Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[New] Warframe Alert Tracker (WAT)

Bilge_

Warframe Alert Tracker has just been released! You can use it to get notifications in-game or whilst doing other stuff in Windows, when certain fissure mission types are available. For example, you can get a notification when any endless Axi fissures spawn, if that's what you're interested in.

dashboard.png

You create the rules about what you want to be notified about using a powerful alert rule builder.

alerts.png

When a new fissure pops up and it matches one or more of your inclusion rules (and is not excluded by any exclusion rules), you'll get a notification pop-up that looks similar to the following.

notification.png

The app is still fairly basic at the moment (doesn't even have an icon yet!) and only supports fissures right now, but has a clean UI and presents fissures more clearly than in-game. The entire Warframe world state is available internally so it would be fairly easy to add notifications for regular alerts, Cetus day/night cycle, Baro visits, news posts or whatever you're interested in, in a future update, if more people help add these new features! If you're interested, I'm seeking help from the community to keep this project going. Together we can build a complete desktop version of the mobile app with a clearer UI and more powerful rule builder that lets you select exactly what you want to be notified about!

[Download here]

25 minutes ago, mikakor said:

same, i want to find that later, when it will have been upgraded. interesting.

It's not going to upgrade itself. If nobody wants to spend any time on it, it will remain exactly the way it is now.

Edited by Bilge_

I'll play around with it.  If I notice any glaring issues or have suggestions I'll pop em in the thread.

After downloading:  Seems simple enough.  Will let it run a while trying out different alert settings.
If it does see some popularity a change I'd like would be to allow us to adjust the position of the alert (near the bottom corner would be preferable for me).  But thats just a little thing, not critical.

Edited by aswitz87

3 hours ago, aswitz87 said:

a change I'd like would be to allow us to adjust the position of the alert

It's open source so you can add whatever features you want. If your changes are good they will be accepted for the next release. I will certainly accept more customization options.

Edited by Bilge_

4 minutes ago, Bilge_ said:

I could, but since you want this feature, I'll give you the opportunity to do it.

I would be lying if I knew how to do such things, I'm more of an ideas person. However, if you've not got the time to do it i'm sure there will be someone who picks up on and make it a thing. I'll download this in a bit as tracking fissures like this is will be helpful so thanks for that.

The only way to know how to do something is to try doing it. I didn't know how to do half the things I needed to know just to make it do what it does now, which is why it took almost two months just to do fissures. But now that it's done it shouldn't take long to build extra things on top.

Cetus day/night cycle data is already downloaded, you just have to put it somewhere on the UI. Then, extend the alert rules to support pre/post day/night time offsets so the user can choose how long before or after the day/night they want to be notified. Google will get you through most of the challenges you might face, and I'll help with the bits that pertain specifically to this application.

Edited by Bilge_

5 hours ago, Bilge_ said:

It's open source so you can add whatever features you want. If your changes are good they will be accepted for the next release. I will certainly accept more customization options.

Outside my skillset, and I'm not that dedicated to using such a thing to spend time learning to edit it.  I'd sooner just log into WF.