Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mobile Defense Is A Little Ridiculous...

Xylia

I kind of agree with you. I really like missions like that where there's actually a risk of failing but if you're going to put it at the bottleneck of a low level planet then I think newbies should be given the tools to deal with it. I've always thought it'd be nice if you where given the choice (or randomly given) between hornet strike and serration after you first mission or first boss. Like how Vor is guaranteed to drop a cronus BP when you first kill him they could also make him drop either serration, hornet strike or maybe peircing hit or something. Or they could just make rifle mods drop occasionally.

Also I think a lot of it has to do with how poorly the game informs new players about mods, difficulty, rewards, and just information about the game in general. For example, a new player could very easily get a no return mod or two from kiliken or venera (corpus defense missions drop no return in my experience) and have a much easier time playing through earth but there's no way a new player could know that without looking at the wiki. They could even have a list of possible rewards that you could open via an icon next to it's respective defense mission or when you unlocked a planet with a new faction for the first time it could explain things like grineer having high armor and being weak against AP damage.

Now if only they made missions that where a challenge for higher level players as well...

EDIT: actually, I'm going to solo Lua with mag and unmodded equipment right now to see if it's actually difficult.

EDIT2: nevermind, Lua is nightmare mode "hisses at screen"

Edited by merryfistmas

I'm actualy visiting such kind of maps right after I'm polarizied my equip, because y'know, it's dam only 11th lvl! What the problem could be with such a low level enemies, no matter of how many they are.

And I bet with that Polarized equipment, you have...

1). An Aura Mod equipped on your Warframe (that most newbies won't have because when Aura mods DO pop in alerts, they are usually past Earth)

2). Redirection (which my newbie account still doesn't have, and it has cleared Earth entirely)

3). Serration/Hornet Strike (JUST Serration/Hornet Strike doubles your damage output straight up and only takes a few mod points if you put a V on your first Forma like most people do)

4). Better Weapons (an unranked Acrid does far, far more damage than a Lv15 non-potato Lato, or Braton would ever do)

5). Better Warframes (a Lv10 Rhino would survive far better than a Lv15 Excalibur due to Iron Skin).

Now imagine having to do it Solo.  Because you're friends aren't on, they've moved on, or your connection sucks too hard to be on line.  Pick one.

I am never solo, I always have my trusty pet sentinel who is forma'd before and maxing out again...

I see you point, such as the 2 terminal defense was hard at that low level,  but protecting the secondary objective after that might be a little big.  Then again, I have to ask why not create the session and then let others join you as I always find people joining those missions, especially pubbers.

Because...  It's a bit overwhelming?  What's the point of XP when you have to burn through all your revives?  What's the point when it's a level TEN.  Not TWENTY, TEN.

Yeah, with your Reactored Rhino or Frost at level 20, it's a lot of fun!  Easy, too.  but when you're 10 or 11, have no reactors or catalysts, it's not fun it's frantic and frustrating and BORING.

And that's the big problem, it's nothing but a boring, tedious grind that should have been left with JRPGs of the 1997.

Well not all levels are designed to be played with lvl 10 stuff... Mobile Defenses are one of those that, unless you are in a party, require a nice effort to be completed...

I think that some modes MUST need something more than a lvl 10 to be completed... else what would we do after?

Any mobile defense (grineer especially) is an xp paradise :)

I would be happy of those massacres, why do u dislike it OP?

(performance issues are all another speech)

I am never solo, I always have my trusty pet sentinel who is forma'd before and maxing out again...

Then frankly, you're never going to see the problem.

Not to mention, I have to ask, have any of you actually played this game?

Most of you who say 'it's not an issue' don't actually seem to grasp the exact issue.

Pick a Rank 0 Frame, have a rank 0 Braton, Lato and Skana, start from Mercury, TODAY.  And work your way to Lua, just using those weapons, and maybe the Cronus.  And see how well you do, how much grinding you need to do to actually get past.  And if you group with people, check out how much you personally contribute.

Well not all levels are designed to be played with lvl 10 stuff... Mobile Defenses are one of those that, unless you are in a party, require a nice effort to be completed...

I think that some modes MUST need something more than a lvl 10 to be completed... else what would we do after?

DOOD, LUA IS THE JUPITER ROADBLOCK.  IT'S A LEVEL 10 MISSION.  YOU HAVE TO DO IT TO GET TO JUPITER.  THERE ARE NO IFS, ANDS OR BUTS ABOUT IT.

So the only way to get past it, if you're starting off, is with a level 10 baby 'frame, like a Loki or an Excalibur, maybe a rank 15 Braton (that you bought off the Marketplace) a Lato and a Cronus.  Now, you will have likely have maybe a couple of Pistol and Melee Armour Piercing mods, Hornet Strike and the Melee one (the name escapes me) and that's it.  No elements (they start dropping off Jupiter, but remember, you need to pass Lua first!) not that many mods, and definitely no Reactors or Catalysts.

Come on guys.  Think.  Don't compare the content with the Frames and gear you have now, because yeah, you're going to beat it easily.  Most of it is what, 30+ with reactors and catalysts?  But some new guy who wants to play a Space Ninja and picks an Excalibur starts the game now, what is he or she going to find out when this sudden roadblock appears?

How many of you want to carry some dead weight in those missions, because they don't have the right mods?  Because they either don't drop at that level or they weren't lucky enough to get the right ones?

Remember a lot of us are working on several hundred hours of gameplay, but newbies are trying to go into the game.  This sort of stuff isn't helping people get into the game.  And DE needs new blood to make money.

Then frankly, you're never going to see the problem.

Not to mention, I have to ask, have any of you actually played this game?

Most of you who say 'it's not an issue' don't actually seem to grasp the exact issue.

Pick a Rank 0 Frame, have a rank 0 Braton, Lato and Skana, start from Mercury, TODAY.  And work your way to Lua, just using those weapons, and maybe the Cronus.  And see how well you do, how much grinding you need to do to actually get past.  And if you group with people, check out how much you personally contribute.

Let me help you out here son... Since you seem to miss the fact that this is marketed as a COOP-Shooter.  Solo is a joke, you can do it if nobody is on or get annoyed with other players but A) you get less drops & rarity of rewards going solo and B) you have to come onto the forums to complain about a MUTE point.

Secondly, do use all a favor and play the game yourself.  GRIND Mercury and the low level planets till you rank 30 on all your weapons and frame, THEN (key point) move on to exposing the whole map.  Very sad how you assume you can take the crap weapons from the beginning and maybe make it through Earth. 

Thirdly, and this is purely laughing at the thought process, why the hell would you want to do defense missions solo??? It completely blows my mind on what you are trying to prove here.

As far as I can tell, you want this game to be a solo game with co-op if chosen, when it is designed as a co-op game with a solo option.  I wasn't a newbie long ago and NEVER did I whine like this, forget to grind up weapons, or any of the other mistakes you make in your theory of how to advance in this game.  Hell I think I played the first 3 missions 20x each before moving on.

Because...  It's a bit overwhelming?  What's the point of XP when you have to burn through all your revives?  What's the point when it's a level TEN.  Not TWENTY, TEN.

Yeah, with your Reactored Rhino or Frost at level 20, it's a lot of fun!  Easy, too.  but when you're 10 or 11, have no reactors or catalysts, it's not fun it's frantic and frustrating and BORING.

And that's the big problem, it's nothing but a boring, tedious grind that should have been left with JRPGs of the 1997.

Perhaps you will learn from this, as one poster said. Another of course said why should you learn, what what did you do wrong and I am sure another poster will have a different opinion.

If your levelling a Warframe, take decent weapons. If your levelling weapons, try doing one weapon at a time with a decent, or a new Warframe, always have a good backup weapon. Go somewhere with newish warframe and all new weapons and get your arse kicked........you should know better.

I'll now sit back and wait for the Trolls to disagree.

Edited by DaveC

Let me help you out here son... Since you seem to miss the fact that this is marketed as a COOP-Shooter.  Solo is a joke, you can do it if nobody is on or get annoyed with other players but A) you get less drops & rarity of rewards going solo and B) you have to come onto the forums to complain about a MUTE point.

Secondly, do use all a favor and play the game yourself.  GRIND Mercury and the low level planets till you rank 30 on all your weapons and frame, THEN (key point) move on to exposing the whole map.  Very sad how you assume you can take the crap weapons from the beginning and maybe make it through Earth. 

Thirdly, and this is purely laughing at the thought process, why the hell would you want to do defense missions solo??? It completely blows my mind on what you are trying to prove here.

As far as I can tell, you want this game to be a solo game with co-op if chosen, when it is designed as a co-op game with a solo option.  I wasn't a newbie long ago and NEVER did I whine like this, forget to grind up weapons, or any of the other mistakes you make in your theory of how to advance in this game.  Hell I think I played the first 3 missions 20x each before moving on.

Let me help you son, you obviously have no idea what it takes to make a game survive this rather brutal market.

Grinding was a 'badge of honor' back in the Everquest days.  It's still 'cool' if you're into Korean MMOs.  This is neither an MMO nor an old game.  It's time to move with the times.  Mainly because not only does Warframe have to compete with other games, it has to compete with people having jobs and wanting to feel like they accomplished something in the hour they set aside to play Warframe.  You make the game tedious, you lost.

Also, the idea of this being a Coop only shooter is sad, because that means that DE is going to lose a lot of costumers over the weeks.  And if they lose those, they lose Plat sales.  They lose Plat sales, the game dies.  So the game MUST cater to as many people as possible.  That includes those who solo, duo and trio.  Not the kidlets who like to hang out and make 'Your Mom' jokes when they're politely bored, or attack your lineage and sexuality when really into it.

You want to kill Warframe, that's fine.  But you're, thankfully, not DE.

Here is something you need to know about Warframe, The exp gain on any other mission is crap compared to Mobile Defense. Its the map you go to for levels, and building up weapons. If your current party can not move forward on that mission, leave and join a public one. You are bound to run in to a user who could solo the map without a problem.

Right now, mobile defense is the only map that really offer any kind of challenge for players. But the moment someone come in with max level uber skill you will beat that map. That map also drop a lot of mods and resources, heaven for new players. I would only have to play Mobile defense around 20 times to fully level up a weapon while on other maps it would be over 100 times. It doesn't matter if you cant contribute much in the start, gather the mods and upgrade the weapon. And stay near the console too, it helps to keep you alive, if you run to other side of the map and die over there then yeah. You are going to burn those revives.

I do not want DE touching any Mobile defense map to make them easier, would mean less exp for you and me. That also mean MORE grind. People should keep trying that map until they get past it. There will always be one who can just wipe the area in that map.

thats all?

thats not really all the many kills honestly.

it is, for basically unmodded gear. 

the point of this, very understandably, being if people are looking for a challenge, there's plenty to be had, but not in the newbie level areas. those areas are supposed to be where people get the hang of the game. 

considering it was 3 newbies and one Excalibur slashing everything up, those 3 other players effectively were just distraction decoys that could walk. 

and this is the issue. those low level areas, is where people are going to get the hang of the game. sure, eventually those newbies will learn the intricacies of the game, but at that level, you can't expect them to have.

if people want more challenge in these things, add the challenge at like lv70 enemies, not lv10.

The starting weapon should be ditched as soon as possible for something else. Buying that other Braton gun would make it far more survivable for  you guys. The pistol should also be switched to another gun. That map is perfect for beginners, the enemies doesn't take that much damage at that level and the amount of mods dropped during that time is pretty high. Since beginners are looking for mods it is the best place to look in. If you use your warframe abilities you will be able to put more stuff on your warframe. So more shield for it, or another skill.