wonder if that is possibly the energy regen first passive working through the drain? I know Energy Siphon doesn't work while using toggle abilities, but maybe the passive does? It gives 1 energy per second, which is more than 0.6 energy per second (what ES gives) so maybe that could be happening?

I tried it multiple times.

to check:

1) Use Ember

2) Go into Mission

3) Press ESC and check the Ability Cost of her Ultimate

4) Wait for the Cooldown of your Tenno Zenurik Power with Systemic Overwrite and activate it.

5) See your Ability Cost go down

6) Wait 5 Sec

7) Press ESC and see that the Ability Cost went up again.

It works but for a very short time.

i hope there will be a fix (:

Otherwise i enjoy the Update so far, except the Cap.

I can confirm the skill upgrade is broken. Tested with Mag and loki skills.

Also it would help to have the exact amounts these buffs are giving to be indicated in the focus system. Right now there are too many unknowns to give any good beta feedback on the focus system.

basically ITT

the focus system is brand new and full of bugs, many things dont work as advertised

really shouldnt surprise anyone, but whatevs

im sure we will be seeing a lot of hotfixes between now and the holidaze break, i fully expect several iterations of the system in 2016 as well

2016 - the year of iterations on ingame systems =]

I actually upgraded systemic overdrive for an additional 150k focus points, but it doesn't seem to even give more efficiency. I get 20% bonus efficiency for about ~5 seconds after I use Void Pulse. If I remember correctly that's the exact same as the first rank of this passive ability.

The description also says that it's supposed to "last for the duration of the mission", how is that 5 seconds?

Edited by Probo

Yeah I have been getting news that after using Void Pulse 2 times you get the 5 seconds of efficiency increase, but after that it goes away. I am not aware of any of the other Focus trees having an issue like this since I am only supporting Zenurik currently, but this really needs to be fixed. To put something in the game and it not work.....yeah.

I do agree though that there is a lot unknown with these skill trees. Maybe including numbers or some form of specificity would really help the players fully understand what it is they're choosing, especially with the introduction of the Focus Cap. Had I known this passive didn't work, I could have had Energy Overflow maxed by now.

Edited by DTSWaRDawG

So, the efficiency doesen't work but what about the regen?

Did that give you any?

I'm pretty sure regen is enhanced. I'd need to check without having energy regen equipped, because thinking it would regen faster might be placebo...however, I heard from other people that it works. It really seems to just be systemic override.

I can confirm that Energy Overflow (passive Energy regeneration) works.

I can also confirm that it is turned off when a toggle drain ability is active (just like Energy Siphon). I have Rank 2 Energy Overflow, which appears to give 3 Energy per second (1 Energy per second at Rank 0 and 2 Energy per second at Rank 1). Considering my Energy still decreases when toggling very cheap drain abilities (less than 1 Energy per second), it's certain that Energy Overflow is disabled when toggling a drain ability.

The one time I tried Void Pulse in the Simulacrum, Energy Overflow did not activate, but I don't see this issue out in the field. I'd try this again, but it's really boring standing in the Simulacrum doing nothing for 225 seconds.

Vazarin Protection Ward only lasts about 5 seconds i think.. though it feels alot shorter and doesn't seem to help much since it only lasts 5 seconds... rather have less 45 seconds on my cooldown for instant revives. Also, instant revives... no idea how long that insta-rev buff lasts :/