Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Critique/Feedback on my Valkyr Prime Eternal War Build

Ailryden

Question

Greetings fellow Tenno!

I've been scouring forums and youtube for the last week or so looking for ways to build my Valkyr Prime to be the ultimate killing machine while also remaining fairly indestructible. Coming from Rhino, it's definitely a refreshing change of pace, but I'm also discovering that Rhino allowed some bad habits such as standing still or just eating damage with Iron Skin.

I'm on Neptune as of writing this post and I find myself hitting a wall of sorts with survivability and damage, however I feel that's largely due to my mods and not having enough of them ranked up or maxed out entirely. I'll list out my build and mods below, any and all help would be appreciated! I'm not as concerned with my Primary or Secondary weapon as much as I am my Warframe and Melee Weapon Build. This is mainly because my Hek is already a beast and I plan on swapping the Twin Gremlins out for a Twin Grakata once I hit MR8. 

Frame: Valkyr Prime (0 Forma)
Aura: Steel Charge: Rank 4/5
Power Drift: Rank 0/5
Blind Rage: Rank 2/10
Eternal War: Rank 1/3
Continuity: Rank 1/5
Vitality: Rank 7/10
Hunter Adrenaline: Rank 0/5
Gladiator Aegis: Rank 3/5
Gladiator Resolve: Rank 3/5
Steel Fiber: Rank 7/10

Primary Weapon: Hek (2 Forma)
Scattered Justice: Rank 3 (Max)
Point Blank: Rank 5 (Max)
Hell's Chamber: Rank 5 (Max)
Blaze: Rank 3 (Max)
Chilling Reload: Rank 3 (Max)
Charged Shell: Rank 2/5
Contagious Spread: Rank 2/5
Vicious Spread: Rank 5 (Max)

Secondary Weapon: Twin Gremlin (1 Forma)
Barrel Diffusion: Rank 3/5
Pistol Pestilence: Rank 0/3
Convulsion: Rank 0/5
Gunslinger: Rank 4/5
Lethal Torrent: Rank 4/5
Hornet Strike: Rank 4/10

Melee Weapon: Galatine (2 Forma)
Stance: Tempo Royale: Rank 3/3 (Max)
Fury: Rank 5/5 (Max)
Organ Shatter: Rank 3/5
True Steel: Rank 5/5 (Max)
Shocking Touch: Rank 4/5
Pressure Point: Rank 5/5 (Max)
Beserker: Rank 5/5 (Max)
Virulent Scourge: Rank 1/3
Healing Return: Rank 0/10

Talons: 
Hysteria: Rank 3/3 (Max)
Pressure Point: Rank 5/5 (Max)
True Steel: Rank 5/5 (Max)
Organ Shatter: Rank 3/5
Beserker: Rank 5/5 (Max)
Fever Strike: Rank 1/5
Shocking Touch: Rank 4/5
Volcanic Edge: Rank 0/3
Drifting Contact: Rank 3/3 (Max)

As you can see, I have no issues downing enemies or even bosses with my Hek. I was all about assault rifles and bows when I first started, but found the simplistic power of shotguns to be more appealing as I progressed further into the game. Not to mention the range I have with all of my multi-shot mods really makes this weapon feel like a sturdy and reliable all-rounder when all else fails. 

I feel like my main issue with survivability at the moment is simply not having my mods properly ranked up on Valkyr. All of the essential mods are there with Steel Charge, Power Drift, Blind Rage, and Eternal War to allow me to become a melee powerhouse and dip into Hysteria when my health gets low. Hunter Adrenaline would ensure that I always have enough energy to activate Hysteria since Valkyr primarily takes damage to her health since her shields are almost non-existent. 

I just feel like I've lost direction with my Galatine build and it's damage has suffered because of this. Most of the videos I've seen recommend building Galatine for either Status or Crit, but since I'll be abusing Valkyr's warcry for the insane speed buff, I'm not quite sure which direction to go with it. I feel like a status build utilizing corrosive or magnetic would be the way to go for the later stages, but again, haven't quite made it there yet. 

I still really don't know what I'm doing with the talons yet. I know going into hysteria allows them to scale off of the melee mods that you have equipped, and it would seem like going with a crit based build would be preferable when you look at their base crit chance and insane speed. 

Would any of you veteran Valkyr players mind giving me some feedback on my current build? Any and all feedback would be appreciated. I'm really starting to dig deep into the games mechanics and I'm all ears!

14 answers to this question

Your Eternal War build is similar to mine. No Joke, except for Gladiator Resolve, All of the mods that's on your Valkyr Prime is the same as mine but i use Flow instead of Gladiator Resolve. I use Umbral mods for Vitality and Steel Fiber and Primed Continuity but the Normal Vitality and Steel Fiber works the same for less Survivability and normal Continuity just gives you lower Duration. Similar Story with her Talons but instead of Pressure point, Volcanic Edge, Drifting Contact, and True Steel, I use Primed Pressure Point, Sacrifical Steel (Stronger True Steel) , Primed Reach, and Shattering Impact. So your Valkyr Build looks like a less Primed version of my Valkyr Build so i think with those two builds, Ranking the mods would be more Important than changing the build but if you want to change it, there would be only a minor change.

If you have Condition Overload, i would recommend you use that mod over Healing Return because it's a nice mod to use for Status builds. The 60% damage boost you get from CO is Muplicative so you can do pretty crazy damage with Status Weapons if you status chance is high enough and you use that mod. Plus you heal with Hysteria too. 

Strength and Duration are critical for using Eternal War. you want lots of it.

look to get Blood Rush from Orokin Moon Spy to replace True Steel on your Melee Weapon. if you gotta have Berserker and Fury sobeit but if not also consider either Primed Reach or Condition Overload.

11 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Strength and Duration are critical for using Eternal War. you want lots of it.

look to get Blood Rush from Orokin Moon Spy to replace True Steel on your Melee Weapon. if you gotta have Berserker and Fury sobeit but if not also consider either Primed Reach or Condition Overload.

Just swapped out True Steel for Blood Rush and I'll give it a shot. 

I don't have Primed Reach or Condition Overload, but I can always trade for them. Honestly, I didn't feel the need for even the normal Reach mod with Galatine's already impressive swing arc. 

1 minute ago, VPrime96 said:

Your Eternal War build is similar to mine. No Joke, except for Gladiator Resolve, All of the mods that's on your Valkyr Prime is the same as mine but i use Flow instead of Gladiator Resolve. I use Umbral mods for Vitality and Steel Fiber and Primed Continuity but the Normal Vitality and Steel Fiber works the same for less Survivability and normal Continuity just gives you lower Duration. Similar Story with her Talons but instead of Pressure point, Volcanic Edge, Drifting Contact, and True Steel, I use Primed Pressure Point, Sacrifical Steel (Stronger True Steel) , Primed Reach, and Shattering Impact. So your Valkyr Build looks like a less Primed version of my Valkyr Build so i think with those two builds, Ranking the mods would be more Important than changing the build but if you want to change it, there would be only a minor change.

If you have Condition Overload, i would recommend you use that mod over Healing Return because it's a nice mod to use for Status builds. The 60% damage boost you get from CO is Muplicative so you can do pretty crazy damage with Status Weapons if you status chance is high enough and you use that mod. Plus you heal with Hysteria too. 

Appreciate the feedback! It's great to see that my build is similar to others; That tells me I'm on the right track. I'm sure I'll obtain the primed versions of those mods in due time, just trying to make it through the Star Chart right now. 

Since I've seen Condition Overload in both replies, I'll snag that tonight and give it an honest shot. I just got the healing return on there because I was struggling to keep my health up outside of Hysteria, but that goes back to needing to level my mods on the frame itself. 

Great responses so far. This is why I love the Warframe community so much!

6 minutes ago, Ailryden said:

Just swapped out True Steel for Blood Rush and I'll give it a shot. 

I don't have Primed Reach or Condition Overload, but I can always trade for them. Honestly, I didn't feel the need for even the normal Reach mod with Galatine's already impressive swing arc. 

oh, i totally forgot Body Count / Drifting Contact / Gladiator Rush. one of those is important for utilizing Blood Rush unless you're going to always use Naramon Focus.

just to be clear, Reach is to make the Weapon hit Enemies that are farther away from you, not to make cuts that sweep a wider area in Degrees.

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

oh, i totally forgot Body Count / Drifting Contact / Gladiator Rush. one of those is important for utilizing Blood Rush unless you're going to always use Naramon Focus.

just to be clear, Reach is to make the Weapon hit Enemies that are farther away from you, not to make cuts that sweep a wider area in Degrees.

Okay, swapped a few things around. This is where I'm at:

Reach 3/3
Drifting Contact 3/3
Blood Rush 0/10
Pressure Point 5/5
Beserker 5/5
Shocking Touch 4/5
Virulent Scourge 1/3
Condition Overload 0/5

Think that'll work better?

7 minutes ago, Ailryden said:

sure. however i only suggested Range as a consideration - if you try Primed Reach and don't feel like the difference is important to you, sobeit.
just as fitting both Blood Rush and Condition Overload gets things dead the fastest but one or the other is also still pretty good and makes it easier to fit some Utility Mods if you desire those.

10 minutes ago, Ailryden said:

Okay, swapped a few things around. This is where I'm at:

Reach 3/3
Drifting Contact 3/3
Blood Rush 0/10
Pressure Point 5/5
Beserker 5/5
Shocking Touch 4/5
Virulent Scourge 1/3
Condition Overload 0/5

Yeah it would. When you fully rank them up, you would notice a difference in their Performance.

Just took this setup for a spin and even with unranked mods, I'm noticing some improvements already. 

Off to farm some credits and endo to rank these puppies up and get back into the fray!

If anyone else has any points they would like to add, feel free. Hopefully other players in the same boat will stumble upon this thread and save some platinum and time. 

A big thanks to everyone who replied so quickly!

For maximum meme replace reach with maiming strike.

For Valkyr, my build is almost the same, but instead of Gladiator Aegis I have Intensify.

The only critique I have is Drifting Contact on Valkyr Talons, they don't contribute for the combo multiplier so that mod is only there for the status chance.

Last, a bit of an advise, run a Smeeta Kavat with Valkyr. Get Maul, Link Health, Link Armor, Hunter Recovery and Pack Leader, enjoy.

While we are at it, I'd like to ask, what's with almost every Warcry Valkyr having Flow, even without quick thinking?

10 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

While we are at it, I'd like to ask, what's with almost every Warcry Valkyr having Flow, even without quick thinking?

With the amount of Energy you use in Hysteria with 45% Efficiency, putting Quick thinking into Valkyr is a bad idea compare to having Flow. Also, the Stagger at high level.

28 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

With the amount of Energy you use in Hysteria with 45% Efficiency, putting Quick thinking into Valkyr is a bad idea compare to having Flow. Also, the Stagger at high level.

Why would you need flow anyway, when you have Hunter Adrenaline...

You already got good advice here, the only problem you see is your choice of melee weapons...which is super popular but IMHO not very good (I'm not a veteran, but plenty experienced and prefer solving all problems directly to the face, it's my niche)

If you want to go the Heavy route (either heavy blades or hammers) you definitely want to go with a Zaw.  You can get VERY fast with one (Here's Hamsterball Nyx covering lots of ground in that lil' bubble...Assimilate teaches you to move with combat maneuvers)

I'm more a fan of staves with Clashing Forest with Valkyr though.  You get more mobility with her 'not really block' combo than most any other stance in the game and it's easy to break out of.  You can absolutely destroy sorties with a lowly Tipedo, but again I'd advise a Zaw.  Why?  

Exodia Hunt.

It works GREAT with a Hysteria build with Valkyr.  She can get in a crazy amount of slams when she wants to, her finisher is nearly instant, and that gives her a huge effective range.  Exodias on your melee weapon work on your exalted ones, so it's made of win.

Everything else looks like you're on a good trajectory (I'm more of a Shouty Hugs Valkyr sort myself, I don't like managing timers), but that melee choice has 'my old bad decisions that I took too long to get over because everyone said it was awesome' written all over it. 🙂

Here's the build I use for EW like FreeWilliam I prefer staves with Clashing Forest.  I used Tipedo for a very very long time but since PoE I've built various Zaws that do the job much better.  

Staves or Polearms can be really fast attacks and the extra reach allows you to kill things before they get close enough to hurt you.  Having said that, Galatine Prime with Tempo Royale is insane fun on a WarCry Valkyr.  

8ogxnyK.jpg

I generally only use Hysteria for heals or revives.  I now have another version using Umbral Mods but the build is basically the same.

Edited by Sabreracer