Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tired of Glast Gambit

MeanderingBeing

I'm generally not one to make my first post complaining about something; I prefer to be helpful and help new players out, or be active in mod communities if I'm active in a forum at all. However, I just wanted to express just how ungodly irritated I am with this quest, bad enough that I'm actually here hoping it'll get fixed because... well, it's just terrible.

To be perfectly fair, I've so far enjoyed all the other quests immensely, and I am really enjoying the lore the DE team is developing around warframe. I'm glad the worst of the grindiness is gone, which had caused me to quit the game years ago. In general, I have high praise for the game. I even got both of my flatmates into it. It's not like I'm coming here to make a big stink.

All that said, Glast Gambit is seriously making me consider quitting again. More than anything else, I find grinding credits is probably the slowest, even with boosters, so having a fairly steep credit requirement for one of the last missions (160k) for a Mastery Level 7 profile seems a bit steep, but not unreasonable. I think the risk vs. reward matches the stakes of the quest. However, on the specific mission I am referring to, it requires you to intentionally throw the match. If you win by more than 10 points, it results in mission failure, which is surprisingly hard. The spectres, fortunately, dont try to score it seems, but then I just end up with a massive accumulation of coins doing my best to not score and not kill while keeping a 5 point lead. But then the Nef team gets a 1 point lead and I have to score just to not lose.... This is when I discovered that when I lose (I lost several times in previous attempts at throwing the game) I only lose half the invested credits, but if I win by too much, SURPRISE, I lose all of them... You have got to be ****ing kidding me! It's bad enough that I already had to play the same mission 4 times before this for the quest, but its even worse that I keep having to do it over and over again AND regrind the credits over and over again, which is practically adding 8 times the time investment for ONE mission.... over and over and over and over again. At the very least, if we win by too much, we should get our credits refunded because, well, we WON, we just didn't cheat. That would at least cut some of the time investment down on what would otherwise be a fairly straightforward quest line. Seriously, I've been at it for 2 days trying to do this ONE mission, and my Frame usually runs normal missions at level 40, so it isn't really a leveling issue.

Please, please, please for the love of god please at least just refund our credits if we score too much so we don't have to grind for the mission over and over and over and over and over and over and over. And over. It is seriously bad enough that it makes me just not want to play again, and if not for the upcoming fortuna update, I probably would have said "**** this," yesterday and left the game without ever looking back.

And before anyone says "just play index, you can get up to a mil an hour...."
I'm already sick of index! I don't want to ever play it again, thank you!

3 minutes ago, MeanderingBeing said:

However, on the specific mission I am referring to, it requires you to intentionally throw the match. If you win by more than 10 points, it results in mission failure, which is surprisingly hard. The spectres, fortunately, dont try to score it seems, but then I just end up with a massive accumulation of coins doing my best to not score and not kill while keeping a 5 point lead. But then the Nef team gets a 1 point lead and I have to score just to not lose....

Actually, the score difference between you and Nef can be no higher than 10, meaning that if he scores 1 and you have 2 or more its ok but if you pass 11 then you lose. Its not really that difficult if you have a friend to help.

If you want i can help you with it my self as i have already done with many other friends and people who had trouble with the quest here in the forums but im currently at work and will be home in about 5 hours.

The Glast Gambit is pretty badly designed. When it came out, there were trolls who would intentionally gather too many points so their squad would lose credits.

Unfortunately, it's been around long enough that hopes it will ever change so new players don't have to experience it are pretty much nonexistent.

look, if we want it or not

grinding is the only way for whatever company in the gamingindustry to get cash

its mostly "familiar" in "free to play"-games which arent definetly free to play

i guess i dont need to say more and im completely with you even that i grinded in both directions, with real cash and grinding

now, we can leave this games, or we play them, there is nothing inbetween

even if the gamingindustry would technically be able to give us real stories, who wanna pay them ?

everything else around is a psychological fact ... no more, no less

be happy that your mind is smart enough for not want grinding in games, use this gift from yourself and be happy ^^)