Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ALERT missions end up being NIGHTMARE ones!

VermilionMHX

I had enough of choosing an ALERT mission from the roll-down quick-access window, then start dying, only to discover we have no shields or armor, because it is also a NIGHTMARE mode, with all of those disabled, that the ALERTS tab NEVER displays. If we'd navigate to the planet and find the map on the chart, sure, it would display it, but I [expletive] had enough of this constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY happening. What's the point of the quick-access if it doesn't display some rather crucial information like "Hey, sucker, you'll have no shields or armor in this! Have fun!" 

Today was the umpteenth time, times a hundred, that this happened.

And in case I get a reply saying "pay more attention to the navigation UI and actually go to the mission location on the chart to see if it's also a nightmare-mode" THAT defeats the purpose of having a roll-down quick-access bar. 

I agree that a red frame or something would be useful to the new players to differentiate between normal and elite alerts. But not for someone who has it happening...

1 hour ago, VermilionMHX said:

the umpteenth time

OP would know by now what (s)he wants - if it's a dual stat mod, etc - and mentally prepare accordingly for that alert. It's not DE's fault when a player that already knows the game's mechanics is careless. Rage less at the game, more at self when doing such things. 🤪

Only way to tell if it’s a Nightmare Alert if there’s a red border around the Alert Symbol and there’s a Nightmare Mission inside the same Planet that got that Alert. What i’ve seen from those Alerts a lot is No shield mode and Energy Drain mode. 

6 hours ago, Himenoinu said:

I agree that a red frame or something would be useful to the new players to differentiate between normal and elite alerts. But not for someone who has it happening...

OP would know by now what (s)he wants - if it's a dual stat mod, etc - and mentally prepare accordingly for that alert. It's not DE's fault when a player that already knows the game's mechanics is careless. Rage less at the game, more at self when doing such things. 🤪

I rarely care about the mods/reward that is displayed, dual-stat or whatever, since I already got the ones I need. And even if there's a red outline, it is obviously not apparent enough. Otherwise I wouldn't keep falling into the same "trap".

On 2018-08-27 at 6:28 PM, VermilionMHX said:

And even if there's a red outline, it is obviously not apparent enough. Otherwise I wouldn't keep falling into the same "trap".

It isn't - the red border is only around the location's icon. However, nightmare alerts are problematic for the first few MRs, until the player figures out how to tune his/her builds - especially when she or he has all the needed mods.

But, again, nightmare alerts could get something to help new players differentiate between them - be that a red outline or a red hued background. However, with the increase in the warframes' power, the nightmare alerts need some tuning themselves, both to deserve their name and for the people to play them even after they've got their 2 dozen copies of each dual stat mod... maybe higher chance of reinforced containers?

Edited by Himenoinu